The Linear Thread

Condensation

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Power," replied the figure simply.

"Ancestor would be more accurate, I suppose," said the woman. "But you can call me Grandmother."

The woman crossed her arms. "I am here to prepare you," she replied. "Your destiny is nigh at hand."

Well, they already have a guide in the form of the amulet.

However, a revenant would be attacking you now regardless. By entering Ellis's dream, you revealed your location.

ok I can make some consequences now. also for the guide thing what if there were TWO guides like say help them use the amulet? what if Ronin had the amulet before and can guide Elis in using it.

"We probably should leave as whatever entity was in that dream now knows my location, we should leave as fast as we can." said Ronin, holding Toran still.

Toran nodded, "if you want to you can hold me in your pocket." 

"sure." Ronin dropped him in and started packing up. 

suddenly he heard a loud screeching. He jerked up, drawing a large sword. the sword was alive with fire. A revenant stood where Toran had once been a tree. 

"Time to dance moldy." said Ronin smiling.

Ronin charged at the large skeletal figure. the revenant stood its ground, a large black steel sword at the ready. 

Ronin exchanged several blows with the revenant. Finally Ronin threw a knife that had been in his belt at the revenant's head whilst he slammed his sword into its chest. 

Finally the revenant collapsed into several bones. Ronin smiled and sheathed his flaming sword this had been quick, of course he had done this several times but it still payed to have won a fight. After burying the bones Ronin began on his journey towards where Toran said "was the direction the chosen one is."

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ok I can make some consequences now. also for the guide thing what if there were TWO guides like say help them use the amulet? what if Ronin had the amulet before and can guide Elis in using it.

"We probably should leave as whatever entity was in that dream now knows my location, we should leave as fast as we can." said Ronin, holding Toran still.

Toran nodded, "if you want to you can hold me in your pocket." 

"sure." Ronin dropped him in and started packing up. 

suddenly he heard a loud screeching. He jerked up, drawing a large sword. the sword was alive with fire. A revenant stood where Toran had once been a tree. 

"Time to dance moldy." said Ronin smiling.

The revenant froze in the light of the blade's fire.

It would be more accurate to say that the amulet is using Ellis than the converse. :P

I like the way you think :P but the amulet has a  very rich history. It might not be the best idea to insert a wielder without a greater understanding of how they will fit into the plot.

7 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"What power? More importantly: Why?"

"You are a bringer of death. An Angel, even." The stranger's eyes gleamed. "But your control is not complete... is it, Yulong?"

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I squeezed my hands into fists. "No. No, I am... not. I'm not."

The woman raised her eyebrows. "You are not ready? But of course. Did I not say I was here to remedy that?"

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The revenant froze in the light of the blade's fire.

It would be more accurate to say that the amulet is using Ellis than the converse. :P

I like the way you think :P but the amulet has a  very rich history. It might not be the best idea to insert a wielder without a greater understanding of how they will fit into the plot.

"You are a bringer of death. An Angel, even." The stranger's eyes gleamed. "But your control is not complete... is it, Yulong?"

The woman raised her eyebrows. "You are not ready? But of course. Did I not say I was here to remedy that?"

sorry.... guess we have been making stuff at the same time? what if Ronin just had been on several quests before and had encountered the amulet once. also what if the guide is more of an excuse that Toran uses to send Ronin near the chosen one, what if Toran is secretly evil.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Q growled deeply, her eyes mixing in pitch black. "Don't touch her," the distorted voice snarled.

22 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

sorry.... guess we have been making stuff at the same time? what if Ronin just had been on several quests before and had encountered the amulet once. also what if the guide is more of an excuse that Toran uses to send Ronin near the chosen one, what if Toran is secretly evil.

The amulet was held by a magician named Mavilon up until recently. That sounds like a game plan. Care to explain more?

21 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm not ready. I'm not going to be ready. It's not who I am, it's not who I'll be, it's not who I'm meant to be!"

"Yes, it is," said the woman bluntly. "It has been the destiny of your lineage- my lineage - for time immemorial."

9 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Q growled deeply, her eyes mixing in pitch black. "Don't touch her," the distorted voice snarled.

*blink* I'm... not supposed to know who "her" is, am I?

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Then who are you? Because 'ancestor' isn't really specific."

The woman sighed. "Were you not paying attention at all when Cupra told you that horrifically biased history?" she accused. "am the one to whom the throne of this world rightfully belongs."

This history, for reference:

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Uhhh, "her" is referencing Yulong; this Mors/Krow talking through her. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Ah, gotcha.

The visitor's head tilted slightly. "And who might you be?" he asked curiously.

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But you're dead." I didn't sound so sure. "And you're not here."

"Not dead," replied the woman. "But very much here. My descendants will not be without guidance."

9 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I'll ask the same question," they growled.

"Very well. An answer for an answer. My name is Corundum."

Edited by xinoehp512

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Whatever you are, I don't owe you anything." I crossed my arms, hoping I looked somewhat brave. "And I'm not going to do anything for you or your darn kingdom."

The woman's eyes flashed with anger. She extended a long, slender arm and snapped her fingers. Suddenly huge weight crushed Ellis to the ground.

"You are my descendant," she seethed. "My child. You will do as you are told. You will not allow what is rightfully yours to slip through your fingertips. Do you understand?"

5 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Their stance didn't lower. They looked at Corundum straight in the eye, scowling a bit.

"Krow," they said carefully.

"You are not Yulong," said Corundum. "I wish to speak to her."

Edited by xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"My offer extends to you," spoke Corundum. "The power to bring death- and the power to take it away."

She didn't let her expression to reveal anything.

If it's too good to be true, Krow said, then it definitely is too good to be true.

"The catch?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I glared upwards through the agony, seething with a primal anger. "YOU. STOP."

The woman simply folded her arms, meeting Ellis's stare. The pressure increased.

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

She didn't let her expression to reveal anything.

If it's too good to be true, Krow said, then it definitely is too good to be true.

"The catch?"

"You join me," said Corundum, spreading his hands. "Us."