Spam Bots

Delightful

Well, at least if they're still around when Chaos switches to new negative rep levels we can find some use for them :)

I mean seriously, who thinks "Let's spam a forum with advertisements for black magic absolutely no one is foolish enough or desperate enough to believe in"?. It makes even less sense than "here's a site for free movies" spam. There's just no logic.

*shakes head in bewilderment*

They seem to just be coming in in the very early morning. Our spam service is up and running so I don't know what the deal is.

Hasn't had its morning coffee yet, probably. It's slackin' on the job. :P

I mean seriously, who thinks "Let's spam a forum with advertisements for black magic absolutely no one is foolish enough or desperate enough to believe in"?. It makes even less sense than "here's a site for free movies" spam. There's just no logic.

*shakes head in bewilderment*

Well, some people outside fantasy circles believe that we all are into occultism and black magic. Some people still think D&D players are satanists. So, spamming that kind of advertising into a site of fantasy nerds make kinda sense, if you ignore everything about us.

It's a "cast your net wide, even if that means getting a rusting, useless, frayed expanse of threads attached by some distant and convoluted remove" thing. The not that decides who to spam probably picks up on 'magic' and throws all relevantly-tagged posts at it.

It's a "cast your net wide, even if that means getting a rusting, useless, frayed expanse of threads attached by some distant and convoluted remove" thing. The not that decides who to spam probably picks up on 'magic' and throws all relevantly-tagged posts at it.

Precisely, Swim.

Ah. So there is a kind of weird convoluted logic to it.

So it found "fantasy" and thought "black magic love spells and relationship advice"?

...actually, yeah, I can see people thinking that...

I think that goes with 

spamming [us] make kinda sense, if you ignore everything about us.

:P

Edited by Delightful

Question is, if someone has enough Breath to power that monster of a spam bot.....why are they so poor they need to spam people for weird black magic? Is there something else going on here? Are they trying to start....a war? :o