The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

On 11/5/2020 at 4:40 PM, Nathrangking said:

I can feel a warmth fill me as my daughter expresses love and strength that I had seen within her long before it had come forth. Her words contain true conviction and they drive fear from me. "I wish that I could give you worlds. Once I would have been able to. Now all I can truly give you is myself.  I will be with you always."

Circestran silently takes in the scene. 

Fox's lips turned into a faint smile, and the single tear that ran down her face originated from a different emotion, one of joy. Fox grasped Nath's hand and stood, placing her arm in a place as to help him up as well.

22 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox's lips turned into a faint smile, and the single tear that ran down her face originated from a different emotion, one of joy. Fox grasped Nath's hand and stood, placing her arm in a place as to help him up as well.

Shoving away fear and hesitation I take my daughter's arm. Summoning my strength as a mighty cloak which is wrapped tightly about me I rise. Relying mostly on my own strength I manage to keep a solid footing. I allow the slightest sort of smile to rise up.

Circestran nods in approval. 

Edited by Nathrangking

14 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Shoving away fear and hesitation I take my daughter's arm. Summoning my strength as a mighty cloak which is wrapped tightly about me I rise. Relying mostly on my own strength I manage to keep a solid footing. 

Circestran nods in approval. 

Fox grasped on tightly to father, if not to support him, as an emotional support for herself. Although, she felt more confident somehow- more bolstered, even if she feared it to be as temporary as the breezes that brushed the tent. Those breezes, which also called for her. The beauty of nature was so open and free, yet at the same time, exposing and candid beautiful terror. Wonderful and scary somehow seemed to be exactly what Fox needed a bit of right now. "Let us return to the liberating wind, father. I am in the mood to feel... to feel the sticks beneath my feet again. I'm afraid to admit I let my callouses wear away, it is time to begin building them once more."

I mean, I was simply waiting until nightfall to began enacting my plan... iGUKvze.png 

Far overhead the camp, velvet wings beat silently betwixt heaven and earth as Niesa the Myrkaal drew near. None in the camp noticed; between her darkened apparel and supernatural ability to remain undetectable, she was practically invisible.

She touched down in the center of camp. A few people were still out and about, but a quick lurk in the shadows was more than enough to keep them from noticing her. She peeked out from behind the tent, scanning the tents to try and identify which one belonged to her target. At least the coast seemed to be clear for now.

"Third to the left," whispered a voice behind her. She whirled around, shifting into a fighting stance, then relaxed when she noticed the aura around him. An ally.

"I suppose you're the spy, then?" she answered in a voice only barely loud enough to be heard. "You should be more careful. Keep talking that loud, and you'll draw guards faster than a snake's strike."

The spy snorted. "I know very well you can deal with a few guards." He lowered his voice anyways. "You take after your mother's line, after all. Or so I've heard." 

Niesa sniffed, but not in a displeased way. "Well, you heard right," she said. "Still, no sense in prodding the bee's nest when you don't have to." Her glanced flicked back towards the tents near the center of camp. "Third to the left, you say?" she muttered. "All right."

Stealthily, she moved across the ground to the indicated tent and slipped inside.

T peeks into the tents around the camp, calling softly after Ember, until she comes across footprints leading out of the camp. She surrounds herself with a field then places a glowing sphere just above her head, illuminating her path. 

On 11/8/2020 at 8:26 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sorry! I didn't get a chance to check this until now. Guess it'll(your character building and whatnot) have to wait, Kindness.

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Far overhead the camp, velvet wings beat silently betwixt heaven and earth as Niesa the Myrkaal drew near. None in the camp noticed; between her darkened apparel and supernatural ability to remain undetectable, she was practically invisible.

She touched down in the center of camp. A few people were still out and about, but a quick lurk in the shadows was more than enough to keep them from noticing her. She peeked out from behind the tent, scanning the tents to try and identify which one belonged to her target. At least the coast seemed to be clear for now.

"Third to the left," whispered a voice behind her. She whirled around, shifting into a fighting stance, then relaxed when she noticed the aura around him. An ally.

"I suppose you're the spy, then?" she answered in a voice only barely loud enough to be heard. "You should be more careful. Keep talking that loud, and you'll draw guards faster than a snake's strike."

The spy snorted. "I know very well you can deal with a few guards." He lowered his voice anyways. "You take after your mother's line, after all. Or so I've heard." 

Niesa sniffed, but not in a displeased way. "Well, you heard right," she said. "Still, no sense in prodding the bee's nest when you don't have to." Her glanced flicked back towards the tents near the center of camp. "Third to the left, you say?" she muttered. "All right."

Stealthily, she moved across the ground to the indicated tent and slipped inside.

Daolan had lain down with his face to the wall of the tent, exhausted from the events of the day. Soon, he had dozed off despite his attempts to keep himself awake for Martin, his tentmate.

16 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox grasped on tightly to father, if not to support him, as an emotional support for herself. Although, she felt more confident somehow- more bolstered, even if she feared it to be as temporary as the breezes that brushed the tent. Those breezes, which also called for her. The beauty of nature was so open and free, yet at the same time, exposing and candid beautiful terror. Wonderful and scary somehow seemed to be exactly what Fox needed a bit of right now. "Let us return to the liberating wind, father. I am in the mood to feel... to feel the sticks beneath my feet again. I'm afraid to admit I let my callouses wear away, it is time to begin building them once more."

I frown a bit though the love that I feel is not tempered. The cloak of strength clings to me and though it feels most fragile. Mortal fragility. I always thought you a mythic thing. "You want to return to the winds? Daughter, nature is a fickle thing. It is empowering to be sure. Let us step out and know well the universal powers that flow. Callouses must not grow over the soul daughter. Let not you heart be consumed." I take steps forward calling the winds to me. I cancel the wave of warmth being pulled from the corner of the tent. Breezes whisper about us. They embrace us and circle as our shields and guardians. 

Circestran steps alongside Nath her body awash with light.

Wind blew through the camp, he saw all the humans, what are they doing? I should go check this out, they look like they are up to something, wind landed  just outside the camp taking on his human but allowing himself to float a little, he might as well look impressive. He walked up to the camp then took a deep breath and yelled, "What in the name of Adonalsium are you all doing?!" That should get their attention.

5 minutes ago, Wind said:

Wind blew through the camp, he saw all the humans, what are they doing? I should go check this out, they look like they are up to something, wind landed  just outside the camp taking on his human but allowing himself to float a little, he might as well look impressive. He walked up to the camp then took a deep breath and yelled, "What in the name of Adonalsium are you all doing?!" That should get their attention.

I sense something upon the air before I hear a booming voice. My being connects with the whole of the realm. I dam up the winds and shed their protection. Gently and reluctantly I release my hold on my daughter. I exit the tent and calmly walk around the tent toward the shouted words. "What is this?" Icy veins rushes through my question.

21 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I sense something upon the air before I hear a booming voice. My being connects with the whole of the realm. I dam up the winds and shed their protection. Gently and reluctantly I release my hold on my daughter. I exit the tent and calmly walk around the tent toward the shouted words. "What is this?" Icy veins rushes through my question.

“Who are you?” 

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"No, the question is who are you?"

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"I have gone by many names during many different eons. You may call me Nathrangking lord of air and master of mindscapes. Who are you?"

“I’m Wind, or the Wind, depends on how well you know me.” Wind looks curiously at them.

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Nice to meet you, I guess. I'm Herate. What are you doing here?"

“I’m always here, I just wanted to get a better look at what you are doing.”

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"The personified soul of the wind. Long have you been called by my will. Though I suppose that you are its essence and I shared you with the realms."

“Who are you? Are you one of those who killed my father?”

Just now, Wind said:

"I find it most doubtful. I have not slain a deity in eons and I would remember having killed a spirit of the air. I am the master of the winds and skies. Warmth answers to me. Mindscapes bow low before me. I am not quite a god, but nearly so. I'm an ancient who was once immortal, but is so no more."

3 minutes ago, Wind said:

“I’m always here, I just wanted to get a better look at what you are doing.”

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"I suppose I can't argue with that. Would you like to help?"

Taken the Lightspren hovered around Wind. "That one seems nice. I think we can trust them!"

4 minutes ago, Wind said:

"There is a wrongness to him. Please tread lightly, Wind." Taken snickered at his own joke.