Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"If it would help your family, I... I guess we could try it." Aryanna says nervously. "But you have to prove yourself a little more, and you have to promise we'll all get out of this alive."

“How about me and Jay fight a round down there together, would that be enough proof?”(as a team)

Edited by A Windrunner

15 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"And the Talon doesn't take Dusters prisoner unless they have something they want either. It's a good idea, but it's too risky and may I point out, puts everyone except the supposed Talon deserter directly in harm's way."

"Well, folks, sorry about the delay, we had some technical difficulties up in the recording booth, but now we are live from Halcyon Stadium! We just finished a searing match from Faraway and Dawn to start off and send Rapier into the second round! Our next duel will be between Team Edgewalker of Katana and Team Renegade of Falchion!"

"The next round is starting!" Janice grabs a bag of cotton candy, then uses all her willpower to put it back down.

10 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"If it would help your family, I... I guess we could try it." Aryanna says nervously. "But you have to prove yourself a little more, and you have to promise we'll all get out of this alive."

5 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

“How about me and Jay fight a round down there together, would that be enough proof?”(as a team)

"You can do that?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The next round is starting!" Janice grabs a bag of cotton candy, then uses all her willpower to put it back down.

"You can do that?"

“I don’t know, it’s my first time being here too, but me and Jay are both pretty powerful dusters so I assume we could get it arranged.”

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You can do that?"

"I mean, I guess we could register for a match. I... there's no reason why we couldn't."

"Edgewalker starts off the match with a bang! Escunse Kumiega uses his light-speed aspect to zip behind Renegade before they even knew what was happening, while Carbune Vulcane chooses to support his teammate with more ranged attacks, using the powerful sniper rifle attachment to his halberd. Renegade isn't out of it yet, though. Reina Nakagawa is a force to be reckoned with, since she can absorb the light Kumiega uses for his aspect, and we have yet to see anyone take down Diocanel Derivan without some serious damage. Kumiega is narrowly avoiding his warhammer, and it looks like Nakagawa is gunning for Vulcane now, as she tosses a flashbang grenade to blind him."

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I mean, I guess we could register for a match. I... there's no reason why we couldn't."

"Edgewalker starts off the match with a bang! Escunse Kumiega uses his light-speed aspect to zip behind Renegade before they even knew what was happening, while Carbune Vulcane chooses to support his teammate with more ranged attacks, using the powerful sniper rifle attachment to his halberd. Renegade isn't out of it yet, though. Reina Nakagawa is a force to be reckoned with, since she can absorb the light Kumiega uses for his aspect, and we have yet to see anyone take down Diocanel Derivan without some serious damage. Kumiega is narrowly avoiding his warhammer, and it looks like Nakagawa is gunning for Vulcane now, as she tosses a flashbang grenade to blind him."

“Great! Let’s sign up for the next match!”

8 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

5 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

“Great! Let’s sign up for the next match!”

"Whoohoo! Do I get front-row seats? Are front-row seats dangerous?"

Just now, Negative_Null said:

"Not since the 42nd Festival when 12 people got injured from a mistossed grenade. Ok, Lloyd, what's our team name? I'll go sign us up."

“Joy, it’s a combination of Jay and Lloyd and it also gives people the wrong impression.”

Vulcane and Nakagawa are dueling, staff to halberd. He's got power, and with his aspect he's creating small earthquakes to keep her off balance. But Nakagawa is blindingly fast, literally, since she fires beams of light at him in between attacks. I think she's got this one in the bag, folks.

On the other side of the arena, though, Kumiega might be the first one to take down Derivan. With his Aspect he's just too quick for Derivan to hit, and unlike other competitors, he's also got the power to back it up. Oh, here he goes! With a swing of his rifle he fires down to launch himself into the air as Derivan takes an ill-timed swing downward. He's going to come back down on Derivan's back and oh! There it is, his strike was perfectly placed to pierce Derivan's Veil and he's waved off the field. It's down to Nakagawa and Kumiega now!

Jay leaves the room, unaware he's apparently being shipped. He couldn't think of a better name anyway.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I wasn't aware that you did homo ships. No judgement; just surprise.

I do all ships!

I mostly only do homo ships when I have a really good opportunity to. And that was a really good opportunity. Windrunner literally handed me the ship name on a silver platter. It was mostly a joke, but I definitely wouldn't complain if it happened. :D

9 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vulcane and Nakagawa are dueling, staff to halberd. He's got power, and with his aspect he's creating small earthquakes to keep her off balance. But Nakagawa is blindingly fast, literally, since she fires beams of light at him in between attacks. I think she's got this one in the bag, folks.

On the other side of the arena, though, Kumiega might be the first one to take down Derivan. With his Aspect he's just too quick for Derivan to hit, and unlike other competitors, he's also got the power to back it up. Oh, here he goes! With a swing of his rifle he fires down to launch himself into the air as Derivan takes an ill-timed swing downward. He's going to come back down on Derivan's back and oh! There it is, his strike was perfectly placed to pierce Derivan's Veil and he's waved off the field. It's down to Nakagawa and Kumiega now!

Jay leaves the room, unaware he's apparently being shipped. He couldn't think of a better name anyway.

"I'll be rooting for you!"

We're going to skip all the boring registration, there's some forms and blah blah blah don't care

Nakagawa and Kumiega are going at it. While Kumiega would normally be faster than Nakagawa, she's able to absorb the light he would use to lightspeed around, which means he has a severe handicap in this matchup! It's going to come down to whether he has enough skill to overcome her before she can land a hit. Kumiega is swapping to his twin daggers now, better in this close range contest. Nakagawa is hardly giving him a chance to make a mistake though. If she can land enough hits with her staff, it's over!

They've been dueling back and forth for almost 30 seconds now, and it looks like Kumiega is going to try something. Is it... oh yes it is, he vaults over Nakagawa's head using a similar move to the one he used to take down Derivan, but he might have a harder time with this one. It looks like Nakagawa instinctively shot a bolt of light at him, which he could use to superspeed away. As he comes out of his lightspeed, he's going to try and get a shot off, but the time it takes for him to drop the daggers and pull out his rifle is long enough for Nakagawa to block his shot and one, two, three hits and he's down! Victory goes to Renegade!

Up next is a special round, with outsider Team Joy versus Team Tempo from Cutlass. Because Joy is comprised of two professional Dusters, this will count as a by for Team Tempo in the tournament, but will still be quite a show for all of you!

Okay, here she is.

Cadenza, a young Duster prodigy from Myria, her family and all 5 academies told her that she can't go to the academies because she's too young, so she trained herself from books and practiced on bushes. She's on a mission to get rid of as many Yevon as possible and prove herself so that all of the academies want her, and then she'll go to none of them.

Her power is to manipulate water(including water in the air), and she turns it into ice. Think hardcore Elsa. She can also resist cold because she's been practicing(not natural), so she can freeze ice around various body parts for last-minute weapons.

She wears leggings that are light ice blue with snowflake patterns in icy white. Her shirt is long-sleeved, it's the same white, and it's a little longer than average. The lower part is stiff and flares slightly to look somewhat like a skirt. She has a half cape attached to her shoulders, it's the same as the leggings except it's translucent. She wears icy white ankle boots with kitten heels with a single snowflake in the light ice blue on the toe.

She has dark chocolate-colored skin, with glossy black hair that starts tapering at her shoulder blades and ends slightly past her waist. It's always gorgeous no matter what she does with it. She has an exotic beauty that comes from combined ancestry from all 5 Nations. Her eyes are large, long-lashed, and bright green. Her nose is petite, her ears are pierced(she wears icy white snowflake earrings), and her lips are soft, pinkish brown, and large.

I think that's everything. Will someone summon me when I can insert myself?

10 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Nakagawa and Kumiega are going at it. While Kumiega would normally be faster than Nakagawa, she's able to absorb the light he would use to lightspeed around, which means he has a severe handicap in this matchup! It's going to come down to whether he has enough skill to overcome her before she can land a hit. Kumiega is swapping to his twin daggers now, better in this close range contest. Nakagawa is hardly giving him a chance to make a mistake though. If she can land enough hits with her staff, it's over!

They've been dueling back and forth for almost 30 seconds now, and it looks like Kumiega is going to try something. Is it... oh yes it is, he vaults over Nakagawa's head using a similar move to the one he used to take down Derivan, but he might have a harder time with this one. It looks like Nakagawa instinctively shot a bolt of light at him, which he could use to superspeed away. As he comes out of his lightspeed, he's going to try and get a shot off, but the time it takes for him to drop the daggers and pull out his rifle is long enough for Nakagawa to block his shot and one, two, three hits and he's down! Victory goes to Renegade!

Up next is a special round, with outsider Team Joy versus Team Tempo from Cutlass. Because Joy is comprised of two professional Dusters, this will count as a by for Team Tempo in the tournament, but will still be quite a show for all of you!

“Are we ready?”

@Negative_Null

Edited by A Windrunner

11 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Janice is at the edge of her seat, grinning in anticipation.

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

Okay, here she is.

Cadenza, a young Duster prodigy from Myria, her family and all 5 academies told her that she can't go to the academies because she's too young, so she trained herself from books and practiced on bushes. She's on a mission to get rid of as many Yevon as possible and prove herself so that all of the academies want her, and then she'll go to none of them.

Her power is to manipulate water(including water in the air), and she turns it into ice. Think hardcore Elsa. She can also resist cold because she's been practicing(not natural), so she can freeze ice around various body parts for last-minute weapons.

She wears leggings that are light ice blue with snowflake patterns in icy white. Her shirt is long-sleeved, it's the same white, and it's a little longer than average. The lower part is stiff and flares slightly to look somewhat like a skirt. She has a half cape attached to her shoulders, it's the same as the leggings except it's translucent. She wears icy white ankle boots with kitten heels with a single snowflake in the light ice blue on the toe.

She has dark chocolate-colored skin, with glossy black hair that starts tapering at her shoulder blades and ends slightly past her waist. It's always gorgeous no matter what she does with it. She has an exotic beauty that comes from combined ancestry from all 5 Nations. Her eyes are large, long-lashed, and bright green. Her nose is petite, her ears are pierced(she wears icy white snowflake earrings), and her lips are soft, pinkish brown, and large.

I think that's everything. Will someone summon me when I can insert myself?

I already like this character. I wonder how she and Janice would get along... either they would hate each other because Cadenza's a Yevon hunter, or they would be best friends because they're both young.