All the People We Haven't Considered for Odium's Champion

Lightdancer

This isn't for any particular purpose. I've just noticed that there are a lot of popular options for Odium's champion (Gavinor, Adolin, Szeth), while there are some people that never seem to come up.

I haven't scored the forums to see if these people have been mentioned- if I list your theorized champion feel free to call me out.

• Jasnah
  • Renarin
  • Lift
  • Navani
  • Lirin
  • Rock
  • Chanarach, or really any not-too-prominent Herald (although, there are some cool Shallan theories that could take Chanarach off the list)
  • Felt
  • Thaidakar
  • Iyatil

I can't really think of anyone else- I really wanted to bring up Jasnah though. Let me know who I missed.

37 minutes ago, Chiri-Chiri<3 said:

I always thought that Gavinor is the top choice because of one epigraph/death rattle about not killing a child in combination with the fact that Dalinar would not be able to kill a loved one again.

Gavinor would make sense. That's probably what '3-parts-HCl : 1-part-HNO3' meant.

Yeah could Dalinar kill his grandchild to save Roshar? If Odium is able to get to Gavinor, would Dalinar allow himself to be killed?

Just now, KSub said:

Gavinor would make sense. That's probably what '3-parts-HCl : 1-part-HNO3' meant.

Yeah could Dalinar kill his grandchild to save Roshar? If Odium is able to get to Gavinor, would Dalinar allow himself to be killed?

If Dalinar kills Gavinor TOdium still wins. Remember their discussion? About methods? If the battle comes down to a moral choice like that then TOdium wins by creating an unwinnable situation. An ideological battle that cannot be won - at least not by Dalinar.

7 minutes ago, KSub said:

Thanks for recognizing my composition... but I meant exactly what I typed.  :P  I think Gavilar makes a lot more sense than Gavinor.  Odium's Champion is, I think, going to be a character we already know very well, not a 7-year-old we've seen on screen twice.

5 minutes ago, AquaRegia said:

Thanks for recognizing my composition... but I meant exactly what I typed.  :P  I think Gavilar makes a lot more sense than Gavinor.  Odium's Champion is, I think, going to be a character we already know very well, not a 7-year-old we've seen on screen twice.

I saw your link after I posted my response.

I see how that's possible. Personally I'm not a fan of this option though 

unlikely, but what about elhokar, i mean, odium could have convinced him that he's the almighty, and was "giving him a second chance" (turning him into a fused) and then could just leave him until tod realized he has the perfect opportunity, and if you think about it, i think rayse would want more fused because his current ones are insane

8 minutes ago, Shob the Voidbringer said:

unlikely, but what about elhokar, i mean, odium could have convinced him that he's the almighty, and was "giving him a second chance" (turning him into a fused) and then could just leave him until tod realized he has the perfect opportunity, and if you think about it, i think rayse would want more fused because his current ones are insane

I don't think Odium was interested in creating more fused. Raboniel or maybe Leshwi tells Venli as much. There has never been a singer raised to fused since the originals.

This kind of reinforces my belief that Gavilar won't be back.

On 07/02/2021 at 4:22 PM, Frustration said:

I think we're looking at this the wrong way, Taravangian's plan isn't a cool "unbeatable" champion, even if he wins that doesn't get him anything

What he's looking for is a way out of the deal, that is what we should be scared of.

Probably by stopping the rotation of Roshar. I mean, we still haven't heard of that "Night of Sorrow" thing.

29 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Probably by stopping the rotation of Roshar. I mean, we still haven't heard of that "Night of Sorrow" thing.

Reading the coppermind page for the night of sorrows, it sounds like it is probably another name for the Everstorm.

I wonder if Todium would potentially promise Hoid something? Hoid likely cant be killed and Hoid cant fight non-cognitive shadows. That is an eternal draw. 

Hoid does say he would watch Roshar burn if that got him what he wanted. Hoid could betray Jasnah and ghost the planet once he receives his prize (whatever that is). 

Edited by teknopathetic

9 minutes ago, Frustration said:

wait

MB

Reveal hidden contents

Doesn't Vin do something similar in HoA?

this is possible.

I

*Ascends to terror*

Spoiler

After checking, she never did. And if She had tried Ruin would have stopped her. For T to stop the Roshar's rotation he would either need the agreement of Cultivation or find a way to bypass that issue.

1 minute ago, KSub said:

Reading the coppermind page for the night of sorrows, it sounds like it is probably another name for the Everstorm.

"So the night will reign, for the choice of honor is life..."

—Observed circa Ishi 1173 by Taravangian. Subject was King Valam of Jah Keved.

"The darkness becomes a palace. Let it rule! Let it rule!"

—Collected on Kakevah 1173, 22 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a darkeyed Selay man of unknown profession.

"I have seen the end, and have heard it named. The Night of Sorrows, the True Desolation. The Everstorm."

—Collected on Naneses 1172, 15 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a darkeyed youth of unknown origin.

No one ever called the day the Everstorm was created the Night of Sorrow.

2 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

I wonder if Todium would potentially promise Hoid something? Hoid likely cant be killed and Hoid cant fight non-cognitive shadows. That is an eternal draw. 

Hoid does say he would watch Roshar burn if that got him what he wanted. Hoid could betray Jasnah and ghost the planet once he receives his prize (whatever that is)

His prize is "Odium stays here"

Just now, mathiau said:
  Reveal hidden contents

After checking, she never did. And if She had tried Ruin would have stopped her. For T to stop the Roshar's rotation he would either need the agreement of Cultivation or find a way to bypass that issue.

Spoiler

She spun the planet

Just now, Frustration said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She spun the planet

Spoiler

She moved the planet indeed but it was something Ruin let her do . I guess if Odium found a way to distract Cutivation he could stop the rotation

1 hour ago, mathiau said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She moved the planet indeed but it was something Ruin let her do . I guess if Odium found a way to distract Cutivation he could stop the rotation

But we really have no detailed info on Cultivation's exact plans, so maybe

Spoiler

she will agree to let TOdium mess around with the planet. OH - Could this be  how Honor will reappear? The Shard will have to manifest to agree to this?

1 hour ago, MGershone said:

But we really have no detailed info on Cultivation's exact plans, so maybe

Hide contents

she will agree to let TOdium mess around with the planet. OH - Could this be  how Honor will reappear? The Shard will have to manifest to agree to this?

Spoiler

Ruin had to actively stop Vin from doing thing so I assume a splintered Shard doesn't have it's word to say

Spoiler

Edited by mathiau