And Jonan, lost in the lonely den,

Attacked by a sword made of light, 

Began to die; but Honor still nigh

Appear’d like his axehound, in white.

He embraced the man, and led with his hand,

And to the true Gren him he brought. 

Who in famine pale, through the final veil

His blest master weeping had sought.

Tafud crouched by the fire. His own fire, that is - not the communal one, he wouldn’t trust them to even build a fire that wouldn’t explode at this point. No, he made his own fire in a vacant corner of the room, and sat in the corner behind it, warily looking out at everyone else.

No one could be trusted. Not even him, maybe.

He started. Had that been a noise behind him. It was only the corner - but what if they could move through walls?

He whipped around to face the corner he was sitting in, to face... an empty stone corner.

Tafud glared at it for a moment, making sure that nothing was there.

Then... he felt heat on his back. More heat than just the little fire.

He spun back around, but stumbled as he saw the back of his coat was on fire.

Unfortunately for him, he stumbled into the fire. Which promptly started to consume him, and by the time anyone was able to get water over to him, it was too late.

From the Archives, regarding the Radiant Scouting Disaster:
Danerin,

This letter comes to inform you that your wife Paleli has gone missing. Her belongings have been left behind, including a letter (enclosed) addressed to you.

She was last seen early this morning, but we do not have the manpower to spare to try to find her right now. It is likely she is already dead.

I am sorry.

Sincerely,
Brightness Kareana

Magenta Albatross was a Loyal Knight Radiant Worldhopper!
Sunburst Toucan was a Loyal Knight Radiant Worldhopper!

Edgedancer Message

Have you ever wondered, well I have, About how I say, say cleared, for example there's no way of knowing if cleared means the same thing in your head as cleared means in my head when someone says cleared.

And how if we’re dying at almost the speed of light, and we’re killing at night, our lives would still be ending before our eyes, at the full speed of light, which seems right in a way but what i’m trying to say

I'm not sure

But I wonder if before i’m dead
I’m not just a bit suspicious of some of my friends
Paranoia comes into my mind unbidden
Suspicions delivered to me fully written

And when everyone dies, like they seem to like doing, the paranoia is incredibly loud.|
And I just wish they’d stop, dustbringers, Odium, and the lynch and suspicions would end once and for all

Im sorry, i’m not quite explaining it right, but this fear becomes votes and the voting brings light and it’s burning inside me, would usually fade, but it isn’t today, and I look at the voting, and my heart is pounding, and my eyes are searching, but everything,everything is….

Quiet.

Like, silence, but not really silent.

Just that still sort of quiet

Like the sound of thoughts being put in a doc

Or pms sent as some of us talk

Quiet…

Like silence, but not really silent

Not a nice kind of quiet

Like the sound when you know nothing at all will get said
Just the sound of perpetual dread

And though there's people around me
Their mouths are not moving
The words they aren’t forming
Will not save us anymore

And it is quiet

And I watch on

Like we’ve sailed
Into the eye of the storm...

-----------------------

Written during the silence that was the start of D6, by none other than the purple lizard fish thing themself: Violet Axolotl

Day 7 has begun and will end in 47 hours, on January 15th at 6pm PT. Credit for Jonan’s writeup goes to Fifth. 

PMs are CLOSED.

Player List

1. Amber Vulture: Jashi, Stormwarden Radiant Worldhopper
2. Amethyst Scorpion: Jesh, Lost Axehound Radiant Worldhopper
3. Chartreuse Penguin: Taladir, Gambler Radiant Worldhopper
4. Coral Swan: Germaine, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
5. Cream Tuatara: Dfyan, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
6. Emerald Falcon: Sein, Inquisitive Radiant Worldhopper
7. Indigo Weasel: Adhom Inem, Ardent
8. Ivory Dragonfly: Krask, Conspiracy Theorist Sympathizer Worldhopper
9. Magenta Albatross: Jonan Wikim, Lost Axehound (Gren) Radiant Worldhopper
10. Mauve Crocodile: Sernes, Paranoid Scout Radiant Worldhopper
11. Mint Heron: Sam, Once a Darkeyes Radiant Worldhopper
12. Onyx Flamingo: Kir, Kleptomaniac Scout
13. Opal Lion: Tnaidar, Scout Radiant Worldhopper
14. Pearl Chameleon: Purrl, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Radiant Worldhopper
15. Plum Rhinoceros: Logalog, Scholar Sympathizer Worldhopper
16. Quartz Zebra: Arauna Khadal, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Sympathizer Worldhopper
17. Saffron Iguana: Merinira, Scout Sympathizer Worldhopper
18. Sage Kangaroo: Gilglin, Ardent (Devotary of the Mind)
19. Salmon Meerkat: Cadamum, Ghostblood Recruit
20. Scarlet Octopus: Max Mercury, Past Lives Sympathizer Worldhopper
21. Sunburst Toucan: Tafud, Slightly Crazy Radiant Worldhopper
22. Taupe Gecko: Brana, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
23. Turquoise Gorilla: Bomer, Gambler Radiant Worldhopper
24. Violet Axolotl: Adi, Anxious

Edited by Elbereth

Well then. 

5 left

Presumably only one evil left.

I would assume albatross was the elim kill

Axolotyl - Edgedancer
Flamingo - Claimed Dustbringer
Meerkat - Claimed Elsecaller
Weasel - Claimed wilshaper
Kangaroo - Unknown

I... feel like by now we should know for certain who it is. I feel like i have reasons to trust everyone to a degree which makes this problematic. I'm inclined to suggest kangaroo since they are the one we know the very least about but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any ideas so far.  Even though there's some un-provable actions with people concerning last cycle, i'm more willing to believe people who have contributed and are willing to work with each other than someone who's said very little

Also can confirm that that edgedancer message was mine. It's a parody of 'Quiet' from Matilda

2 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Why should we use lightweaver on flamingo? It only protects from vote manip roles and skybreaker. What we need is a windrunner. 

Unfortunately, I'm also a lightweaver. 

Onyx is the other confirmed person. If he survives the night, he'd be immune to any vote manipulation that the elim has. Also, it's kind of suspicious that you once again have a role that you can't really prove without wasting a valuable village action.

50 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Onyx is the other confirmed person. If he survives the night, he'd be immune to any vote manipulation that the elim has. Also, it's kind of suspicious that you once again have a role that you can't really prove without wasting a valuable village action.

What I'm saying is that Lightweaver won't help him survive the night. It doesn't protect anyone from kills. It only protects from skybreaking and vote manipulation roles. 

7 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

What I'm saying is that Lightweaver won't help him survive the night. It doesn't protect anyone from kills. It only protects from skybreaking and vote manipulation roles. 

Yeah, I know that. Do you have any better ideas for Lightweaver targets?

Edited by Indigo Weasel

13 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

I am fine with Kangaroo, @Salmon Meerkat and @Sage Kangaroo what are your thoughts on the lynch?

Hmm. Last cycle I was the one to start the lynch on Kangaroo, but I later marked that as tunneling in my own book. I'm not so certain how I feel about the kangaroo lynch, as I feel it is somewhat more likely the last elim is between weasel and axolotl

I think that my suspicion on weasel has been flip-flopping the entire game. But i cant get over the part where weasel killed for Albatross. 

It almost seemed they were... more than willing? Then the alignment flip of scorpions village as well. It's probably tunneling again, but it seems a perfect way to have a scapegoat for another villagers death. 

I kinda want to trust axolotl for the same reasons I want to trust kangaroo. Their participation in the lynch of Meerkat. It just seems too late in the game for an elim to attempt a bus, especially on a very active elim. 

Actually, as I write this, I think no do find it more likely that kangaroo is elim than axolotl. So my suspicions would go weasel, then kangaroo, then axolotl, then flamingo. 

Edit: 

From weasel (not normal formatting because mobile)

Yeah, I know that. Do you have any better ideas for Lightweaver targets?

I guess I dont really. It just seemed the reason you wanted to lightweave always to help them survive the night, which is exactly what lightweaving wouldn't do. It's still a good idea because wasting a lightweave on anyone else could hide the elim from any skybreakers, and it would also ensure a safe, unmanipulatable, village vote that we could count on next cycle. 

Edited by Salmon Meerkat

9 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Hmm. Last cycle I was the one to start the lynch on Kangaroo, but I later marked that as tunneling in my own book. I'm not so certain how I feel about the kangaroo lynch, as I feel it is somewhat more likely the last elim is between weasel and axolotl

Axolotl literally cannot be the last elim. They posted an Edgedancer message, which means that they couldn't have used the kill.

13 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

I think that my suspicion on weasel has been flip-flopping the entire game. But i cant get over the part where weasel killed for Albatross. 

It almost seemed they were... more than willing? Then the alignment flip of scorpions village as well.

I had a Dustbringer role and had no idea what to do, so I asked Albatross. If I was actually an elim Dustbringer, it would have been better to just kill someone instead of asking Albatross and potentially putting myself in a situation where I'd have to choose between losing Albatross' trust and killing one of my teammates.

I think when it comes to weasel, while sure theres no reason an elim cant scan someone and tell people theyre village, theres no reason an elim can't just let a villager dictate their kill. Its just

So if weasel and iguana were teammates. One a dustbringer and one using the elim kill. 

Albatross contacts weasel and tells them to kill scorpian. An elim would know scorpian is innocent so no reason not to contest this. But then when it came to people revealing actions, why would they both claim the same action? I feel like if i was iguana and i knew weasel had been the one to kill scorpian, id probably try claim ownership of herons death instead, since there would be a chance whoever killed them may have died, whereas you know for sure theres someone to contest that kill if your own teammate was the one to do it. And no one did claim herons death.  Idk i feel like id have chosen sharing the kill with someone unknown opposed to someome you know is still alive and had coordinated ahead of time so would have backup concerning actually having done it.

I mean anythingd possible, but in my head i feel like it makes more sense for iguana to be just claiming a random death and hoping it goes uncontested, which given the innactivity at the time was entirely plausible

That being said theres always opportunity for evil and people ive trusted have turned out evil and people i suspect turn out good so who knows. 

Ill be voting kangaroo but i will say as far as order of trusts, for me it is:  flamingo, meerkat, weasel, kangaroo.

I believe flamingos claim on that kill (albatross claimed bondsmith to me so they definitely didnt do the kill, and toucan didnt kill themself (well i hope not) so whoever killed toucan would be alive, and the kill has gone uncontested so, im happy accepting they did it. Which clears them) and with meerkat- the lynch on iguana, and also the fact that theyre willing to vote differently to the rest of us even with so few rather than just follow the pack because any target will do, makes me feel good about their alignment. It would be much easier for an elim to just go with the flow

Thing is atm, as i probably mentioned before. I feel like i have a reason to trust basically everyone, but kangaroo has barely contributed at all, even though they condemned iguana in their anon message, anyone can thow suspicion on a teammate, and it was something more obvious in thread that was easy to comment on imo. Idk. Everyone else is willing to work together. Kangaroo is not helping in any way.

Also yeah I'll just use my thingy on flamingo. Stops vote manip, and they have no need of beng scanned so shouldnt be a problem for anything. Doesn't achieve much but its something

Gilglin smiled wryly as he leafed through Merinira’s documents. The scout had disappeared several days ago, and the numbers of Radiants had dwindled so far that Kareana stalwartly refused to risk sending search parties, insisting she would return alone or not at all. But somehow, it had occurred to nobody but him to check for associations with the great Enemy, Odium, and plain as day, there was a folded paper at the bottom of her briefcase with a list of “priority” targets. He continued his wry grin as he perused the names, seeing many Brightlord which had left Urithiru with the other team of Radiants. Still probably be best to redouble their guards, though, Gilglin noted. He then slid his eyes to the final name on the list, and his smile quickly disappeared. His name? What was it doing there? He was just an Ardent! Trembling slightly, he took the paper, folded it gently, and slid it into the breast-pocket of his coat. He had to show this to Kareana. At the very least, it might get her to direct her Radiants to look elsewhere for the last few traitors in their midst. 

As he stood, he looked around the corner, where the other Radiants in their initial group were looking at him disapprovingly. Distrust flared towards the lot of them, but he shoved it down. He was hardly the most vocal person on Roshar, and his unwillingness to answer questions was often construed as guilt. While he sympathised with the sentiment that he should publicly speak more, he needed to be left alone most of the time. Especially when he was preparing prayers for the Almighty to send men to stop the madness. Especially when he was meant to offer private spiritual help specific to the Devotary of the Divine, and not interact with the public much at all. He bent back over to the barrel of glyphward ink, which he had insisted on bringing, despite its flammable nature, up to the mountain. Prayer glyphs were especially necessary at this time, if they wanted the Almighty’s favour—the only factor that mattered—to rest upon them. Dipping his brush into the ink, he began painting on the barren rocks, aware as he did so that the other Radiants were closing in on him. Within a minute, he was staring into three hostile faces, none of which looked pleased at his silence. Gilglin put the finishing touches on his glyph, an odd form of “guidance” which was used most often for determining one’s Calling—as such, the prayer had more rarity, significance, and power. The matters ahead of them would require a blessing from the Almighty greater than the one which he gave upon the realisation of a Calling, for the corresponding threat was far greater. Yet he had confidence that Honour and the Heralds would provide, and so he was fearless when turning towards the three. “Where were you last night?” one demanded. 

“I was reading my book here,” Gilglin replied, unsure where the conversation was going. The leader only nodded. “Exactly. Are you sure about that?”

“Yes…” Gilglin was confused. “I had nothing to do with Jonan’s death, if that’s what you mean!” 

Again, only that infuriating nod in reply. “I’m sure you didn’t. Alright, boys, take him.” Strong arms suddenly seized his own, attempting to drag him towards Kareana. He avoided being grappled narrowly, writhing out of one man’s grip and allowing the second to pick up the sheet he’d dropped when the fighting began. Unfortunately, his momentum took him into the second man, body-slamming him into the table where the barrel of glyphward ink was sitting. There was a crash, and a low groan emitted from the downed man. Well, no need to worry over him much now. 

How do I get out? he mused; his way was blocked by the two able-bodied Radiants in front of him, whose blades were now out. Casting around him, he saw the winded Radiant he had slammed into earlier, with only a few of Vamah’s soldiers supporting him. That’ll be where I have to break through, Gilglin thought. He charged at the man, preparing to shove him away and jump over the table, and expecting little resistance; however, instinct took over, and the man grabbed the entire barrel of ink, quickly swinging it between himself and the charging Gilglin. The ardent was unable to spring away, and the flimsy sides broke, deluging the unfortunate Gilglin in gallons of ink. Scrabbling to clear his eyes, Gilglin did not see who lit the match and threw it at his blackened form, but he did know—and now felt—how quickly and effectively glyphward ink burnt. By the time all that was on him had burned away, his own spirit had long since risen as a final sacrifice to the Almighty. 

Sage Kangaroo was lynched! He was a Loyal Worldhopper

Vote Count: 

Sage Kangaroo (3): Indigo Weasel, Onyx Flamingo, Violet Axolotl
Indigo Weasel (1): Salmon Meerkat                     

Night 7 has begun! It will end in about 22.5 hours, at 9 PM EST on 16 January. 

Please do not forget that PMs are still CLOSED!

Player List

1. Amber Vulture: Jashi, Stormwarden Radiant Worldhopper
2. Amethyst Scorpion: Jesh, Lost Axehound Radiant Worldhopper
3. Chartreuse Penguin: Taladir, Gambler Radiant Worldhopper
4. Coral Swan: Germaine, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
5. Cream Tuatara: Dfyan, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
6. Emerald Falcon: Sein, Inquisitive Radiant Worldhopper
8. Ivory Dragonfly: Krask, Conspiracy Theorist Sympathizer Worldhopper
9. Magenta Albatross: Jonan Wikim, Lost Axehound (Gren) Sympathizer Worldhopper
10. Mauve Crocodile: Sernes, Paranoid Scout Radiant Worldhopper
11. Mint Heron: Sam, Once a Darkeyes Radiant Worldhopper
12. Onyx Flamingo: Kir, Kleptomaniac Scout
13. Opal Lion: Tnaidar, Scout Radiant Worldhopper
14. Pearl Chameleon: Purrl, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Radiant Worldhopper
15. Plum Rhinoceros: Logalog, Scholar Sympathizer Worldhopper
16. Quartz Zebra: Arauna Khadal, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Sympathizer Worldhopper
17. Saffron Iguana: Merinira, Scout Sympathizer Worldhopper
18. Sage Kangaroo: Gilglin, Ardent (Devotary of the Mind) Radiant Worldhopper
20. Scarlet Octopus: Max Mercury, Past Lives Sympathizer Worldhopper
21. Sunburst Toucan: Tafud, Slightly Crazy Radiant Worldhopper
22. Taupe Gecko: Brana, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
23. Turquoise Gorilla: Bomer, Gambler Radiant Worldhopper

Seriously? -_-'

Well then.

I doubt there's dustbringers tonight but if there are, i'd highly recommend you don't- there's 4 of us left, and one will die tonight due to elim kill. A 2v1 lynch can work, a 1v1... that is less likely to. unless we can go nuclear and just ensure one villager survives and the rest dont buuut thats not ideal imo

Its not me or flamingo- we did actions that weren't the kill, assuming no ones lying. so its weasel or meerkat. bleh time to do lots of thinking 

huh. Well. I guess it's not over then.

So going through everyone's claimed roles, I noticed Weasel claimed Bondsmith, but I don't see any manipulation with the vote. Is there a reason you didn't manipulate the vote weasel? 

That's the only thought I have as of right now. I'll try to add more thoughts a bit later. 

The sun was lower in the sky than it should be, and Kir was sure of it. Why was this night longer than any other night? 

“That’s the wrong question,” a voice boomed in his head. “The correct question is, have you considered that you had more time to live because of the longer night, before your existence was revoked?” 

Kir gulped. He had not considered that. Sadly, he would have no opportunity to, as the sun finally rose over Urithiru and he no longer existed, just as the Almighty GM had decreed. The reasons were to be filled in later, of course. But the insolence was up there. And the fact that someone had killed him. The GM considered a giant walrus killing him as the means of death, and ultimately decided against it. Why did it matter? The daylight hours were being frittered away, and Kir could have just died. Perhaps he did. Either way, he needed sleep and the players needed to decide who to butcher. Maybe they’d kill the giant walrus. 

Onyx Flamingo was killed! They were a Loyal Radiant Worldhopper!

Day Eight has begun! It will last 47 hours, and end at 9:00 PM EST on 18 January 2020. 

There was an error in previous playerlists which showed Magenta Albatross as an Odium Sympathiser. This is not the case, and his alignment flip of Loyal Knight/Village was correct.

PMs are still closed! Not that you’d get too much use out of them... :P 

Player List: 

1. Amber Vulture: Jashi, Stormwarden Radiant Worldhopper
2. Amethyst Scorpion: Jesh, Lost Axehound Radiant Worldhopper
3. Chartreuse Penguin: Taladir, GamblerRadiant Worldhopper
4. Coral Swan: Germaine, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
5. Cream Tuatara: Dfyan, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
6. Emerald Falcon: Sein, Inquisitive Radiant Worldhopper
8. Ivory Dragonfly: Krask, Conspiracy Theorist Sympathizer Worldhopper
9. Magenta Albatross: Jonan Wikim, Lost Axehound (Gren) Radiant Worldhopper
10. Mauve Crocodile: Sernes, Paranoid Scout Radiant Worldhopper
11. Mint Heron: Sam, Once a Darkeyes Radiant Worldhopper
12. Onyx Flamingo: Kir, Kleptomaniac Scout Radiant Worldhopper
13. Opal Lion: Tnaidar, Scout Radiant Worldhopper
14. Pearl Chameleon: Purrl, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Radiant Worldhopper
15. Plum Rhinoceros: Logalog, Scholar Sympathizer Worldhopper
16. Quartz Zebra: Arauna Khadal, Adolin’s Former Girlfriend Sympathizer Worldhopper
17. Saffron Iguana: Merinira, Scout Sympathizer Worldhopper
18. Sage Kangaroo: Gilglin, Ardent (Devotary of the Mind) Radiant Worldhopper
20. Scarlet Octopus: Max Mercury, Past Lives Sympathizer Worldhopper
21. Sunburst Toucan: Tafud, Slightly Crazy Radiant Worldhopper
22. Taupe Gecko: Brana, Scholar Radiant Worldhopper
23. Turquoise Gorilla: Bomer, Gambler Radiant Worldhopper

Good luck!

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Something tells me the GMs are losing ideas for the write-ups. Though this one was very unique and elegant. 

So as long as there's no hidden mechanic in play, I think that confirms the final elim is Weasel. So I'll place my vote there. My main reason for doing this is because last cycle, they claimed bondsmith, and then it appears failed to use it. This would have proved that they did not submit the kill, however, because they didn't use the action associated, it makes it seem more than likely to me that they submitted the kill.