Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

5 hours ago, Tesh said:

"What does he want to talk about?" Talnic asked.

"He seems to be curious about the dead dragon, and your group." Replied Sef.

Gal lifted his eyes from the notebook for a moment, saw nothing interesting enough and returned to it.

Maybe Gal should start looking through Ara's notes...

17 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"He seems to be curious about the dead dragon, and your group." Replied Sef.

Gal lifted his eyes from the notebook for a moment, saw nothing interesting enough and returned to it.

"What does he want to know about us and the dragon?" Talnic asked slowly.

9 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Hmm...good question. His name is Ni." Cara gently nudges Ni. "You okay?"

Ni gave a shallow nod, silently lowering his head as he looked away from the dragon’s wound towards the frozen ground.

20 hours ago, Tesh said:

"What does he want to know about us and the dragon?" Talnic asked slowly.

"I'll ask him. He seems surprised by the fact you just left it lying here." Sef turns to Rylan, and says in elvish: "The Shadow asks what you want to know about the dragon and his group."

@Onimur

From now on, just talk to each other, Sef'll interpret.

7 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"The Shadow asks what you want to know about the dragon and his group."

Rylan turned to face the other man, apparently called The Shadow. 

"Greetings and Salutations, I am Rylan Ryan, the Seventh. Are you the slayer of this mighty beast here?" Rylan gestured to the dragon beside him.

@Tesh

Edited by Onimur

21 hours ago, Onimur said:

Rylan turned to face the other man, apparently called The Shadow. 

"Greetings and Salutations, I am Rylan Ryan, the Seventh. Are you the slayer of this mighty beast here?" Rylan gestured to the dragon beside him.

@Tesh

Talnic nodded. "I am," he said, a little suspicious.

Why was it that everyone was so concerned about the fact he had killed the dragon? It's mere existence was more of an issue. He had never seen anything like it, and after watching it quickly descend into insanity...

"Do you know anything about where this dragon might have come from?"

16 hours ago, Tesh said:

"Do you know anything about where this dragon might have come from?"

“No... I simply ask, for the slaying of a dragon is no small feat. If I wasn’t a stranger here, I would have the power to grant you a title...” Rylan trailed off.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:45 AM, Onimur said:

“No... I simply ask, for the slaying of a dragon is no small feat. If I wasn’t a stranger here, I would have the power to grant you a title...” Rylan trailed off.

"Where do you come from?"

On 3/21/2021 at 1:03 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Sef didn't translate that, instead telling the Shadow what Mr. Ryan told him earlier.

Talnic furrowed his brow, a newfound concern about the stranger beginning to grow within him. The cryptic answer combined with the man's unlikely appearance didn't seem quite right to Talnic, especially, he noted, since he didn't seem to speak a very common language.

"Ask him again," Talnic told Sef. "And ask him to be more specific, if he's willing."

@Onimur

13 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic furrowed his brow, a newfound concern about the stranger beginning to grow within him. The cryptic answer combined with the man's unlikely appearance didn't seem quite right to Talnic, especially, he noted, since he didn't seem to speak a very common language.

"Ask him again," Talnic told Sef. "And ask him to be more specific, if he's willing."

Rylan thought for a moment, then responded.

"Well, you see, I'm not from this world. At least, I don't think I am. I tend to... unexpectedly... travel between different worlds. I don't completely understand it myself, but that's the best I can explain it."

34 minutes ago, Onimur said:

Rylan thought for a moment, then responded.

"Well, you see, I'm not from this world. At least, I don't think I am. I tend to... unexpectedly... travel between different worlds. I don't completely understand it myself, but that's the best I can explain it."

Sef didn't translate immediately. Instead, he stood there, thoughtful, and said to Mr. Ryan: "You don't mean the Realms, do you? Different physical worlds, not other plains of existence? It's important."

21 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef didn't translate immediately. Instead, he stood there, thoughtful, and said to Mr. Ryan: "You don't mean the Realms, do you? Different physical worlds, not other plains of existence? It's important."

“No... they’re physical worlds. Each with their own planes of existence.”

5 minutes ago, Onimur said:

“No... they’re physical worlds. Each with their own planes of existence.”

Sef was taken aback by that. He shook his head and told Talnic: "He... He says he comes from another world, though he doesn't know his exact origins - he passes between worlds regularly and uncontrollably. You must excuse my delay in translation, what he said... It widens our scientific knowledge by much. It needs to be researched."

He shakes Gal, who looks up from his notebook, a little annoyed. He then tells him what Mr. Ryan said. Gal immediately looks up, starting to actually listen to the conversation.

@Tesh

9 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef was taken aback by that. He shook his head and told Talnic: "He... He says he comes from another world, though he doesn't know his exact origins - he passes between worlds regularly and uncontrollably. You must excuse my delay in translation, what he said... It widens our scientific knowledge by much. It needs to be researched."

He shakes Gal, who looks up from his notebook, a little annoyed. He then tells him what Mr. Ryan said. Gal immediately looks up, starting to actually listen to the conversation.

Talnic frowned. "How likely is it that he's telling the truth?"

19 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic frowned. "How likely is it that he's telling the truth?"

"I am not sure." Said Sef, looking troubled. "As far as scientific research goes on the topic, we don't know of the existence of any other world. It has been theorized that there are 'what if' worlds, but no proof was ever found. There are some who claim that passage to other worlds like that is possible through the other Realms, but again, this wasn't proven. If it is possible, it'll be through the Realm of Souls - the one about which we know only from curious anomalies that are inexplicable without it. In short - it's improbable that what he says is true."

2 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"I am not sure." Said Sef, looking troubled. "As far as scientific research goes on the topic, we don't know of the existence of any other world. It has been theorized that there are 'what if' worlds, but no proof was ever found. There are some who claim that passage to other worlds like that is possible through the other Realms, but again, this wasn't proven. If it is possible, it'll be through the Realm of Souls - the one about which we know only from curious anomalies that are inexplicable without it. In short - it's improbable that what he says is true."

Rylan watched the interaction between the three, then spoke again to Sef.

"Is there something wrong?"

@Tesh

Edited by Onimur

39 minutes ago, Onimur said:

Rylan watched the interaction between the three, then spoke again to Sef.

"Is there something wrong?"

@Tesh

Sef turns back to Mr. Ryan. "It's just that... Well, if what you said is true, you have just confirmed a scientific theory which was practically baseless up until now. It has some implications. And people will find it hard to believe."

Gal, on the meanwhile, tries to listen. He says nothing, but looks at his notebook for a moment, reading something in there.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef turns back to Mr. Ryan. "It's just that... Well, if what you said is true, you have just confirmed a scientific theory which was practically baseless up until now. It has some implications. And people will find it hard to believe."

Rylan smiled, his green eyes seeming to spark ablaze with mirth and madness.

“The very first thing you should know about me, is that when I am around, rules tend to break, bend, and be broken.”

He paused a moment, then continued

“The second thing you should know about me, is that most people find it hard to believe anything I say or do. I’ve had five separate warlords offer hundreds of Tav for my head, because they didn’t believe me when I told them their gods were all false. I had already spoken to three separate deities on the matter, all of which agreed with me!”

Rylan shook his head and laughed lightly, then muttered;

“Hah! Vaandor.”

Edited by Onimur