Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

On 5/18/2020 at 3:19 AM, Weltall said:

Oh yeah, there was an update to Hajimari's website last week but it was just the next chapter of Three and Nine so nothing to get excited about.

Just wait a little while longer, another Master Quartz is coming up that's really good for Emma. Well, any offensive caster but Emma's got the highest base EP so she can get a bit more out of it than anyone else.

Pandora?

That's definitely the character from the Three and Nine novel, no question. Which of course raises the question of how much of the novel's final events we can take at face value. (CS3 spoiler)

Spoiler

Whether the 'Emperor' and the Thousand Oathbreaker are the same person or otherwise related is a bit fuzzier. Before Swin and Nadia were revealed, it made perfect sense that they were one and the same since the numbers associated with the Moonlight Horse members absorbed into Ouroboros matched perfectly with the characters in the story. But now we know that Swin and Nadia are not the same people as the 'Golden Butterfly' and Sharon so the link between The Emperor (the fourth card of the major arcana) and the Fourth Anguis is open to question. The fact that Moonlight Horse no longer exists while the organization that trained Swin and Nadia still does suggests that if there is a connection, it's nowhere near as neat as we once thought.

Though one way to salvage the most direct theory is that Sharon doesn't have the full picture and at least some of the Moonlight Horse continues to exist, with the Fourth Anguis working with both groups in the same way that Shirley is both an Enforcer and still a leader within Red Constellation.

A couple other interesting tidbits to come out of that trailer include that returning characters aren't going to be locked into their most recent Craft list (Elie at least demonstrates an S-Craft from Ao that she didn't use in her CS4 appearance) and that Noel knows how to make a dynamic entry on a motorbike. xD

Edited by Weltall

Back under school! Finally can fight after a few days sessions of dialogue only. I do NOT like

Crows still green jacket! Ugh it should have been replaced by this time. It’s been weeks in game since he joined up. This booger jacket is an eyesore to look at! Hurry up red!

Ok on my free days I outfit everyone in their causal clothes because it’s obvious...they are off.

Im also for the first time loving Emma. Finally... this quartz while having less EP then Mirage and even with the increased cost of EP is worth it. I’m getting 4 in 1 kills on spells. Just throw on an EP field gain and she is golden right now.

Ok so does Mobieus increase EP items as well as HP? That maybe quite the team up if so on hard battles.

6 hours ago, Briar King said:

Ok so does Mobieus increase EP items as well as HP? That maybe quite the team up if so on hard battles.

Yes, it works on HP and EP both but not CP. And it gets even better at max level.

Phew I may have to load a older file before coming in school House to buy more freeze prevention accessories. Ugh I d have to lose these 5 lvls I’ve gained though.

this ice beast is messing me up

oh goody I can actually leave to shop! I thought the game was locked. Phew

Edited by Briar King

That thing spanked me so many times but then something beautiful happened I can really explain. On lvl 46 and I straight up curb stomped it solely by getting lucky enough to have the 1st few hits finally. It always had the 1st and usually whooped all 4 people forcing me to try to heal several rounds.

RNGesus smiled upon you that run. Mind you, if you have the Quartz or accessories for it, increasing SPD makes that sort of occurrence a lot more likely. Across the entire series, speed is the One Stat To Rule Them All.

4 hours ago, Weltall said:

RNGesus smiled upon you that run. Mind you, if you have the Quartz or accessories for it, increasing SPD makes that sort of occurrence a lot more likely. Across the entire series, speed is the One Stat To Rule Them All.

I can't say I remember focusing too much on speed ever, except on some characters that I made dodge tanks just because the two had a lot of overlap

40 minutes ago, Briar King said:

I hate Poms.

Hide contents

a lot

The shining ones are the best way to gain levels quickly, but normal attacks are useless, only 200CP S-crafts are any good against them.

I'm at risk of making up stuff though, shining poms still exist on Cold Steel, right?

23 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

The shining ones are the best way to gain levels quickly, but normal attacks are useless, only 200CP S-crafts are any good against them.

I'm at risk of making up stuff though, shining poms still exist on Cold Steel, right?

They're not random anymore. You need to use items for them.

I haven’t seen any shiny ones as of Ch 5. All of them are the devil though. The rate of missed hits is crazy and their whatever slurps can really take a toll.

Im loving Legram so far. Nothing has been as balling as Nord Plains but Legram is everything that Bareahard wasn’t...

3 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

They exist but as mentioned they aren't encountered in the same way in Cold Steel. Really, it's only in the Sky games that they occupy a similar position as the various Metal Slimes in the Dragon Quest games or what have you, with their combination of EXP, sepith drops and accessories. In the Crossbell games they're not as rewarding on EXP and drop U-Material instead of unique accessories and in the Cold Steel games you have to use rare and expensive in-game items (or buy DLC) to encounter them.

CS4 introduced the Golden Pom which functions similarly to Sky-era Shining Poms except that they reward you with tons of sepith mass which you can exchange for mira, instead of EXP or regular sepith, and they behave similarly in that they'll run away if you don't kill them quickly.

And the plot thickens. I’m by myself for the 1st time in over 2 weeks so I will be able to play more.

Also my list of suspects for Comrade Kylo Ren(C) just gets longer each chapter. Grr so many people being introduced or named with a C in name or title. I had 3 people until another was brought up in last nights gaming session.

Anyway I’m inching ever closer it appears to the prologue events. We ll see soon I guess.

Im also on a whim just goofing around trying to lvl up some of these low lvl totally unused master quartz.

40 minutes ago, Briar King said:

And the plot thickens. I’m by myself for the 1st time in over 2 weeks so I will be able to play more.

Also my list of suspects for Comrade Kylo Ren(C) just gets longer each chapter. Grr so many people being introduced or named with a C in name or title. I had 3 people until another was brought up in last nights gaming session.

Anyway I’m inching ever closer it appears to the prologue events. We ll see soon I guess.

Im also on a whim just goofing around trying to lvl up some of these low lvl totally unused master quartz.

C is obviously CRean

I don’t want to know. After last I’m hoping it ll throw a 5th suspect in for me to wonder about.

im really enjoying myself but I’ve been getting antsy...I wanna be on CS2. Those Japan sales really hit me and now I got 5-7 games I gotta get to and I just don’t see it happening before PS5 gets here.

As a matter of fact I ll list my possible suspects up to ch 5.

going off the assumption that everyone is like Comrade G using the letter of their 1st names I come up with Carl Regnitz which would just be all kinds of interesting after the kidnapping in Heimdallr and his role in trying to prevent it and getting injured, Cassius Bright who I don’t think I have yet met but they say he is a swordsman, and as of last night now Duke Cayenne, butttt I’m also kinda thinking just maybe he could be C for Chancellor Osborne cause he just screams bad guy.

cant wait to find out!

Ok I do NOT like fishing. I can tell I’m getting older cause when I do it kills my arm and hand. I usually give the controller to my son or daughter and use their young reflexes to catch fish. Had to catch a golden fish last night. Took 4 tries. Can still feel the numbness in my arm this AM.

ED oh my...I didn’t turn that in last night so quest was expired. Wonderful. Lucky I had a file not to far back I’ve already managed to catch up on but now I have to not only catch that thing again I gotta lvl up those other quartz.... grrr it was late and ambien was hitting....just went right past turning fish in apparently. Good thing I checked my notes before pushing on today.

Edited by Briar King

I totally love how dead the thread became not long after I started playing CS1 lmao.

Anyway I’m making my way through Lohengrin Castle. Pretty cool visuals even though it’s so basic a layout.

Glad I had that save file I was able to go back to for Golden Carp quest. That would have been my 1st expired quest. So lucky I just happened to check(I NEVER do) menu then on 1st start up of yesterday. 

All party is at lvl 50 minus the ones that ain’t in this group.