The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

One of the soldiers offers some hope. "Lady General, we weren't willing to shout his name because of the secret nature of our camp. It's possible he's out there and we simply didn't find him."

Herate wants to accept this, but she knows that it's unlikely. She shakes her head slowly. "No, I think it's time to face it. Daolan is missing."

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

One of the soldiers offers some hope. "Lady General, we weren't willing to shout his name because of the secret nature of our camp. It's possible he's out there and we simply didn't find him."

Herate wants to accept this, but she knows that it's unlikely. She shakes her head slowly. "No, I think it's time to face it. Daolan is missing."

"Here, let's go to the command tent, to, uhh..." He glances around the soldiers, and, figuring it probably wasn't a good idea to lower Herate's image in their eyes, said, "strategize."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran held the flap to the tent open for her, signalling to who seemed to be a higher-ranking officer with his eyes to make sure that none of the soldiers did anything stupid while they were gone.

Herate walked into the tent and sank to the floor.

The officer nodded and turned to the soldiers, intending to watch them carefully.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The other guy... Eldyn, or something... said he felt chaos. Something otherworldly."

"What otherworldly thing could possibly want Daolan? As far as I know, Wyrn doesn't have anything like that on his side and Daolan doesn't get out enough to attract the attention of anyone else. No one even knew he was important to me, I made sure to keep that a secret!"

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"What otherworldly thing could possibly want Daolan? As far as I know, Wyrn doesn't have anything like that on his side and Daolan doesn't get out enough to attract the attention of anyone else. No one even knew he was important to me, I made sure to keep that a secret!"

"What... what I'm trying to say, Herate, is that getting him back wouldn't be so easy as a prison break."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Tears finally welled in Herate's eyes and she blinked them back. "I know, I just can't bear to not do anything."

"We're in a bit of tight spot, Herate. There's an army you have to lead, a corrupt leader you have to defeat, a universe-destroying group of zealots we need to stamp out, the 'Fallen King' guy... not to mention we also need to find Vapor. Jek's missing her as much as you're missing Daolan."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're in a bit of tight spot, Herate. There's an army you have to lead, a corrupt leader you have to defeat, a universe-destroying group of zealots we need to stamp out, the 'Fallen King' guy... not to mention we also need to find Vapor. Jek's missing her as much as you're missing Daolan."

Herate smiled ruefully. "When you put it that way, it certainly gets put in perspective, huh? Okay. First item of business: The army and Wyrn."

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Herate smiled ruefully. "When you put it that way, it certainly gets put in perspective, huh? Okay. First item of business: The army and Wyrn."

"I've been in contact with an old... friend of mine. She's been working on it, supposedly, but some green paint bug has been holding her up, or something? Anyways, it'll be awhile until we can get a full army, which is why we should start on sabatoging their economy now." He drew a triangle in the dirt/dust, dividing it into three sections. "We can divide their econ into three main parts: The working class, the middle class, and the upper class. The workers support the upper two classes, so it would make sense that we should target them, but not in the way an army usually does."

He scraped away the lower portion of the triangle. "Instead of being a heartless, bad-guy-esque army and attacking the workers, we need to instead give them a reason to support us instead. Not only will we get more hands on deck, but we'll destabalize the Wyrn's economy as well. We'll kill two birds with one stone."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I've been in contact with an old... friend of mine. She's been working on it, supposedly, but some green paint bug has been holding her up, or something? Anyways, it'll be awhile until we can get a full army, which is why we should start on sabatoging their economy now." He drew a triangle in the dirt/dust, dividing it into three sections. "We can divide their econ into three main parts: The working class, the middle class, and the upper class. The workers support the upper two classes, so it would make sense that we should target them, but not in the way an army usually does."

He scraped away the lower portion of the triangle. "Instead of being a heartless, bad-guy-esque army and attacking the workers, we need to instead give them a reason to support us instead. Not only will we get more hands on deck, but we'll destabalize the Wyrn's economy as well. We'll kill two birds with one stone."

"That makes sense. So, do we want to try the town at the base of the hill or somewhere farther away?"

In the shadows behind Herate, a scroll materialized from darkness.

It read:

Spoiler

Dearest daughter,

I hope my letter finds you well.

I have received news that you have recently returned from your long journey away. I am glad to hear of your return; part of me had feared that you never would. The multiverse is a dangerous place, especially in recent times. And I fear our last meeting ended on somewhat sour terms - it would have brought me a great deal of sadness if that were the last interaction between us.

In order to protect against this eventuality, I wish to make amends. I have recently been given the opportunity to become acquainted with a friend of yours by the name of Daolan. He is the co-leader of your little group, is he not? I have been wanting to speak with him for some time now, but have been unable to locate him. I believe that, with a little effort, the three of us can come to an agreement.

Eagerly awaiting your return,

Naseom (Incidentally, what is his name?)

@Condensation

On the back, however, a message in a different hand was scratched out in what looked almost like dried blood. It read:

Spoiler

Be quick, princess, or he will be dead by sunset tomorrow.

-Psyder

Pick it up whenever you feel like noticing it, I guess.

Edited by xinoehp512