The Novella Title is... Dawnshard!

Chaos

I guess that sort of confirms what we have been theorizing for quite some time. Thinking of it as some kind of extended sequel to the Kaza interlude makes me pretty excited!

That said, the title does sound a bit flat to me, especially when compared to the other Stormlight titles. It's cool for what it implies, but I don't think it sounds particularly good.

Just now, Gderu said:

There have been theories for a while now that dawnshard/s are hidden in Aimia. The novella will probably still be about Aimia.

No, no I meant I was just not expecting the storming Dawnshards to be the focus of the novella

Just now, Honorless said:

No, no I meant I was just not expecting the storming Dawnshards to be the focus of the novella

Oh, yeah that's kinda surprising me as well. I wonder how he will do this, since the title seems like a major spoiler to the novella. I'm guessing we'll see the dawnshard early on, but maybe learn more about it in the climax.

Awesome! That's a pretty short wait after RoW, and I couldn't imagine a better subject for the Novella, Rysn, Wandersail, Aimia, and Dawnshards. Hopefully we'll get an appearance by the scourer of Aimia too, Dai-Gonarthis.

I think it's interesting that the Ben McSweeney art on the cover appears to show a small Larkin in a sphere...What does that mean? 

Maybe she'll be riding a Laceryn dragon before the novella is done.

5 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:I think it's interesting that the Ben McSweeney art on the cover appears to show a small Larkin in a sphere...What does that mean? 

I think it's interesting that the Ben McSweeney art on the cover appears to show a small Larkin in a sphere...What does that mean?

Maybe she'll be riding a Laceryn dragon before the novella is done.

USERNAME RELATED HYPE!!! :-D

Interesting that the title is Dawnshard, and not Dawnshards (plural).

Maybe it turns out to be the name or nickname of a person or an object - like, some really pretentious Alethi highprince named his Shardblade Dawnshard the way Dalinar's was Oathbringer. Or that it's the name that Mraize gave to his "chicken".

1 hour ago, robardin said:

Interesting that the title is Dawnshard, and not Dawnshards (plural).

Maybe it turns out to be the name or nickname of a person or an object - like, some really pretentious Alethi highprince named his Shardblade Dawnshard the way Dalinar's was Oathbringer. Or that it's the name that Mraize gave to his "chicken".

....or the book only involves a single Dawnshard and not multiple

Edited by GriffinMaze

4 hours ago, Elegy said:

I guess that sort of confirms what we have been theorizing for quite some time. Thinking of it as some kind of extended sequel to the Kaza interlude makes me pretty excited!

That said, the title does sound a bit flat to me, especially when compared to the other Stormlight titles. It's cool for what it implies, but I don't think it sounds particularly good.

you are truly airsick if the title does not excite you!

My initial impression was that "Dawnshard" will just be the name of Rysn's ship (instead of Wandersail) - - like, the Thaylens named a ship after some legendary thing that they didn't really understand but that seemed cool.

However, even if that's true, it doesn't mean that the ship's name won't prove to be irony or foreshadowing! and that she really will encounter a Dawnshard on Aimia.

So glad I backed the Kickstarter! CanNOT wait!! :D

19 hours ago, Philomath said:

I’m guessing only the ebook will be out before RoW? The easiest way for me to read these days are audiobooks so I’ll probably be waiting... maybe I’ll have to find a preferred way to read ebooks before November. 

Yes, he has said that the ebook (but not the bound/physical book) WILL be out before RoW - - or at least that's the plan. IIRC, they're going to release it in multiple formats to the Kickstarter backers, so you can choose-your-own device to read it.

3 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

Yes, he has said that the ebook (but not the bound/physical book) WILL be out before RoW - - or at least that's the plan. IIRC, they're going to release it in multiple formats to the Kickstarter backers, so you can choose-your-own device to read it.

Will one have to have had to have ... Umm... That seems like way too many auxiliary verbs, let me start over.

Will Dawnshard be available to people who didn't participate in a leatherbound Kickstarter? Those things are out of my price range for what they are, gorgeous though they be.

2 minutes ago, robardin said:

Will Dawnshard be available to people who didn't participate in a leatherbound Kickstarter? Those things are out of my price range for what they are, gorgeous though they be.

There's a way to get the physical copy novella and ebook, here's a qoute from Brandon's kickstarter page.

Anyone who pledges to any tier of the campaign—even if it's only $1 to the "make a pledge without a reward" tier—will have access to the add-on store through BackerKit once the campaign ends. 

From the add on store, you can get the physical copy of the novella and the ebook for $15 (plus shipping).

So the cost would be $16 plus shipping, this is the route I'm going to go with it. The leatherbounds are beautiful but I just don't have that kind of money to spend.