Young Bard

Whew, that post was up for quite a while, so I didn't want to edit it...and didn't want to double post.

So, here is our current player base:

• Xino
  • Randuir
  • CadCom
  • Alvron
  • Kidpen
  • Maill
  • Rath
  • Joe

I'm expecting there to be two elims remaining, although three is not out of the question.

Xino - slight elim read.  The D1 interaction with Elandera reads as potentially pocketing.  Other than that, Xino, as usual, has been keeping things fairly close to the vest.

Rand - slight village read.  As always, Rand is providing value/analysis regardless of alignment. 

CadCom - neutral read - a lot of this is dependent on how Alvron flips.  Village.Alvron probably moves this to slight elim read

Alvron - this is my vote for today unless someone can come up with some pretty compelling arguments otherwise

Kidpen - still don't really have anything here.  Definitely would like to hear more from you Kidpen.

Maill - strong village read for now

Joe - neutral read - Joe's votes thusfar have been Sart, Lumg, Steel.  The first two of which didn't result in a lynch.  Haven't gotten much in the way of rationale on these votes, but they seem reasonable...although based on other people's reasoning.  Might be the best lynch target if Alvron flips elim.

1 hour ago, Randuir said:

Could you explain this read a bit more? I'm having a hard time getting a solid read on Maill, myself.

I've been reading back through the thread...and I guess it's tough to quantify.  I think it's the fairly carefree tone I'm getting.  The vote on Steel D2 would have been good too.  Pulling the vote off CadCom and then not voting at all D3 is a rough look that I guess could pull Maill down to lean village...but he's got the strongest village vibes left for me right now.

4 hours ago, Randuir said:

Anyway, first note-worthy thing: the breath auction. I can think of a variety of reasons why someone of either alignment might do that, but I'm curious if Maill is willing to explain that one.

Maill was the first to vote on Ark. I'd say this is probably NAI, especially given how early it happened in the cycle. He also voted early on Steel C2, which does make him look better given how close things came to lynching Steel C2. I've already remarked on their voting last cycle. Overall Maill seems rather clean. I don't have a particularly solid read on him, but I'm leaning a bit village right now.

Why the auction? Because it seemed fun and I didn’t have enough breath to do anything on my own. Figured someone with other breath could put more use to my 3 than I could and this way, I’d have access to some of their ability as the cost of the breath. I did almost lynch Steel with that agreement from Lum. 

I mostly agree with rath still. Alv and then cadCom would be my suspicions, but CadCom isn’t as high anymore now that steel’s dead. Kidpen would also be a suspicion for an inactive Shadow, maybe Xino too. 

Well, current vote count:

• Alvron (4) - Randuir, xino, CadCom, Rath

@Kidpen @A Joe in the Bush @Alvron - Any thoughts today?

@Mailliw73 - Willing to put a vote down for the day?  You seem to be implying Avron would be your vote.

Also, CadCom seems to have blocked us from his profile?  I think that's what makes those post links break?  (Might have been due to the return of the standard CadCom avatar?)

11 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Also, CadCom seems to have blocked us from his profile?  I think that's what makes those post links break?  (Might have been due to the return of the standard CadCom avatar?)

I totally didnt mean to block you all. I dont know how that happened. I'll see if I can fix it when I get to a PC 

21 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

You linked to posts in the Cycle 3 thread. Those links all died when that thread got merged with the main thread.

I will definitely vote. I will probably vote for Joe at least until Alv confesses. I think Joe has been more off this game than normal and I'm struggling for who else I think would be the last Shadow if Alv/CadCom is one. 

Izzy was both happy and sad.  Happy that one of the false Shadows had been killed but sad that for some reason everyone thought she was also a Shadow.  It didn't help matters that they continued to confuse her with this Alvron person.

Internally Izzy sighed.  It wasn't easy being a Lifeless that could think.  She was trapped in her body unable to talk or even act outside the Commands given to her.  If she had been able to speak she would told the others looking at her with murder in their eyes that she wasn't a Shadow and had only voted on Ch. Aracter TBA last Day because she had been approached by another who had asked her to do so.

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

I will definitely vote. I will probably vote for Joe at least until Alv confesses. I think Joe has been more off this game than normal and I'm struggling for who else I think would be the last Shadow if Alv/CadCom is one. 

Ah, yes, I who tried to get Steel lynched, who was online right at the end, and could have switched my vote to CadCom easily to ensure Steel wasn't lynched. I am certainly very suspicious.

And before someone asks again, I don't have any significant thoughts at the moment. I still want to wait and see what happens.

2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Ah, yes, I who tried to get Steel lynched, who was online right at the end, and could have switched my vote to CadCom easily to ensure Steel wasn't lynched. I am certainly very suspicious.

And before someone asks again, I don't have any significant thoughts at the moment. I still want to wait and see what happens.

Yeah, I know. I'm not sure who the last one is. 

Well then. This is pretty interesting. I'm going to stick my vote on Alvron Izzy largely because of the interactions with Sart. I was very much feeling like one (but not both) of them are an elim, and now that we have Sart confirmed as village, Izzy seems like the best target.

5 hours ago, Alvron said:

Izzy was both happy and sad.  Happy that one of the false Shadows had been killed but sad that for some reason everyone thought she was also a Shadow.  It didn't help matters that they continued to confuse her with this Alvron person.

Internally Izzy sighed.  It wasn't easy being a Lifeless that could think.  She was trapped in her body unable to talk or even act outside the Commands given to her.  If she had been able to speak she would told the others looking at her with murder in their eyes that she wasn't a Shadow and had only voted on Ch. Aracter TBA last Day because she had been approached by another who had asked her to do so.

This is a slightly weird post. Why did you do what this person asked? Was it Sart or someone else? I kind of wish I had made this post earlier now, because I would've preferred to see if Izzy says anything more later. 

Edit: Oh, I got 2 breath from Steel's lynch. So that translates to at least 10 breath, if my math is correct.

Edited by Kidpen

Well, Xino and Alv are the only two who didn't vote for Steel, aside from me. 

Joe. I just don't have anything better. Steel was my best lead, but I don't feel like I actually have an evil read on anyone else, but the votes just point to those two. 

49 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

This is a slightly weird post. Why did you do what this person asked? Was it Sart or someone else? I kind of wish I had made this post earlier now, because I would've preferred to see if Izzy says anything more later. 

Izzy pondered the questions.  She couldn't explain why she did it but she could point to the one who had asked.  And the finger pointed to M'Malil.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Izzy pondered the questions.  She couldn't explain why she did it but she could point to the one who had asked.  And the finger pointed to M'Malil.

That's interesting, but the more damning vote was your vote in C2 that directly rescued steel from the lynch. Was there outside influence on that one as well?

@Mailliw73, do you have anytging to add to this?

Izzy looked around at the assembled mob, face completely neutral.

She'd followed orders. She'd done her best to try to catch and eliminate the False Shadows - she'd been mistaken about the Steel, which had seemed harmless, but there was nothing that could be done about it now.

She couldn't talk, couldn't defend himself. Her orders did not call for her to do these things. There was nothing to be done about this either.

She would have liked, before she died again, to have fulfilled her orders - but that couldn't be helped. She was trapped in by the wall of people, nearly everyone united against him.

Izzy wasn't all that worried about dying. She'd done it once already. It wasn't all that bad.

Rath knew he had a target on his back - he'd gone after Steel, had been the one to plunge the killing blow. He'd felt a wealth of Breaths flow into him, and knew that the Steel's allies would want that power back.

He'd sealed himself into a room - and barricaded himself in. The doors had been barricaded, the windows had been bricked up, and he was confident that no person would be able to get back inside without a hard fight. A bunny, however, would have no such problems getting inside.

The village heard screams in the night, and rushed to help, but every entrance was sealed. It was the next morning by the time they were able to crash through an opening, by which point Rath was long dead. There were scratch marks by the front door, where he'd sealed himself in from his own paranoia.

Izzy Dedyet (Alvron) was lynched! They were a member of the Hallandren Alliance!
Rathmaskal was killed by the Black Shadows! They were a member of the Hallandren Alliance!

Vote Count:
Alv(6): Rand, Xinoehp, CadCom, Rath, Kidpen, Mailliw

Player List:
Steeldancer - Awakened Steel
Xinoehp - Thaerb
Ark1002 - Katie the Koloss
Elandera - Turquoise-Bellied Alligator (TBA)
Randuir - in
CadCom - Ch. Aracter TBA
Alvron - Izzy Dedyet
Lumgol - N'Nairim
Kidpen - Buffy the Black Shadow Slayer
Devotary - Hohelin
Maill - M'Malil
Rathmaskal
Sart - Sart
Joe - Jeo

Edited by Young Bard

So, if not Alv, then who? I mentioned last cycle that I can see a cadcom-Xinoehp team-up, but Alvron's reveal that apparently Mailliw had asked him to vote for cadcom is intersting. In and of itself its understandable as mailliw seems rather suspicious of cadcom. However, Mailliw didn't bring this forward in defence of Alvron when the votes starts piling up on him, and that is suspicious imo.

I'll take a look around to see if I can figure out who a potential team-mate for elim!mailliw could be.

Edited by Randuir

So there's 6 of us left, and potentially(in my opinion, almost certainly) two of us are elims. I believe that this puts us essentially at lylo, because if an elim isnt lynched, then we are tied in numbers. I will do more of an in depth analysis a bit later, but two things that really stand out to me are my increasingly conflicting views of Maill, and how Randuir has flown completely under the radar of most people's suspicions. When I get to a computer I'll try to put together a more in depth analysis about this. 

On a second glance, this isn’t as clear as I thought it was. I thought I had already shared that I had encouraged votes on CadCom to see if Steel would be willing to switch from Alv. I wanted to see if CadCom was a likely teammate for Steel. 

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

On a second glance, this isn’t as clear as I thought it was. I thought I had already shared that I had encouraged votes on CadCom to see if Steel would be willing to switch from Alv. I wanted to see if CadCom was a likely teammate for Steel. 

That might have been what you intended to say, but not what I understood from it.  I read it to mean that you just considered yourself responsible because you'd been championing the 'lynch cadcom' side of things, rather than you'd been actively recruiting people to vote that way in PM's, and that seems like something that you'd state explicitly if you wanted to share it (Aluminium hat-theory: Sart got killed by the elims to hide that this recruitment was going on by elim!Maill, which made the lynch of Alvron go smoother).

Anyway, based on their positions on the steel wagon, I'm leaning fairly village on Joe and Kidpen. That leaves me a suspect-pool of just 3 players, being cadcom, mailliw and Xinoehp. If we assume 3 elims, then 2 of these 3 need to be evil. I don't think Mailliw and cadcom are both evil (and if they are, then i congratulate them on their acting-skills), so the elim team would either be cadcom and Xinoehp or Mailliw and Xinoehp. I feel like the pairing of Xinoehp-cadcom fits slightly better due to the way Xinoehp seemed somewhat protective of cadcom during C1.

So, the safest option would seem to be lynching Xinoehp, as by my estimate he's guaranteed to be evil. Of course, that leaves resolving mailliw/cadcom to the next cycle, but something might help make it clearer which of them would be evil.

However, I don't feel 100% certain excluding @A Joe in the Bush and @Kidpen from the list of suspects, because both of them have been pretty quiet, so I'd love to hear some thoughts from them.

For now I'll lodge a vote against Xinoehp.

33 minutes ago, Randuir said:

That might have been what you intended to say, but not what I understood from it.  I read it to mean that you just considered yourself responsible because you'd been championing the 'lynch cadcom' side of things, rather than you'd been actively recruiting people to vote that way in PM's, and that seems like something that you'd state explicitly if you wanted to share it (Aluminium hat-theory: Sart got killed by the elims to hide that this recruitment was going on by elim!Maill, which made the lynch of Alvron go smoother).

Anyway, based on their positions on the steel wagon, I'm leaning fairly village on Joe and Kidpen. That leaves me a suspect-pool of just 3 players, being cadcom, mailliw and Xinoehp. If we assume 3 elims, then 2 of these 3 need to be evil. I don't think Mailliw and cadcom are both evil (and if they are, then i congratulate them on their acting-skills), so the elim team would either be cadcom and Xinoehp or Mailliw and Xinoehp. I feel like the pairing of Xinoehp-cadcom fits slightly better due to the way Xinoehp seemed somewhat protective of cadcom during C1.

So, the safest option would seem to be lynching Xinoehp, as by my estimate he's guaranteed to be evil. Of course, that leaves resolving mailliw/cadcom to the next cycle, but something might help make it clearer which of them would be evil.

However, I don't feel 100% certain excluding @A Joe in the Bush and @Kidpen from the list of suspects, because both of them have been pretty quiet, so I'd love to hear some thoughts from them.

For now I'll lodge a vote against Xinoehp.

That sounds good to me. If we have enough items, we can also rolebock mailliw and cadcom.

Xinoehp

I would definitely prefer a maill lynch than a xino lynch, but rands arguments do make sense, so xinoehp. I also want to do a more detailed analysis of why I prefer maill. I just dont have time right now. 

5 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

That sounds good to me. If we have enough items, we can also rolebock mailliw and cadcom.

do we have enough items? 

Xinoehp for now, but I'm going to look over this and think it over more clearly before the end of the cycle.