Long Game 63: The Set

DeTess

It seems something time-zone related has shifted (or I've just been bad at converting between time-zones from the game's start). Either way, there's still a little under 15 minutes left in this cycle, and I'll announce the times in CET from now on, because I'll be certain that's the correct time for me.

edit: I checked, and apparently the US entered daylight savings time yesterday, while Europe didn't. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused

Edited by DeTess

5 minutes ago, DeTess said:

It seems something time-zone related has shifted (or I've just been bad at converting between time-zones from the game's start). Either way, there's still a little under 15 minutes left in this cycle, and I'll announce the times in CET from now on, because I'll be certain that's the correct time for me.

edit: I checked, and apparently the US entered daylight savings time yesterday, while Europe didn't. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused

Daylight Savings time in the U.S.

Few members of the Set paid attention to Shanerockes. They always seemed to glide under the radar and avoid attention. Some people weren’t even sure they had a Character at all.

This suited Shanerockes just fine. Their skill at observing others unnoticed had landed them a position in the Research subset, and from there he’d worked his way up. Sure, his eventual promotion to Suit had required arranging a couple of ‘accidents’ for the other officers in the Subset, but still.

If by ‘accidents’, you meant ‘arrests’, of course.

Things were getting heated within the Set though, and Shanerockes wasn’t sure how much longer he could keep up the facade. Luckily, headquarters had promised to make arrangements to extract the remaining agents if things got too hot.

And he was glad they had. Things had started well, with the usual aimless accusations. But then that bloody Scalar had started holding a speech, extolling the virtues of the other accused and insinuating that Shanerockes wasn’t quite who they claimed to be. 

So, seeing the writing on the wall, Shanerockes had made his escape. The door ahead of him would lead to a back alley, at the end of which a carriage would be waiting to take him to safety. There was only one problem. The door was locked.

Shanerockes looked around wildly, trying to figure out why things weren’t going according to the plan. This was the door he’d been informed about, and he’d been assured that it’d be unlocked. So why wouldn’t the rusting thing budge?

The loyal members of the Set were already looking for him, and he could hear the pursuers getting closer. Shanerockes decided to forgo subtlety and gave the door a solid kick, causing it to rattle in its hinges. Another kick caused the door to creak and crack, and a third would have caused it to finally swing open. Unfortunately, he never got the chance for that third kick, as by that time the loyalists had caught up with him.

When the hunters returned, they carried with them a small leather wallet, containing the bloodied badge of an EBI agent. Proof that, once again, mob justice had caught one of the infiltrators.

Shanerocke's death had one unforeseen consequence, however. Each Subset has protocols for emergencies and the death of their entire leadership certainly counted as one. And so, the research Subset quickly and quietly just... disappeared. Reports where destroyed, research papers were buried, and the remaining Scalars scattered to the four winds, waiting for a signal that the threat to the Set had been dealt with, and it was safe to re-emerge.

Shanerockes has been lynched. He was a Thug EBI agent and a Suit in the Research Subset. They where the last member of the Research subset.

Thug: You can't be role-blocked

Research subset: Each night cycle the Research subset can submit an action to learn a player’s alignment, rank, role and subset membership. The results of the research will be announced in their doc.

Vote tally:

Alvron (1): Coda, Shanerockes
Shanerockes(2): Elkanah
Zillah(1): Alvron

Player list:

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath as Victoria Stadtt The Set's Sequence (and also a gold Ferring)
  2. Xinoehp512 as Yarra
  3. Butt ad Venture as Esualpla Dowenger, EBI agent and array in the communications subset
  4. Elkanah as Ned, a pencil mustached cane wielder who is definitely neither a creep nor EBI!
  5. Coda as Catamire Dalageth
  6. Alvron as Pete Zahutt
  7. Rathmaskal
  8. Shanerockes, who doesn't know if they'll have a character yet, but we shall see Thug EBI agent and Suit in the research subset
  9. The_god_king, Copper Ferring Array in the research Subset
  10. Elandera,  copper Ferring EBI agent and an Array in the Legal Subset
  11. Kidpen, loyal suit in the research subset
  12. Young Bard as Mister Bubblegum, someone with a fondness (though unfortunately not a talent) for secret names array in the 'Involuntary Holidays' subset
  13. Abstrusity as Mundric Pentasum, errant purveyor of hats with a troubled past.
  14. Zillah
  15. EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD as Drahs Xperienc(the x is silent) Gold Ferring Suit in the legal subset

Night 5 has begun. It'll end in about 23 hours at midnight CET, which should be 7 PM EST on the 10th of march.

So, everything shanerocks said is suspect. Actually, he was probably telling the truth since that can be verified, so we've gained nothing. The vote manipulation, however, is evident. Someone transferred an Alvron vote onto shanerocks. Anyone taking credit for that?

It's down to Xino, Alvron, and Zillah for the last elims, assuming Elkanah is being honest. If Rath uses the legal subset ability to prevent the lynch from being swung onto one of the soft-cleared people, then we should be alright. 

38 minutes ago, Coda said:

The vote manipulation, however, is evident. Someone transferred an Alvron vote onto shanerocks. Anyone taking credit for that?

That would be me.  I transferred your vote onto Shanerocks.  Or rather I used the PR subset ability to do so.

I think I am the last copper ferring and I am pretty sure I die tonight, so I am unkeying my copperminds so all of you have the information I have.

We can't actually trust any of his scans except for the one on me. I'm'a lay all my cards on the table. I'm a copper ferring, so I was able to find the message collected on the chair of The God King. That was some grisly stuff. I felt all the terror as the agents prepared to take him away. He was able to leave some good information, though. In night one the research subset investigated Abstrusity and he was village. On night two they discovered my innocence hence their adamant protection. TGK was contacted by the communication subset from which he learned there are five subsets as follows: PR ("vote manip?") Legal ("Protection?") Communications (PM's) Research (Scan) Kidnapping (Roleblock). He also left a note listing roles as follows:

Gold ferring-  prevents death but not the lynch or arrest; Thug- ? ; ? - Kill role ; ? - Vote manipulation ; Copper - can speak to the dead.

It's a little dated so here is the complete rules.

There are five subsets

Spoiler

Sequence (big boss)

Kynedath

Involuntary Holiday (roleblock)

Young Bard

Elkanah

Zillah

Research (seeker)

The God King

Kidpen

Shanerockes

Public Relations (rioter)

Alvron

Xinoehp

Abstrusity

Communications (PM's)

Laurent Ervine

Butt Ad Venture

Coda

Legal (soother with duralumin)

Xperience the Shard

Elandera

Rathmaskal

There are four roles

Spoiler

Copper Ferring (can talk to dead people)

Elandera

The God King

Elkanah

Thug (can't be roleblocked)

Shanerockes

Alvron

Gold Ferring (can survive a nonexistent kill role)

Xperience the Shard

Kynedath

Vanillager

Butt Ad Venture

Kidpen

Young Bard

Undetermined (could be a part of the above, but maybe have a kill role)

Xinoehp

Coda

Rathmaskal

Abstrusity

Zillah

Each subset has one suit and two arrays.

The suit has two votes and the arrays have one to determine how the faction uses its action. 

------------------------------------------------

Because Abstrusity was checked as innocent on Day one, he could have been the one to switch teams. I also don't think Coda or Rathmaskal are bad. That leaves Alvron, Zillah, and Xinoehp. I have a very tenuous trust of Alvron for moving the vote onto Shanerockes instead of Zillah... although I don't 100% understand how you came to that decision. I guess I can't argue with results. So right now I think my suspicion order is Zillah, Xino, then Alvron. After that is Coda and Abstrusity.

I wish you all the best of luck. (also sorry for anyone who didn't want to be outed. Most of this was determinable by just reading the thread, and I'm treating this as my will.)

Oh, a couple more things I just thought of: Rath or Coda is probably the last thug, and Xino or Abstrusity are probably the last Gold Ferring.

Given Zillah hasn't posted since D4 while Xino posted this Day, might I suggest you roleblock Xino?  If Zillah is evil then they will need to post during this Night in order to use the attack.

12 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Given Zillah hasn't posted since D4 while Xino posted this Day, might I suggest you roleblock Xino?  If Zillah is evil then they will need to post during this Night in order to use the attack.

Solid idea! I will see what I can do.

2 hours ago, Coda said:

If we're laying all of our cards on the table, I'm a gold ferring. Thanks for this wonderful will, Elkanah. 

Thank you! :D

Also, You're welcome or I'm sorry. (I am really bad at reading tone.) :(

Also also, Unless there is another copper ferring who received The God King's last thoughts, I am the only one left alive who knows I was checked on the second day. It is possible that I was checked on the first day and Abstrusity was checked on the second. If I lied about that order, then I definitely am the player who switched teams, so by all means do not take my word as true until I most likely die tonight. Also given it's true, that doesn't mean it's right. I am happy to hear anyone who wants to refute me and I'm also fine being wrong.

Honestly I just feel bad outing literally everyone. I was afraid all of this information was going to be lost.

7 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Also also, Unless there is another copper ferring who received The God King's last thoughts, I am the only one left alive who knows I was checked on the second day. It is possible that I was checked on the first day and Abstrusity was checked on the second. If I lied about that order, then I definitely am the player who switched teams, so by all means do not take my word as true until I most likely die tonight. Also given it's true, that doesn't mean it's right. I am happy to hear anyone who wants to refute me and I'm also fine being wrong.

Abs was solely responsible for moving a vote from them to Venture after someone flipped so I don't think they have.  If both Venture and Abs were evil then they could've added a vote to Coda tying it up between the three of them giving both of them a chance of surviving but instead Abs saved themselves and killed an Elim.  (Yes, I'm aware that Coda had a vote removed but Abs would've had no way of knowing that.)
I highly doubt you are evil since you voted on Shane and kept it there even after they responded when you could've just as easily moved your vote back to me.
We can also trust the third scan if we know who it was.  Either Zillah or Rath.  If they had come up evil then I suspect Kidpen would've revealed it rather than keeping it secret.  Given that Kidpen voted on Rath during the D4 cycle, I don't think they were the third scan so that would have to be Zillah.
Which means that Xino is most likely evil. :(  And I was so hoping to keep the PR subset whole.

After the meeting's end, the various members and messengers of the Set took their leave. Ned, however, took his time leaving. He knew that the EBI would be waiting for him, after all. So he took a last look around, took a look in a mirror to ensure his thin mustache looked immaculate and took his time buttoning up his trench-coat. Then, when there was nothing left to do, he dramatically tossed open the door and stepped outside.

The door slamming open attracted some attention from passers-by, but no one suddenly pointed a weapon at him, no one shouted to ‘get him’ and most certainly no one was waving a badge around. This troubled Ned. He was certain this would be the moment. But with nothing else for it, he waved down a carriage and started the journey home.

Still fretting over the lack of a team of constables to arrest him, it took him awhile to realize that the parts of town the carriage took him through looked rather unfamiliar. He banged the roof of his conveyance, demanding to know where the carriage driver thought he was taking him, though he already knew the answer. Of course the EBI had send a carriage to stealthily carry him away to the gaol, leaving him completely unaware until it was too late. If nothing else, he had to congratulate them for their guile.

“My apologies, sir! There was a crash on the main road, so I needed to find a way around. It shouldn’t be too much of a detour though!” The carriage driver called out in response to Ned's demand for information. And so it was. Several minutes later the carriage had returned to the roads Ned was familiar with, and Ned arrived at his home only several minutes later than expected.

Ned braced himself as he descended from the carriage. Surely this would be the moment then, the moment in which the EBI descended on him and made their arrest.

But no such thing occurred. Nor did Ned find any agents hiding in his house, even after making a thorough search. The creaking floorboards that woke him up a grand total of six times during the night were just the result of his house settling, and not a sign of an impending assault on his bedroom. And the paper he found rolled up on his doorstep the next morning was just his usual broadsheet, rather than an arrest warrant.

Suffice to say, Ned was a bit of a wreck when he left his home to attend the day’s meeting. He was so sleep-deprived and occupied by his own thoughts that he failed to notice the two burly men waiting just outside his door and barreled right into them, resulting in an unfortunate fall.

It took him a moment to realize that, in addition to helping him back to his feet, one of the men had also slipped a pair of manacles on his hands. When the situation finally registered with him, he had only one thing to say to them. 

“About rusting time!”

Elkanah has been arrested! He was a loyal copper Ferring array in the 'involuntary holidays' Subset. He has left an unkeyed coppermind in a safe place, for those wit the ability to read it.

Player list:

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath as Victoria Stadtt The Set's Sequence (and also a gold Ferring)
  2. Xinoehp512 as Yarra
  3. Butt ad Venture as Esualpla Dowenger, EBI agent and array in the communications subset
  4. Elkanah as Ned, a pencil mustached cane wielder who is definitely neither a creep nor EBI!loyal copper Ferring array in the 'involuntary holidays' Subset.
  5. Coda as Catamire Dalageth
  6. Alvron as Pete Zahutt
  7. Rathmaskal
  8. Shanerockes, who doesn't know if they'll have a character yet, but we shall see Thug EBI agent and Suit in the research subset
  9. The_god_king, Copper Ferring Array in the research Subset
  10. Elandera,  copper Ferring EBI agent and an Array in the Legal Subset
  11. Kidpen, loyal suit in the research subset
  12. Young Bard as Mister Bubblegum, someone with a fondness (though unfortunately not a talent) for secret names array in the 'Involuntary Holidays' subset
  13. Abstrusity as Mundric Pentasum, errant purveyor of hats with a troubled past.
  14. Zillah
  15. EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD as Drahs Xperienc(the x is silent) Gold Ferring Suit in the legal subset

Day 6 has begun. It'll end in a little under 48 hours, on march 12th at 7 PM EST.

So Elkanah's information was completely valid and should be trusted. As such the lynch order is Zillah, xino, then Alvron. This is subject to debate, especially considering my lack of distrust towards Alv.

18 hours ago, Coda said:

So Elkanah's information was completely valid and should be trusted. As such the lynch order is Zillah, xino, then Alvron. This is subject to debate, especially considering my lack of distrust towards Alv.

I would agree with the Alvron Lynch. While Elkanah’s information seems trustworthy, I don’t think we should blindly follow them. That’s not just because my head is on the chopping block, it’s because it puts them in a mayor role. Even though they’ve been arrested it’s not a smart idea to do so. I never got clarification on why exactly Elkanah was suspicious of the players on the list they had. Can anyone shed any light on that?

So, I've been thinking about why I haven't been killed yet.  And there are two distinct possibilities that I think are worth considering.

1. I'm so far off the rails on my suspicions of who the remaining elim(s) is/are that the elim team is just sitting there laughing at me.
  2. The elim team is more concerned about other roles.

Regarding number 2, since I think that's the easier of the two for me to think through, if I were the elim team, especially if there was only one of me remaining, there are other roles I'd find more threatening.  Specifically, the Involuntary Holidays (IH) subset I'd find as an extremely concerning role.  If they happen to target me through random chance, I'm kind of hosed.  (I'd also consider setting up a good IKYK situation by not submitting a kill one night in order to get whomever was targeted by IH in the crosshairs...that would be fun)

So, basically, I'm tempted to ask to reorder our lynches to xino > Alvron > Zillah instead of Zillah first.

Now, on the flip side, IH seems a perfectly plausible subset to include an elim...but that's very faulty logic...just would be fun flavor-wise.

Anyway, I'm going to put my vote on xino.  I'm unsure whether to use my vote manipulation to assist in this...if it's a close vote, I probably will.  *Zillah ninja here*

Edit: yes, I know that the 'ninja comment' when Zillah's post was an hour before mine is a bit odd...had this sitting typed up when I left for lunch and thought I had sent it...haha

Edited by Rathmaskal

Zillah didn't post during D5 or N5 so couldn't send in the kill.  Xino should've been roleblocked unless they are a thug which I'm iffy on given Shane was a Thug.  I know I'm village.  Rath unfortunately posted during N5 so they could've placed the kill and they tried to seal the lynch on Abs D2 but posted to late.  But to be honest, my primary suspicion is Coda.  Nothing solid but a consistent feeling I keep getting.  Yes, this would mean that the entire Communication subset is evil but still, something keeps dragging my eyes back to Coda and I'm going to listen to it.

2 hours ago, Coda said:

First, I was cleared by Elkanah's will. Second, Alvron. Zillah. If you end up village, I'll take your analysis into account.

You were not cleared by Elks will.  They only said they didn't think you were evil.  You are also not one of the ones scanned by the Research department.  In fact the only thing that points to you not being evil is the fact that Venture was and the two of you are in the same subset but that means nothing when there was a conversion.

True, Alv, but I... don't have a defense, so I'm accusing you to take the attention off me. That's the problem with flying under the radar. When the player count gets low, you're first on the list to die. I'm going to leave my vote on you and when you die, I'll take your analysis into account by voting Rath. Hopefully we don't all die before then, but I would like you to know that I'm a loyal Set member. My word is worth nothing, but I have nothing else to give.

15 minutes ago, Coda said:

True, Alv, but I... don't have a defense, so I'm accusing you to take the attention off me. That's the problem with flying under the radar. When the player count gets low, you're first on the list to die. I'm going to leave my vote on you and when you die, I'll take your analysis into account by voting Rath. Hopefully we don't all die before then, but I would like you to know that I'm a loyal Set member. My word is worth nothing, but I have nothing else to give.

But there was no attention on you.  Zillah, Xino and myself are all listed ahead of you for lynching.  Even Rath is more likely to be lynched before you.  Or at least attempted given his subset ability.  Your post sounds like you're scrambling to come up with excuses.
Your first post this cycle tried to cement Elks analysis and determine the lynching order.
Second post you tried to claim you were cleared while also setting things up the next cycle.
The post above is giving more reasons why you might be wrong while also trying to gain sympathy.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good ploy but it all just seems off enough to stir up those feelings I keep having about you.

Okay. I don't care. You're just a rogue element in an otherwise perfect game. Your voice of dissension shall be quelled. You're probably not an elim, but I'm keeping the vote on you for your vote on me. I would be willing to move to either xino or Rath if you also moved votes, though I suspect voting Rath would be pointless given his vote removing powers.