The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

I feel really bad now, but also, that was awesome. Imma use that to give Tvora a reason to not help fight the monsters by messing up their webs.

Tvora's body stops breathing for a moment. Her Chaos panicks, and Tvora's hands claw at her throat.

Pain. For a single, horrifying second, all she feels is pure pain. Tvora recoils.

Coincidentally, Tvora's breath stopped and Tvora felt pain for the exact same time Martin couldn't breathe.

9 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Pain.

Martin's hands tighten around the knives.  "Fadran, I've got a problem!"

9 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

For a single, horrifying second, he can't breathe.  He can't breathe.  

There's a faraway noise, and he realizes he's dropped a knife, clutching at the back of his neck.  

Air rushes back.

He looks at... what's his name?  Should he know it?  You good?  No.  No, he's not.  "Compromised," he rasps.

5 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin grabs the knife he had dropped, forcing himself past the pain it causes.  He needs to get out of this fight before he gets someone hurt.

Fadran threw up an earthen wall between the monsters and Martin, sliding across the grass and grabbing his arm. "Hey!"

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia looked out at the battlefield. "I shouldn't be avoiding that, but..." She held up a hand to grasp her staff; it was shaking.

"It's okay to stay out of the fight once in a while. Especially if you aren't in a condition to fight, and...from the look of you, you probably aren't."

3 minutes ago, DancingQueen said:

"It's okay to stay out of the fight once in a while. Especially if you aren't in a condition to fight, and...from the look of you, you probably aren't."

6 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin slumps a bit, his head pounding.  Without the adrenaline of a fight, the numbness that precedes implant activation is creeping over his limbs.  "I know how this goes," he says.  Why does he sound so conversational?

Ayia chuckled sadly. "No. I'm really not."

Just then, Fadran burst into the room, Martin slung over his shoulder. "Hey, uh--"

"Martin?" Ayia yelped. She rushed over to grab him. "Hon, are you okay???"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia chuckled sadly. "No. I'm really not."

Just then, Fadran burst into the room, Martin slung over his shoulder. "Hey, uh--"

"Martin?" Ayia yelped. She rushed over to grab him. "Hon, are you okay???"

Have I ever been?  He wonders.  Probably shouldn't say that one out loud.  "The implant's glitching.  I don't know what to do, it's activating, and I can't stop it."  Too much panic in his voice.  Got to cut back on that.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The--" Ayia began shaking. "Fad..."

"On it." He immediately left the tent to return to the battle.

Ayia grabbed Martin's shoulder. "You're okay? Tell me you're still okay!"

"I'm not going to die."  Probably.  "It's... complicated."  Reese had her implant activated for three days once.  She was fine.  "Just... I'm gonna take things very literally.  Probably won't talk.  'That's an order, soldier,' should get me to do most things."  His hands are shaking, and he pulls his weapons out and sets them on the ground, before deliberately stepping away from them.  Or crawling.  That's a better description.

None of the Rapier's designated superior officers are present.  Protocol dictates that he observe the situation and determine who the commanding officers are, then make any decisions required.

He will follow the protocol.

So, that's my plan.  Basically from here until I get back, the Rapier will essentially just observe.  You can assume that he sticks close to Ayia, or Fadran, and I won't mind if you remark on it at any point.  Just like 'Martin is standing nearby, with that strange stare' sort of thing.  It'll actually be helpful for me to keep track of where he is, but don't bother if you don't want to do it.  Like Martin said, he'll follow most orders, especially if there's a fight going on.

I might be able to log on with mobile a couple times, but it's highly unlikely and also somewhat expensive with the situation.