The Fellowship: Seasonal! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

38 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Daolan had spent ages trying to come up with a plan to impress Herate on Valentine's day, but he'd decided to try a different tactic. Asking everyone he knew. He ran up to Fadran. "Fadran - help."

@Channelknight Fadran @Vapor

"Daolan the Great rides to Fadran seeking my council," Fadran said, setting down his copy of the Fellowship of the Ring. "For that is why you have come?"

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Give me a description for all three events."

"Oh - those three. So the first one was more of an impulse, I just turned to her and asked her. The second one was the best. I prepared and asked her in a pretty romantic setting, a grove of birch trees we liked to visit. And then the third one... was just before she left on the mission. The one where she disappeared. She didn't actually say no to that one, just smiled and left."

Just now, Condensation said:

"Oh - those three. So the first one was more of an impulse, I just turned to her and asked her. The second one was the best. I prepared and asked her in a pretty romantic setting, a grove of birch trees we liked to visit. And then the third one... was just before she left on the mission. The one where she disappeared. She didn't actually say no to that one, just smiled and left."

"Hm. So..." Fadran scratched his chin. "What you need... is some context."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Not sure. That's just the word that popped into my head."

"Uh, okay. So like... a more romantic setting? Or maybe more reasoning for marrying her?"

Y'all, Daolan's gonna Mr. Collins' it. XD

Not really. I'd never subject any of my characters to that.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Daolan sighed. "All right. I'll just go ask someone else. Thanks, though."

"'And Arwen said: 'Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices; for you, Estel, shall be among the great whose valour will destroy it. ' 'But Aragorn answered: 'Alas! I cannot foresee it, and how it may come to pass is hidden from me.'"

Ember sat in his room, watching the fireplace, occasionally manipulating the flames. He knew Valentine's Day was coming up. He startled out of his thoughts when he heard a knock at his door. "Yes? Come in." He stood up, getting out of his seat, and approached the door, while wondering who it was and why they were looking for him. T would just come through their connected door.

Just now, Mist said:

When he realized Daolan was at the door, Ember was intrigued, until he heard the question. "Of course I wouldn't mind. With what?" As he asked, he realised how little he knew Daolan and felt bad about that. 

"I don't know what to do for Valentine's Day. Fadran proposed proposing again, but I don't know how to do it."