The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"We should leave soon. Gather everything you'll need, then return. You too, Fadran."

@Channelknight Fadran

"Everything I'll need is in my backpack, and I should probably be cleaning that out soon." He stood up and stretched. "Now, more importantly, do you need a hug?"

Martin looks away, firmly repressing the memories fighting to come to the forefront of his thoughts.  Reese isn't here, and wishing she was because he's confused and tired and kind of really wants a hug will not help.  "I'll be back in a few minutes," he says, and goes off to find the quartermaster.

Should I just have him come back in a few minutes with supplies?

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Herate closed her eyes, but didn't let it last too long. She pulled away, expression turning grim, and nodded. "Okay, I'm ready."

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin looks away, firmly repressing the memories fighting to come to the forefront of his thoughts.  Reese isn't here, and wishing she was because he's confused and tired and kind of really wants a hug will not help.  "I'll be back in a few minutes," he says, and goes off to find the quartermaster.

I guess we'll just say that you're with us when we leave?"

"Let's go."

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin comes back, a bag slung over his shoulder and wearing a different shirt, the one he was wearing previously tied over his shoulders like a cloak.  The looser sleeves of the new shirt show the bandages wrapped around his arms.  "We ready?"  He asks.

"We are. Nath, are you coming?"

@Nathrangking

38 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We are. Nath, are you coming?"

@Nathrangking

I could if you wish. Though I will be unable to push myself as hard as I did when we were fighting Winter. I'd likely get myself injured again."

I turn to my daughter. "What say you daughter? Shall we go?" As the words fall from my lips I realize that the truth is now known. I have no regrets and stand a bit taller for it.

@Scarletfox

Edited by Nathrangking

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I acknowledge Fox with the slightest movement of my head.  For her I must be cautious.

"Herate, I want you to take care. The first thing that I would have taught this army is to fight with your head. Your enemy may have an advantage, but if you fight smart then you can overcome them." I close my eyes for a moment gathering light into a tight sphere in my right hand. In my left hand I summon a concentrated ingot of heat. I command them to remain as they are until they are so commanded to release in a wave. "I offer you these to this end. A sphere of concentrated light to blind your enemy. I have also gathered an ingot of heat. To you this ingot will be cool. They can be used once against your enemies. Use them wisely." I proffer them to her.

Circestran enters upon a wave of quiet. She takes a position to Fox's right arms crossed.

Fox takes the ingot with a nod and a sly smile. More weapons.

49 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I could if you wish. Though I will be unable to push myself as hard as I did when we were fighting Winter. I'd likely get myself injured again."

I turn to my daughter. "What say you daughter? Shall we go?" As the words fall from my lips I realize that the truth is now known. I have no regrets and stand a bit taller for it.

@Scarletfox

"I..." Fox hesitated, before saying softly but firmly, "Yes. For our... friends." As she said that, she looked to the side at those standing there, before returning her gaze to Nath, "But you mustn't push yourself!"

22 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

"I..." Fox hesitated, before saying softly but firmly, "Yes. For our... friends." As she said that, she looked to the side at those standing there, before returning her gaze to Nath, "But you mustn't push yourself!"

Mustn't? Oh dear, I hadn't realized that Foxrangking father-daughter had become an 1800s Victorian prose!

Anyways... do you have any idea who we need to tag to pull the Fellowship together? I guess I'll just start with the basics...

@Condensation @Mist @Vapor

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

25 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

"I will not. Besides my wisdom will I think be more in demand at this time than my prowess in war." I stand just a bit taller as I speak. My glow becomes a gentle gleam. I turn back to Fadran. "We are agreed."

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Mustn't? Oh dear, I hadn't realized that Foxrangking father-daughter had become an 1800s Victorian prose!

Well Nath has been more formal by design.

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

All right, better find that Nath post a while ago and do something with Jek...

Jek bites his lip, not wanting to say anything at the same time wanting to yell that they didn't rush straight for Vapor this way.

On 10/18/2020 at 2:05 PM, Nathrangking said:

The waters rush onward smashing through the magics attempting to hold them back. They sparkle as they move uninterrupted. Blasts of water fly out and strike Vapor hard in the face. Rish watches quietly.

Vapor cries out and falls, barely catching herself with her power as she wobbles and pushes against the water again.

47 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Jek bites his lip, not wanting to say anything at the same time wanting to yell that they didn't rush straight for Vapor this way.

Vapor cries out and falls, barely catching herself with her power as she wobbles and pushes against the water again.

I mean... we couldn't really do anything for Vapor, also Daolan's in direct danger of death. It's true, but there are reasons.

Herate quickly follows, matching Fadran's pace. "So, I've been thinking about what we should do once we get there. Obviously we need to scout it out, but I think it's best if eventually I go out alone. He won't be expecting you to be with me, so keeping the Fellowship hidden is probably best until we need to fight. That is, if we do need to fight."