3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Um, no. I have not."

49 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Oh, those books. "I've read them. But it's not like I was reading Alloy of Law or even a Sanderson book." I smile. "Though this is a far better alternative then what I was actually reading."

29 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“At least it isn’t a Jumanji-type situation for you.  The imaginary infecting your world and wrecking havoc,” Trésor noted with amusement.

"Oh, thank goodness! Another book I can make references for." Hoblim turns to Trésor. "For your information, an Inkheart-situation isn't much better than Jumanji. But I digress." He turns back to the group of earthlings. "What I meant wasn't the part about reading out loud - out of which, by the way, the 'out loud' part is important - but the semi-philosophical discussion of the reality of a book. Is it really only a fabrication of the author? Or is he just an explorer, recording new places for us?" He stops, hesitating. "Actually, I gave the topic of whether what you experience is real or not far too much thought. I can probably ramble about it for hours. Would you like to hear my thoughts?"

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh, thank goodness! Another book I can make references for." Hoblim turns to Trésor. "For your information, an Inkheart-situation isn't much better than Jumanji. But I digress." He turns back to the group of earthlings. "What I meant wasn't the part about reading out loud - out of which, by the way, the 'out loud' part is important - but the semi-philosophical discussion of the reality of a book. Is it really only a fabrication of the author? Or is he just an explorer, recording new places for us?" He stops, hesitating. "Actually, I gave the topic of whether what you experience is real or not far too much thought. I can probably ramble about it for hours. Would you like to hear my thoughts?"

"Well at least it isn't a lord of the flies situation." She muttered. Wait. I died. Is this a lord of the flies situation? 

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

You’ve read the book? Cool! I watched the 1995 movie.

Lord of the Flies. The book I refused to read.

10 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

You’ve read the book? Cool! I watched the 1995 movie.

I... Meant Inkheart, not Jumanji. If you talk about the Inkheart film I refuse to acknowledge it.

And thank goodness, another person who hates Lord of the Flies!

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A few more turns from here."

“In which direction?” Roues asked dryly. “Left, right, down that alley?”

@Trutharchivist

I’ve read Inkheart (years and years and years ago). Never read Jumanji, but I figured “Robin Williams was in it, so at least it’ll be amusing.” Turned out to be a really fun film. So then I watched the sequels.

I’m really hoping Jumanji 4 is going to do what the end credits hinted and bring the Jungle into the real world like it did in the original!

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

22 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Well at least it isn't a lord of the flies situation." She muttered. Wait. I died. Is this a lord of the flies situation? 

"I fail to see the relevance of this horrible book to the topic we're talking of."

21 hours ago, Condensation said:

"No, not really. I've read the Inkworld series."

When Hoblim sees that no one answers on whether or not they'd like to hear his ramble, he understands that they probably don't want and reopens the book, a little disappointed. Well, it's not like there's any reason they'd want to hear it.

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"I fail to see the relevance of this horrible book to the topic we're talking of."

When Hoblim sees that no one answers on whether or not they'd like to hear his ramble, he understands that they probably don't want and reopens the book, a little disappointed. Well, it's not like there's any reason they'd want to hear it.

Lilliana wasn't paying attention anymore. She had brought out her notebook, and was creating a periodic table from memory. It was really, really, really hard. Especially with the spike. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This sucks! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! At least I memorized it somewhat recently. Wait. No. Focus. 

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana wasn't paying attention anymore. She had brought out her notebook, and was creating a periodic table from memory. It was really, really, really hard. Especially with the spike. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This sucks! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! At least I memorized it somewhat recently. Wait. No. Focus. 

Maybe there's a metallic ink or something? If so, it'll be surprising that Kell doesn't know about it, though.

Are there metals in normal printer ink?

7 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Kelsier sees normally with his left eye and in steel lines with the right. This made reading a major headache endured for him at the beginning. He still prefers to read in Braille.

He can see trace metals though. His steel sight is incredible. He doesn’t need metallic ink to see the letters. It actually makes it harder, since he’d see the metal on all the pages, not just the one he’s reading. (Marsh could differentiate pigments with his Steelsight in HoA, so...) 

Note that Kell also has perfect color sense, which effects things.

26 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Trésor glanced over at Lilli’s work. “The Periodic table? You like science?”

"Yeah. I especially love biology. I was thinking about going into genetics. Cytogenetics to be precise." She grimaced. "I was actually going to go see if I could find a microscope for sale when I got shot..." She sighed. "And that blew up in my face. I was also going to see if I could get chemicals, or different things so that I could manufacture chemicals myself. And petri dishes. And a bunch of other things."

Just now, Random Bystander said:

"Yeah. I especially love biology. I was thinking about going into genetics. Cytogenetics to be precise." She grimaced. "I was actually going to go see if I could find a microscope for sale when I got shot..." She sighed. "And that blew up in my face. I was also going to see if I could get chemicals, or different things so that I could manufacture chemicals myself. And petri dishes. And a bunch of other things."

Trésor raised an eyebrow. “You’d like my Grandfather. He’s an organic chemist. But I don’t think this is the best place to experiment with explosives.”

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Trésor raised an eyebrow. “You’d like my Grandfather. He’s an organic chemist. But I don’t think this is the best place to experiment with explosives.”

"I wasn't going to experiment with explosives. My top priority was making a specific chemical. It's C14H19NO2. It's a medication I use."

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I wasn't going to experiment with explosives. My top priority was making a specific chemical. It's C14H19NO2. It's a medication I use."

Trésor sent the formula to her counterpart.

Methylphenidate, Treasure sent. The best known brandname is Ritalin. It’s used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy.

”ADHD?” Trésor asked. “Or narcolepsy?”

Trésor sent the formula to her counterpart.

Methylphenidate, Treasure sent. The best known brandname is Ritalin. It’s used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy.

”ADHD?” Trésor asked. “Or narcolepsy?”

I know it as Focalin. :)

"ADHD. I've been taking it since 3rd grade."

Trésor nodded. “We’ll have to see what we can do for that. I’ll speak to Master Thaidakar when he returns.”

That would be hard to get... It's a controlled substance... "Okay." She returned to the migraine that was her periodic table. This will be worth it later. This will be worth it later. I think.