The Newcago Court

Quiver

Distracted from her dancing, Elsa turned and saw the chocolate was gone.

Queen Elsa turned toward a row of servants, walking around serving root beer. "Gerda. We need more chocolate. Now."

This didn't half surprise them. They were well used to the Queen's obsession with chocolate.

Soon, maids started to bring in chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate mousse, chocolate pudding and chocolate cupcakes.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Winter burned steel to make sure. Yes, there was metal in the cookies. She knew it. Bronze told her that the maid was heavily Invested. Cookies. The particular Investiture signature belonged to Voidus.
"Can you not?" Winter asked, burning iron and Pulling a cookie towards her.

Unbeknownst to the dancing nobles, Cheese had secretly replace all the chocolate with sugar free chocolate. He had then proceeded to eat all 1,378 chocolate bars, 15 cakes, 1 ton of the ice cream, all the mousse, and all 10,324 cups of chocolate pudding. He regretted nothing. How a simple slice of cheese had managed this even he didn't know.

Brightness Random absently wondered at the taste of her fourth bowl of pudding. She had eaten the past three so quickly she had hardly realized that something about the chocolatey treat seemed a little off.

Suddenly suspicious, she licked a bit of pudding of the edge of her spoon and closed her eyes in thought. After a moment, she leapt to her feet.

"Someone," she shouted, "Has sabotaged my pudding!" 

Brightness Random absently wondered at the taste of her fourth bowl of pudding. She had eaten the past three so quickly she had hardly realized that something about the chocolatey treat seemed a little off.

Suddenly suspicious, she licked a bit of pudding of the edge of her spoon and closed her eyes in thought. After a moment, she leapt to her feet.

"Someone," she shouted, "Has sabotaged my pudding!"

"Newcago is cool, isn't it?"

Queen Elsa turned to the table and took a bowl of the chocolate pudding and tasted it.

"Duchess Random, you're right. It tastes a little off."

"Who would have the guts to sabotage a royal pudding?"

Queen Elsa snapped her fingers in frustration. Immediately, two guards stood at other end of the food table, watching the food. Then even more maids brought out, yes, even more chocolate flavoured food.

"I apologise for the sabotage, Duchess, I will try see that it is avoided."

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Little did they know, Redbird had replaced all of the cookies with raisin cookies!

Little did they know Cheese was planning the slaughter of the century, starting with redbird. Luckily, he fell unconsoius (however you spell that) from all the chocolate food he ate and forgot the past 24-hours. More specifiaclly his newfound hatred of Redbird

Little did they know that they actually knew what they didn't know that they knew.

Mind blown by Voidus' comment, Frodo rose and subtly moved to a nearby door. He entered the empty room, which had a staircase on the other side. He peaked down the stairs to check for sources of light or noise, but there were none, so he went downstairs and lit a torch mounted on the stone wall. He summoned his Shardblade and carved an altar for Voidus, the mighty god of things that people actually knew what they didn't know that they knew. Beside this he carved a stone statue into the chamber's wall, depicting Voidus holding a tray of cookies.

Edited by FrodoUnderhill

The duchess shook her head at the amount of cookie replacement going on and vowed not to eat anything she had not made with her own hands.

After enjoying the court's beautiful Valentine's Day fireworks - iceworks? -  for a few moments, she settled down for a re-read of The Way of Kings.

Glancing up from her book suspiciously, Brightness Random inspected the bowl of pudding. She turned back to her book. It looks so delicious... she thought, But, storm it, I said I wouldn't eat anything! With some difficulty, she returned her focus to the novel. 

She turned the page, then realized she hadn't absorbed any information on that last page. Sighing, the duchess flipped back, beginning the page a second time. Though she tried her best to ignore the bowl of chocolatey goodness beside her, her thoughts kept turning to it. do trust Queen Elsa... she thought, So what's the harm in one bowl? ...No. NO. I have to stay strong. Even if her majesty didn't put anything in it, who knows what someone else might have put in there? Spikes, raisin cookies.... sugar free chocolate? She shuddered. Besides, you vowed not eat anything, remember? 

Nodding to herself, she once again returned to her book. As she turned the page a second time, however, she noticed the bowl in her peripheral vision, sitting alluringly. Ahgh! Why is this so hard?! I said I'm not eating anything, and that's final! With that, she stared reading again. But before she could fully return her focus to the story, a thought struck her. 

What about root beer?

That thought was too much. Visiting Newcago or the Root Beer Bar without drinking a mug of the carbonated deliciousness was unthinkable. Of course root beer would be an exception. And if exceptions were being made... 

She dived for the bowl, quickly devouring all the pudding before glancing around the room. Her solemnly spoken "Not a word," was slightly ruined by the dab of pudding on her nose.