Your favorite character from first Trilogy

TheWarriorPoet

Don't know if it was discussed or not so started a new thread.

Well my favorite characters in the book is Kelsier and I would love if Brandon do a short story on him. I know it was a important part of the story to kill him but he seems to be the only character who was larger than life in the book. And was most charismatic then any other. A short story on him would be awesome

A short story on him would be awesome

There is one. It's called 'The Eleventh Metal', and it used to be exclusive to the Mistborn Adventure Game, but due to the Shardhunt you can now view it for free at Sanderson's website. Enjoy. 

As for my favorite character, I'd really like to go for Kelsier, but I'll opt for the hipster option in this case and go for Marsh. 

If ever a short story were to be written of him, it should be called Eyes of a Seeker.

Edited by Ketek

Nah, Spikes of the Seeker.

My favorite would probably be Sazed. He has parts where he drives me up the wall, mostly in late WoA and most of HoA, but he seems the most human to me. You know despite the fact that he's now god and all. I just think his character developed a lot, and really kind of touched me.

Nah, Spikes of the Seeker.

My favorite would probably be Sazed. He has parts where he drives me up the wall, mostly in late WoA and most of HoA, but he seems the most human to me. You know despite the fact that he's now god and all. I just think his character developed a lot, and really kind of touched me.

Before he became ol' Ironeyes, I mean. 

Elend, because I relate to him a lot. I read at social situations, and have trouble leading. He goes through some truly excellent growth, and he inspires me. Also, he is awesome.

I do the same too! Don't really give a rust about it being inappropriate.

Allrianne. She's adorable, likes to shop, and wraps everyone around her finger with the quiver of a lip and sometimes the judicious use of Allomancy. I love her. A lot. Also, it's just nice to see a female character who is not a "strong" female character and is still well respected by the other females, and has a loving relationship with her daddy.

Well, I can certainly relate to Elend and his struggle with ideals (not sure if I agree with his ultimate decisions though). Sazed was my favorite character for the first book, largely because he was a scholar and a Feruchemist (a magic system that I am a super fan of up to this very day). However, Marsh became my favorite in the last book because of his very satisfying and redeeming ending to his character arc. In the end, he had just as much of a role to play as his brother.

I enjoyed Spook because he was so sidelined early on. He has an innocence about him. Maybe it's his openness with people? I don't know he just seemed brave- even emotionally. I tend to cheer for the underdog.

I also enjoyed Breeze because we see that even very insightful people still have their own issues. Sanderson does an excellent job of crafting complex, rich and realistic characters. 

I don't think I have any one favourite character, because even the people in the epigraphs have fully-fleshed character arcs. However, I am in awe of certain characters for sure. Kelsier for his charisma and leadership, Elend because of how he comes to temper practicality with idealism, Sazed because I identify with him strongly as a man of learning and faith with doubts, Vin because of her complimentary strength and vulnerability, and Marsh because of his indomitable will. Seriously, that guy managed to resist Ruin- a literal force of nature -every step of the way. There were even things to admire in Rashek, and I think that's the triumph of Sanderson's books- in spite of the insanity of their worlds, every character is completely human.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a tough decision...

If I had to choose, probably Sazed.

TenSoon was an awesome character, I enjoyed his growth and the decisions he made.

Breeze was a cool character too. I liked him a lot but once he got a viewpoint chapter and you get a little more insight into his mind, I had a new respect for him.

Kelsier, for being generally badass in every aspect.

Yeah, good cast.

Oh man. It's so hard to pick a favorite, isn't it? I love Spook so, so, SO much. Probably because he surprised me! I didn't think the quiet boy from the first book would end up being so boss by the end of the third. Can we have another series about Spook? Thanks.

But let's not lie. Kelsier is my forever boy.

Oh, I love Spook too! He stands at the top of my list along with Kelsier and Tensoon. I thought Tensoon's storyline was so interesting. He is different from his people, kind of how Sazed was different too. They didn't conform and made hard choices. Kelsier is awesomeness embodied and the king of tough choices. And who doesn't love Spook's street slang (or high imperial, haha).

It is magic how so many of the characters were fully developed and well developed too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah this is something which I don't think I'll ever fully agree with my decision on. I love the crew in the first book, the way they interacted with each other and how their individual personalities gelled together so picking from the first book alone is hard enough.

But, if I had to pick from the first trilogy I would say Ham. I like the fact that even as a Pewterarm he didn't feel as if he had any special abilities so to speak. Spook and Clubs were the same but I think it was his tendency towards spontaneous philosophical debates especially when Breeze was involved that made me pick him.

Like a lot of the people here, Elend is my favorite. Kelsier, Breeze, Spook, and Ham are close behind though. But I have to say, if you didn't like Ruin, you are completely crazy! Wait, he's a force of destruction? Ohhhh, it makes so much more sense now. :P

I'm gonna go with Elend. Cause when he was first brought in, i had the feeling that i was meant to dislike him, but i couldn't. And it wasn't the case anyway. His character got better and better. Even dealing with witnessing Vin smash open a mans head with her own head!

So Elend. Sazed and TenSoon were always interesting. That said I also thought Breeze was a great character too. One to admire.

Spook surprised me in the end. I liked him a lot more in the last book. Ham was fairly consistent.

And well, Kelsier doesn't need words to describe his character :)

• Chaos locked this topic