Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

CS3 ch 2 stuff

great to have Emma and Alisa back but it’s really messing with me not having them properly OP with magic.

Also I could totally get behind platinum haired Alisa if it didn’t change her eyes blue. Those red eyes must always stay. Man I just wish this feature was introduced back in CS1. I can’t bring myself to change my peeps color after so long a journey with them.

bout to get back on at 4pm in next few minutes.

27 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Is this an NPC?

Yep. There's this noble girl (sorry, can't remember the name and I'm not playing atm) who you meet during every field study and she's always taking control of her dad's wallet, buying expensive silks, later abusing his contacts to get privileges, etc, and I'm kinda curious what this all will lead up to, just for the fun of it. 

CS3 ch 2 stuff

l mentioned before back in CS2 I hated Geofront. I still do but thankfully it ain’t as bad this time. 

Got Olivert in party now but I’ve been doing the  dialogue round the passed 1hr and half and I still have more to go before I get to next fight phase so I won’t get to fight with him for another few hours likely.

12 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Yep. There's this noble girl (sorry, can't remember the name and I'm not playing atm) who you meet during every field study and she's always taking control of her dad's wallet, buying expensive silks, later abusing his contacts to get privileges, etc, and I'm kinda curious what this all will lead up to, just for the fun of it. 

Just as long as it’s spoiler tagged but as CS3 ch 2 she

hasn’t shown up yet.

I’ve been going really slow and trying to enjoy my time with CS3 ch 2 stuff

Emma, Alisa, Mach and Oli while I have access to them. I’m in Stargazers Tower just grinding and trying to really experiment with the Orders. Ha I’m at 103 hrs and only just doing this with regularity. I must admit to a bit of disappointment in the sub quartz addition as you can only tap into the 1st ability. I mean sure it’s still neat but I had OP wet dream expectations having two full quartz. Maybe that’s still coming..I ll find out in a few months lol.

CS4 and Hajimari do allow you to equip a MQ to as many Sub slots as you like instead of limiting it to one person each but otherwise no, you're restricted to the first ability, which is generally the most powerful anyways.

I do find some colors off in CS3 compared to 1&2. Ch 2 stuff

like Mach is green-green instead of green-brownish, Emma is super Sara like pink instead of brown-pink. Annabel is off as is Kenneth. Becky looks super weird going from blonde to now blonde-green. None of this really matters but it was eye catching enough to go load up CS1&2 just to see the differences.

Woke up this morning and had a huge 2 hour session. Finished ch 2.

satisfying and yet not. There isn’t a proper conclusion yet again we just leave... That said I think this whole part is one of my favorites of the series thus far. It was so fun and it gave me back my gal Emma for a few hours! The confrontation/convergence on Stargazer Tower’s roof was gold but why does Vita have that stupid side ponytail eyesore? Grr. Nice to have Crow back/enter the Gnome’s/one of two parties that are in the know about 1200 years ago(ok more mystery to dive in!) Loved how “easy” McBurn was this time around making it obvious how much OG C7 is progressing. Boo no Lloyd meeting in person besides the train skit.

16 hours ago, Briar King said:

I do find some colors off in CS3 compared to 1&2. Ch 2 stuff

Reveal hidden contents

like Mach is green-green instead of green-brownish, Emma is super Sara like pink instead of brown-pink. Annabel is off as is Kenneth. Becky looks super weird going from blonde to now blonde-green. None of this really matters but it was eye catching enough to go load up CS1&2 just to see the differences.

Also, Rean's ingame eye color was shifted from being silver/grey/slightly blue in CS1+2 to being purple in CS3. Interestingly, Rean's 2D art on the party screen, and promotional art for CS1+2 depicted him with a purple eye color, so it may be that for CS3 they decided to have his ingame eye color be consistent with the 2D art.

CS3 ch 3(!) stuff

well that was an interesting intro. War among the jaegers with Sara spying on them and a convergence of Ouroboros agents. Enter the lady(lord) who saved my bacon back in Legram in CS1. Enter Gaius and Jusis. Official welcome to Musse and Ash into NC7 which only took me 107 hours to reach... Welcome to Levees Becky and Linde. I look forward to others in future.

Im still pretty pissed off at the way the these 2 chapters end without a dialogue round.

Anyway I had to stop right when I got control of Rean on start to go pick my offspring up so I have lost my PS4 time for the remainder of the day. Will get back on in AM if he is asleep or at 4PM tomorrow.

Fell off for a bit, but Trails from Zero really has it's claws in me, finally. I'm in Chapter 4 now, so not too far from the end from what I understand.  It's a race between me to finish Zero and Geofront to finish and release Azure! 

Zeit and KeA took Zero from a middling JRPG experience with a party that I liked and even cared about to a next level JRPG party that I love.  

Edit: had a huge brain fart when posting 

Edited by NattyBo

I dunno, ZeA could be the portmanteau name for KeA riding on Zeit... sorry, I think my brain just had a cuteness overload imagining that.

2 hours ago, NattyBo said:

I'm in Chapter 4 now, so not too far from the end from what I understand.

Getting pretty close, yeah.