Crystellation

Condensation

On 1/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, The Ward's Guard said:

"Plotting, me?" Kuno looked over-dramatically offended at this accusation, "I would never dare. I simply enjoy conversation." He smiled, "although if you did feel inclined, I wouldn't be against it. I must say that the weather is quite nice here, isn't it?"

@Blessing of Potency

“Uh… sure. The weather is nice.” wetter than I’m used to, but probably nice for people who live here. She glances over at Kuno, trying to gauge what he's trying to get out of her.

46 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“Uh… sure. The weather is nice.” wetter than I’m used to, but probably nice for people who live here. She glances over at Kuno, trying to gauge what he's trying to get out of her.

Kuno's face was covered with a pleasant smile, "indeed, it reminds me of a place that I once called home. It was truly a lovely place. Now, I'm sure that you'd love for me to continue to call you my friend, but surely there's some sort of name that I can use to reference you."

8 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Kuno's face was covered with a pleasant smile, "indeed, it reminds me of a place that I once called home. It was truly a lovely place. Now, I'm sure that you'd love for me to continue to call you my friend, but surely there's some sort of name that I can use to reference you."

"Does... Jane work?" Mira says, "Not my actual name, but if saying 'my friend' is too much for you you can use that."

4 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

"Does... Jane work?" Mira says, "Not my actual name, but if saying 'my friend' is too much for you you can use that."

Kuno chuckled to himself, "oh no, it's not that my friend, I just enjoy names and all that they stand for. You see, I view it as the worst insult to not have a name, and so I didn't want to insult you by not using a name. Which in truth, I've come to wonder why beyond 'humanity,' our people don't have a name. Even the amal have a name for their people, 'The Dire Recompense,' or 'The Looming Reclamation," or whatever."

11 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“Names are weird. You’re basically asking someone what noise you should make to get their attention.” Mira says, “Those names thought, those are... ominous.”

"Yes, quite strange, ain't they? You identify yourself by what noises grabs your attention, and yet each noise has a history and meaning behind it whenever it's spoken." Kuno paused and turned his head to look at Mira, "just as those sounds translated into not just thoughts, but a specific feeling for you. In this case, that feeling was ominous, and rightly so."

5 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Yes, quite strange, ain't they? You identify yourself by what noises grabs your attention, and yet each noise has a history and meaning behind it whenever it's spoken." Kuno paused and turned his head to look at Mira, "just as those sounds translated into not just thoughts, but a specific feeling for you. In this case, that feeling was ominous, and rightly so."

That is some AMAZING dialogue. Holy crap.

“So... why did they... decide to name themselves that. Because I think you know the answer and just want me to ask.”

5 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“So... why did they... decide to name themselves that. Because I think you know the answer and just want me to ask.”

Kuno smiled, this time looking pleased. "They chose those names, and many other names like them, to create that ominous sense. After all, if you intend to wipe out all of humanity, then it is much easier if they're too scared to do anything about it, wouldn't you agree?"

Ah, I feel my already overinflated ego growing even more.

Thanks for the compliment, it means quite a bit to me.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

16 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Kuno smiled, this time looking pleased. "They chose those names, and many other names like them, to create that ominous sense. After all, if you intend to wipe out all of humanity, then it is much easier if they're too scared to do anything about it, wouldn't you agree?"

"Fear is a... powerful emotion." Mira replies. Thats definitely true for me at least.

17 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

"Fear is a... powerful emotion." Mira replies. Thats definitely true for me at least.

"Indeed it is, although it is influenced by many factors. For instance, when one is alone, one will normally feel incredible amounts of fear that they wouldn't experience if they were in a group. I've found that when the one unites their strength with others, they're confidence receives the greatest boost. When I say it that way, it sounds simple, doesn't it? Alone and afraid, or united and fearless."

19 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Indeed it is, although it is influenced by many factors. For instance, when one is alone, one will normally feel incredible amounts of fear that they wouldn't experience if they were in a group. I've found that when the one unites their strength with others, they're confidence receives the greatest boost. When I say it that way, it sounds simple, doesn't it? Alone and afraid, or united and fearless."

"Sure. But humans don't like working together unless they absoultely have to. So if this is an actual threat I don't think everyones going to... band together until it's too late." I guess thats one more thing I need to run from...

32 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

"Sure. But humans don't like working together unless they absoultely have to. So if this is an actual threat I don't think everyones going to... band together until it's too late." I guess thats one more thing I need to run from...

Kuno nodded, "you're right of course; humans won't 'band together' unless something compels them, even when all of humanity is at risk. So if someone wanted to save all of humanity, they would have to compel them all to unite, wouldn't they? For once humanity is united, we can withstand anything."

On 2/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, The Ward's Guard said:

Kuno nodded, "you're right of course; humans won't 'band together' unless something compels them, even when all of humanity is at risk. So if someone wanted to save all of humanity, they would have to compel them all to unite, wouldn't they? For once humanity is united, we can withstand anything."

“Honestly? I think you put too much stock into humanity. So many different people, ideals, personalities. I don’t think we’d unite against anything. And even if we did I don’t think it would help against the threat your describing.”

18 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“Honestly? I think you put too much stock into humanity. So many different people, ideals, personalities. I don’t think we’d unite against anything. And even if we did I don’t think it would help against the threat your describing.”

Kuno raised an eyebrow at first, but then nodded solemnly. "Well, you are indeed a fascinating person Ms 'Jane.' You are right of course; this world is filled with so many people, and so many of them don't want to work together, however, if there is to be any chance of humanity withstanding the coming storm, we must make sacrifices. Throughout all of my years, I've been constantly surprised with the resilience of humanity when faced with terrible consequences. You say that it would be a difficult, no, an impossible battle to unite humanity together and face this threat; I say that when faced with extinction, is there truly a choice? Not just your extinction mind you, but of all of those around you, men, women, children, all of them have been slated for death, is that something that you will sit down and allow, or if given the choice, would you stand against them? I've already made my choice, but I want to hear what yours would be, if you were confronted with it this very moment."

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We will let them live if..." the spokesman said, pausing for suspense, "you let us kill you instead."

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"So either you guys run or we do. I vote us, we're faster. Val?"

@Vapor @The Ward's Guard

Val nodded. "Much faster."

5 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"We could just kill them." Pior looked to everyone else, gaging their reactions.

Val shook her head.