So an artist on Reddit was doing Cosmere A-Z and asked Brandon if there was any character whose name started with 'x'.

Hmm.  Xisis.  He'll show up eventually.

Not human, from Yolen, currently hanging out on a planet quite near to where you can find a lot of the Aethers.

Source

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201007_181438.png.abed307af72d8efff2366b33caa65663.png

Edited by Honorless

1 hour ago, Honorless said:
Spoiler

So an artist on Reddit was doing Cosmere A-Z and asked Brandon if there was any character whose name started with 'x'.

Source

Hide contents

Screenshot_20201007_181438.png.abed307af72d8efff2366b33caa65663.png

Interesting...

Since he's not human, that probably means he's Sho Del. 

Besides that I don't really know what to make of this.

3 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Interesting...

Since he's not human, that probably means he's Sho Del. 

Besides that I don't really know what to make of this.

I was thinking he could be a dragon! I'm just assuming off of the sound of the name

Chaos

Is Uli Da a Sho Del?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah.

Chaos

Can we post that?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah you can go ahead and post that. That's fine.

Chaos

I figured that from the...

Brandon Sanderson

Right, the naming convention makes it really obvious. 

Chaos

But that's not posted on the Dragonsteel sample so...

Brandon Sanderson

Right. But that's canon. It's pretty obvious to me... And so it's fine with me canonizing it. I mean, I've been coy with it for years. But when I say there are Shards that aren't human. There are three races on Yolen... Adding the math together is going to get you a pretty obvious answer.

Salt Lake City signing (Dec. 16, 2017)

the phrase “currently hanging out on a planet quite near to where you can find a lot of the Aethers.” Is very confusing.

Is Brandon saying “he’s on the Aether planet, but i didnt want to name it yet, so ill say “on a planet” and near the Aether’s”

or is he saying “Xisis is on planet “a”. And planet “a” is in close proximity to planet “b”(Aethers planet)”

Edited by Eternal Khol

41 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

the phrase “currently hanging out on a planet quite near to where you can find a lot of the Aethers.” Is very confusing.

Is Brandon saying “he’s on the Aether planet, but i didnt want to name it yet, so ill say “on a planet” and near the Aether’s”

or is he saying “Xisis is on planet “a”. And planet “a” is in close proximity to planet “b”(Aethers planet)”

Since there's no comma after "planet", grammatically speaking, the second option is more likely to be correct, but Brandon is probably trying to obfuscate things here so either of them could be the correct answer.

1 hour ago, Eternal Khol said:

Im guessing it's in the same physical Solar System of the Aether planet, just isnt the primary Shardworld.  Since Aethers are the last "major" magic system, Im assuming it's from a major Shardworld, meaning a resident Shard. Best guess is that it's something nearby and relevant, like Ashyn & Braize in the Rosharan System, or the various named worlds in the Drominid, Threnodite, or (less likely) the Taldain system.