• Lift
    • Szeth
    • Hoid/Wit
    • Dalinar
    • Jasnah
    • Renarin
    • Adolin
    • Other

I got Bondsmith hehe.  As far as favorite character, it's a reeeeally hard choice.  Out of all the book series I've read, Stormlight might actually have my favorite cast.  I genuinely love everyone, even the ones I hate.  So, I guess I'll go with favorite to read... and that (having only finished Wok and WoR) would be Shallan.

• 2 months later...

Dalinar is the deepest and most real character to me. I mean I LOVE Kaladin and Szeth and they were my top in the first 2 books. To be honest Kaladin and Dalinar both gave me chills during their different "level up" scenes, and I can't wait for more of those incredible scenes to come. 

Jasnah also I think has the potential to be a real front runner if she gets more screen time. She is badass and deserves her shot at the top!

Dalinar is definitely one of my favorite characters I've ever encountered in any work of fiction, but if I had to pick a character I'm most intrigued by right now, and one whose story I most want to dive into, it would be Szeth. I do really like his dedication to a single purpose, even to the point of driving himself insane. He seems to have a lot of willpower, but he's never really had the free will to act on it himself. He fought in the Battle of Thaylenah, but I'm interested to see his interactions as a free person, especially with the rest of the characters.

The thing that makes me the most intrigued, however, is that I totally can't understand his commitment to the whole Truthless/Oathstone thing. Where did his determination to stick with that come from? Is it religious devotion? A genuine fear of the afterlife? I have to know the answers.

How can I choose? They are all amazing for different reasons. 

Szeth’s storyline and arc is so amazing. 

Wit is a fascinating character. 

Shallan is really relatable and interesting. 

Kaladin and Dalinar are absolutely epic. 

Adolin and Renarin are adorable and I love them and they are so cool. 

And Lift. I need not elaborate. 

Edit: I forgot Jasnah but I love her secrets and how she sees the world. 

Edited by Lightwing8888
Forgot Jasnah

1 hour ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Szeth’s storyline and arc is so amazing. 

yes

1 hour ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Wit is a fascinating character. 

A huge understatement but I see what your going for.

2 hours ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Shallan is really relatable and interesting. 

no, she's really, not. Kal is.

Kaladin and Dalinar are absolutely epic. 

Of course.

Adolin and Renarin are adorable and I love them and they are so cool. 

respectable characters but nothing to intresting

And Lift. I need not elaborate. 

True words.

3 hours ago, Lightwing8888 said:

Edit: I forgot Jasnah but I love her secrets and how she sees the world. 

Fair enough

3 hours ago, Booknerd said:

no, she's really, not. Kal is.

Lol. Because none of us have ever gone through an abusive family situation, but heaven knows we've all had our friends murdered so someone could steal something valuable from us when we had already given it to someone else...

I get what you're saying but I burst into laughter when I read that:-)

Just now, Steel Inquisitive said:

Lol. Because none of us have ever gone through an abusive family situation, but heaven knows we've all had our friends murdered so someone could steal something valuable from us when we had already given it to someone else...

You haven't had that?

16 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

I get what you're saying but I burst into laughter when I read that:-)

I think different things are relatable to people. I just empathize with Shallan a lot and understand why she acts the way she does. That doesn't mean that Kaladin isn't the best.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:38 PM, Vambram said:

My favorites are:

Dalinar 

Kaladin

Lift 

Jasnah and finally, 

Shallan and Adolin  

I am adding both Sylphrena and also Pattern to my list of most favorite characters. They have made the books a lot more enjoyable and entertaining. I absolutely LOVE Sylphrena. .... and Pattern is also great.