Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

You're welcome! As the resident jam and jelly expert ( :P ) I'm glad to help out.

Yes, yes it is. And I like to make it too.

They are both delicious. But the best jam is my Grandma's strawberry freezer jam. Put that on fresh baked buns with a little bit of butter... mmm... :wub:

17 hours ago, Starborn42 said:

Hahahaha my friends hate reading but they do have the socially awkward part xd 

Most of my friends enjoy reading, but they aren't obsessed with it or anything. They have things they'd rather be doing.

On 21.12.2020 at 0:25 PM, Starborn42 said:

Hahahaha my friends hate reading but they do have the socially awkward part xd 

What do they love? Reading is the best way to avoid social interaction. I can say so from personal experience. I can say about my friends the same as Connie and Tesh.

I have 3 really close friends who solely read sci-fi fantasy. but they all refuse to get into the cosmere because I talk about it to much and they like spiteing me. My other close friends are into gaming and anime. 

Together we make up the most socially awkward and introverted group that I have ever come accross to the point where people get intimidated by us because sometimes we just stand around together and dont talk. 

And my mum thinks I have no friends :(

9 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Together we make up the most socially awkward and introverted group that I have ever come accross to the point where people get intimidated by us because sometimes we just stand around together and dont talk. 

Okay I feel so called out by this :P

None of my friends have read Sanderson, though I am trying to convince the one that likes fantasy to try Mistborn eventually. 

2 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

What do they love? Reading is the best way to avoid social interaction. I can say so from personal experience. I can say about my friends the same as Connie and Tesh.

Yep. My friends don't like to read.

2 hours ago, Starborn42 said:

Well my four bffs have their own obsessions. 

bff 1: Anime

bff 2: Violence

bff 3: Dark memes

bff 4: Some online number game for 5 year olds

We are sTrAnGe people ;)

My 17 BFFs like: 

(I'm kidding I only have three friends.)

Yeah, me and my friends are just into sports basically. 

I have one friend who has read tWoK and tFE, but only really because I wouldn't stop talking about them. He wasn't overly impressed. I have another who I am trying to convince to read Skyward, but she still won't. :( My best friend has read most of the Cosmere, and we were both completely obsessed back in middle school. She has since stopped reading as much, but we still make references to books and other things like that.

5 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, me and my friends are just into sports basically. 

What is sports, precious?

(I don't like most sports. They're too peopley. Which is why I ski.)

18 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I have one friend who has read tWoK and tFE, but only really because I wouldn't stop talking about them. He wasn't overly impressed. I have another who I am trying to convince to read Skyward, but she still won't. :( My best friend has read most of the Cosmere, and we were both completely obsessed back in middle school. She has since stopped reading as much, but we still make references to books and other things like that.

What is sports, precious?

(I don't like most sports. They're too peopley. Which is why I ski.)

Sports. . . is the (second) cure for boredom.