Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Okay, cool. Works for me. ;)

Riva rolled her eyes at the announcement. "Finally," she said bitterly. With that, she strode unhindered out of the room, shoving past the man who'd made the announcement. 

She had a little girl to find and a general to rescue her from. 

I assume Caden is on his way to the ballroom anyway. Hoping they run into each other.

Caden strode down the hall of the castle, trying to make it to the meeting chamber in as little time as possible. He barely looked up as he mulled over what he knew about the man he was to meet. It was only when he heard the sound of voices that he realized how close his journey took him to the ballroom. As he let out a soft curse, he tried his best to get as far away from that room as possible. The last thing he wanted was to be confronted by dozens of nobles leaving a party.

16 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Riva - being the first one out - managed to catch a glimpse of him. Just the man I want to see... She squared her shoulders, glaring. "Halt!" she commanded. "General Praetorium, I do believe you have something that belongs to me."

Caden's breath caught in his chest when he recognized the voice from earlier. He debated continuing on as if he hadn't heard the Ravenness, but he silently scoffed at the thought of such a woman giving up so easily. He stopped, and he then turned around to face Ravenness. "I am pressed for time, Ravenness. Make this quick."

"No, General, am pressed for time, and despite that uniform, I still outrank you. You will listen to me." Riva folded her arms, her raised eyebrow hidden behind her mask. A shame, really. She spent so much time on making her face perfect, yet no one even got to see it. "I believe you have in your custody a child who should be in my care and I expect you to hand her over."

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"No, General, am pressed for time, and despite that uniform, I still outrank you. You will listen to me." Riva folded her arms, her raised eyebrow hidden behind her mask. A shame, really. She spent so much time on making her face perfect, yet no one even got to see it. "I believe you have in your custody a child who should be in my care and I expect you to hand her over."

Panic gripped Caden's chest at the demand, and dread filled him as thoughts came to him about what the Ravenness could do to him. Regardless, he raised his voice and puffed out his chest. "You might outrank me, but your opinion does not outweigh that of the King's!"

"Oh?" Riva began to walk forward. "Well. Ivian never said a word to me regarding girl's fate, so forgive me if I don't believe you." She stopped nearly chest-to-chest with the behemoth of a man, utterly unfazed by being in his massive shadow. "Her capture was under my orders, General," Riva snapped, punctuating her words by tapping her long nail on Caden's breastplate. "Her life is in my hands."

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Oh?" Riva began to walk forward. "Well. Ivian never said a word to me regarding girl's fate, so forgive me if I don't believe you." She stopped nearly chest-to-chest with the behemoth of a man, utterly unfazed by being in his massive shadow. "Her capture was under my orders, General," Riva snapped, punctuating her words by tapping her long nail on Caden's breastplate. "Her life is in my hands."

Caden had to physically hold himself back from striking the Ravennes as she tapped his chest in fear of what she could do if he were placed under her stewardship. He could feel his blood rushing as he spoke, and had to clench his teeth and ball his fists to withhold his anger. "Then go ask him yourself, Ravennes. I'm sure he's looking forward to being in your company."

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"No objections? Good." With a smirk, Riva turned on her heels, walking with her head held high up to the King's bedroom where she knocked loudly before entering without waiting for a response.

@Channelknight Fadran

Caden looked to where he had planned on going and debated about leaving behind the Ravenness, but he decided that it would be better to both no displease the woman, and to watch her interaction with the King. He growled in a tone of resignation as he reluctantly followed behind the Ravenness

Riva grinned. "Really, Ivian? You assume so little of me if you think my psychological tactics are incapable of inflicting permanent damage upon a patient. But regardless, you have my word." She bowed with an obviously sarcastic flourish and said in a sing-song voice as she left the room, "sleep well, dear!"