Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

So, can you clarify why you're voting mist? because you want to appear as the HI? or because you think she might be the HI?

Wow i should have noticed this. No, i think mist might be HI. Also, I think condensation isn’t elim, mostly because she’s asking questions that could be asked in the elim doc. Also, I realize I don’t have any way to clear myself, so I’m going to do something I might not want to do. I am a loyal regular. What a boring role.

Edit: Condensation just posted, so here:

If you have a role that might make you target to the Elias, such as hemalurgist, don’t claim it. I claimed because my role doesn’t really mean anything.

Edited by eltruT

Just now, eltruT said:

Wow i should have noticed this. No, i think mist might be HI. Also, I think condensation isn’t elim, mostly because she’s asking questions that could be asked in the elim doc. Also, I realize I don’t have any way to clear myself, so I’m going to do something I might not want to do. I am a loyal regular. What a boring role.

Okay, good to know. So, keep asking the questions? :P

Just now, eltruT said:

Also, I think condensation isn’t elim, mostly because she’s asking questions that could be asked in the elim doc. Also, I realize I don’t have any way to clear myself, so I’m going to do something I might not want to do. I am a loyal regular. What a boring role.

Interesting roleclaim. @everyone don't roleclaim. it's...barely Day 1. 

I think that Connie being an Elim is a possibility, based on the tone, but right now it's seeming more like normal behavior from her from what I've seen elsewhere on the Shard.

I am getting strange vibes from Mist, that's something.

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Interesting roleclaim. @everyone don't roleclaim. it's...barely Day 1. 

I think that Connie being an Elim is a possibility, based on the tone, but right now it's seeming more like normal behavior from her from what I've seen elsewhere on the Shard.

I am getting strange vibes from Mist, that's something.

I promise, I'm not an Elim.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Okay, good to know. So, keep asking the questions? :P

Yep! its getting late where i live, so I might lesve, i might take my iPad into my room and hope its hard to see the light of my iPad from under the covers. I’m also getting vibes from mist, but I’m really not sure what to do. It’s only my second game and I’ve never been village before. Can the HI be a hemalurgist? How would that work?

Just now, eltruT said:

Yep! its getting late where i live, so I might leave, i might take my iPad into my room and hope its hard to see the light of my iPad from under the covers. I’m also getting vibes from mist, but I’m really not sure what to do. It’s only my second game and I’ve never been village before. Can the HI be a hemalurgist? How would that work?

Do you mean would they be in the doc? as far as I am aware, the HI is in the Hemalurgist Doc. The HI is like, supposed to try and figure out who the Hemalurgists are

Yo, fun Tactic: all Hemalurgists should use extremely formal speech. just- extremely formal. so no one can figure out who you are. completely foolproof plan :P.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Do you mean would they be in the doc? as far as I am aware, the HI is in the Hemalurgist Doc. The HI is like, supposed to try and figure out who the Hemalurgists are

Yo, fun Tactic: all Hemalurgists should use extremely formal speech. just- extremely formal. so no one can figure out who you are. completely foolproof plan :P.

No no, that would be awesome! 

And to condensations question, they would, like, look at speech patterns? Idk. Anyways i have to go.

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

How does that work? Also, I love your signature. Just by the way.

The Elims want to HI to die so that they have almost a guaranteed win: to do that they need to figure out who it is, because they won't be able to know for certain until all Hemalurgists are dead.

All the Hemalurgists then have access to a google doc that the HI is in. the HI is trying to figure out who all these people are so that they can get them killed, because the HI can't die untill all the Hemalurgists are dead. 

right?

EDIT: oh, different question

Yeah they'd be looking at speech patterns. Personally I'd probably find it easy to find Experience or maybe Gears. From what I've heard of Whysper, she and Mist sound a lot alike... idk. things like that.

Edited by Illwei

32 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That... doesn't make sense.

What doesn't?

There are people in an anonymous google doc, and they want to figure out who each other are, right? or...wait...yeah. Okay I think that people want to find out who each other are, and that means that they shouldn't try and change the way they talk. but...okay...If I was in the doc, I wouldn't want people to figure out who was, but I would want to figure out who they are. now I'm just confused. Ignore everything and anything I said before this sentence.

Is that what didn't make sense? my suggestion? or was it that people can figure out who others are by their speech? because I don't know about you guys, but I hear very distinct voices from different people's posts. I mean, maybe I would get it wrong in an anonymous setting, but idk.

30 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Do we RP in this SE? The one I was in before I know we did but I also know that that one was special.

Yeah, you can if you want. Gears already has. A lot of people do, a lot don't. Ash will probably RP something at some point. idk who else. 

21 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Hello! I see a bunch of messages to go through. But just posting this first message to say that I'm excited to join this as my first game on the site. :)

ah.

hahah
ha ha
heh...

hello

Wind looked around for his friends, he had looked for them for quite a while now, where are they? This meeting with everyone in the same spot should make it easier, "Viola! It's me Wind! where are you?".

1 hour ago, Illwei said:
1 hour ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

Also, what is a poke vote?

These votes in the beginning. Voting someone to get them more active, or to see how they react. Unlike voting because you think that they're actually an Elim.

Ahhh, I figured that's what poke votes were. We call this RVS (Random Vote Stage) at FoL. Haha, Illwei, now I have to pick up on your terms here. I'll try to remember to use elim instead of scum or wolf. :)

50 minutes ago, eltruT said:

Also, I think condensation isn’t elim, mostly because she’s asking questions that could be asked in the elim doc.

Oh, I'd be careful about putting much stock into that because this is an easy villager slip to fake, especially at the start. :)

43 minutes ago, Illwei said:

From what I've heard of Whysper, she and Mist sound a lot alike... idk. things like that.

Ahh interesting, I'll need to take a closer look at Mist's posts and see if I feel the same. :)

9 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Oh, I'd be careful about putting much stock into that because this is an easy villager slip to fake, especially at the start.

Yeah, that was my opinion. Connie is new though, so....hmmm...actually-

Turtle, when you get back on think over that again, and what you did last game. You clearing Connie seems more e/e coming from you, as last game you asked a question and got cleared. then again, who knows.
You (turtle) coming out and immediately trying to find the HI comes off village. (it ends up being IKYK I guess, and I overthink everything so-) but a possibility is you target Mist under the guise of you trying to find the HI, and that gives you instant village points. who knows. probably not. You do seem kinda different this game, bit it's been too long for me to tell without reading back through that one.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of poke votes. or at least, clarifying or making it obvious that they're poke votes. it basically defeats the purpose IMO, because the person basically knows that the vote is going to disappear if they wait long enough.

Edited by Illwei
Look Ash, I actually clicked cancel instead of save this time! ...Wait-

Lafay and Ola looked around the ship. The space-fairing vessel was filled with a crew of many inexperienced world-hoppers, and very little things made any sense as it currently stood. The one thing that they both knew though, was that the ships Hemalurgist better keep the Intelligence under control. If they didn’t he’d be very, very disappointed, mainly because they held meetings together, so how could they fail in their task?

”Well Ola, I think we should just relax and pray to any Shards that are listening that we make it to Silverlight safely,” Lafay sighed, sitting down in the vessels mess hall, Soothing the anxiety of any of the new crew members that passed him. “I mean, we aren’t technically supposed to be on this ship.” They’d managed to sneak on board at First of the Sun’s port. They hadn’t had time to actually officially register themselves on the ship, they’d been too busy being chased by angry trappers. Most likely because he’d tried to steal their Aviar, and apparently Soothing wasn’t too helpful against angry islanders.

”How can you say that Lafay?” Ola responded, shocked. “We are on a ship that’s the first of it’s kind! Sure, the Intelligence was made with Hemalurgy, which you don’t exactly approve of, but it’s basically like an artificial spren!” 

Ola’s excitement worried him, after he’d sworn the Fifth Ideal, she’d returned somewhat to her normal self. More and more interested in the worlds they visited. It wasn’t a bad thing, but the amount of times he’d had to leave a planet for a few years because she’d revealed herself to a non-Cosmere aware person were too many to count on any of his fingers or toes. Now he worried that’d she would go try to strike up a conversation with the Hemalurgic Intelligence.

”Okay, calm down,” Lafay started, wishing he could Soothe this storming spren of his. “I need you to promise me something, Ola. Don’t go try to talk to the Intelligence, for all we know, it might try to add you to it’s collection of minds. And I’d rather not find out what that would mean for me!”

”Fine, fine,” she reluctantly agreed.

———————————————————————————————————————

Alright, this game has started off... interesting. @Devotary of Spontaneity I see you browsing, what are your thoughts? Devotary

Anyways, poke vote out of the way... welcome new players!! I hope you have fun getting betrayed and viciously murdered playing the game! 

Also, considering I’m currently doing a Cosmere re-read in anticipation for Rhythm of War and I’m in school right now, I might be less active during this game. So my apologies, I still try to check the thread once or twice every turn, though!

EDIT; ninja’d by Illwei :ph34r:

Edited by Ventyl
grammar

18 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Wind looked around for his friends, he had looked for them for quite a while now, where are they? This meeting with everyone in the same spot should make it easier, "Viola! It's me Wind! where are you?".

"I don't know where your friend is, but I'm happy to help you look. What's your name? Oh wait, I'm silly. It's Wind, as you said. Her name is Viola, it sounds like? Do you think this ship has intercoms over which we could call her?" Tria Noche says, looking at Wind.

Day 50

Still no indication as to who killed the captain. I have almost completed their death portrait in my spare time, every detail but for the killer. Medical confirmed that their throat had been cut by a small bladed instrument, not that that was hard to determine. Right now, A Mutiny in Scarlet just shows the captain sitting in their chair with a blank space behind them, eternally seconds away from destruction. I brought the captain back as a Lifeless, draining a single-breathed Awakened object for the occasion, but it seems the captain either didn't know or didn't recognise the culprit. At least they maintained enough of their skills to keep us on course for Silverlight with the help of the first mate, to whom I gave the secondary code, though landing will be interesting. I've given the captain standing orders to keep the ship intact, though if the first mate was responsible for the captain's murder that will probably be insufficient. Not even my lovely assistant Catholan will be able to save me if the ship is destroyed. We haven't all died yet, so I remain hopeful.

- Orchid Heptan

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Where does it say that the HI is in the Hemalurgist doc? I don't think they would be unless the HI also had the hemalurgist role. The presence of traitors in the hemalurgist doc would be enough to warrant being anonymous.

Just now, Mist said:

"I don't know where your friend is, but I'm happy to help you look. What's your name? Oh wait, I'm silly. It's Wind, as you said. Her name is Viola, it sounds like? Do you think this ship has intercoms over which we could call her?" Tria Noche says, looking at Wind.

"I don't know, how do I can trust you?"

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Where does it say that the HI is in the Hemalurgist doc? I don't think they would be unless the HI also had the hemalurgist role. The presence of traitors in the hemalurgist doc would be enough to warrant being anonymous.

I could have sworn I saw something....
@Straw is the HI considered a Hemalurgist?

EDIT:

Nevermind, just read up on the rule changes/clarifications Doc. 
I blame the fact that the HI has "Hemalurgist" in it's name.

Edited by Illwei
It happens to the Worst of us