How Old is Rock?

Ashbringer

“Very well,” Cord said. “I challenge you! You must duel me now to the death!”
 “I think you’ll find I cannot be defeated by a mortal,” Nikli said. “You don’t know what you’re asking.”
 “Is that a yes?” Cord bellowed.
 “If you insist.”
 “Ha!” she said. “You have been tricked, god! I am Hualinam’lunanaki’akilu, the daughter of Numuhukumakiaki’aialunamor, the Fal’ala’liki’nor, he who drew the Bow of Hours at the dawn of the new millennium, heralding the years of change! If you were to kill me, you would be violating the ancient pact of the Seven Peaks, and so must now forfeit the battle!”

So, this piece of info is more a comic moment than anything, but we've learned a lot about Horneater culture in this book, particularly that Rock "drew the Bow of Hours". I don't think this was referring to his slaying of Amaram, because it seems to be a piece of Horneater... lore, almost.

But there's another piece that's interesting: Rock evidently drew the Bow of Hours "at the dawn of the new millennium". That would be Rosharian year 1000.

... as of Dawnshard, it's about Rosharian year 1175. And I think a Rosharian year is longer than an Earth year.

So... has Rock been alive for over 175 years? What's going on here?

12 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

So, this piece of info is more a comic moment than anything, but we've learned a lot about Horneater culture in this book, particularly that Rock "drew the Bow of Hours". I don't think this was referring to his slaying of Amaram, because it seems to be a piece of Horneater... lore, almost.

But there's another piece that's interesting: Rock evidently drew the Bow of Hours "at the dawn of the new millennium". That would be Rosharian year 1000.

... as of Dawnshard, it's about Rosharian year 1175. And I think a Rosharian year is longer than an Earth year.

So... has Rock been alive for over 175 years? What's going on here?

A couple of words that stand out to me here:

- "dawn"

- "years of change"

This cant be a coincidence.

• 4 weeks later...

I am inclined to believe this is significant in some manner, much as rock being able to shoot the shard bow. When I read this I immediately bookmarked it for further review. I wish we could get a verification on the year by the horneater calendar.