Presidential Election  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be President?

• I think I am here.
    • AonEne (current President)

9 minutes ago, AonEne said:

It's totally fine! I wasn't clear enough. I now have 73 Eggs. (Keeping track, lalala, not breaking my own rule.)

I would agree with that, but think a new category of list should be created to display Failed Proposals. That way we don't lose them and have to hunt them down in the thread if we want to try again.

Since it has now been two pages since I posted last, I come forward on behalf of the currently informal Merchants Guild to present the Wandering Commerce Addendum. According to the Trading Rule (Rule 8), players may exchange points/Eggs for goods and services, or simply gift points. Due to the nature of the Merchants Guild, it is only appropriate that Merchants have a particular obligation to the act of buying and selling. Thus, the Wandering Commerce Addendum:

• Wandering Merchants can post consecutively without losing the status of Wandering Merchant if the following posts pertain only to the selling of the Merchant's wares. This allows for players to bargain and counteroffer with the Merchant appropriately. Bears. [so it rhymes]

In addition, I wish to gain formal recognition for the Merchants Guild. The Merchants Guild Act creates an official institution comprising of Wandering Merchants and offers a medium through which the goals of the collective Merchants may be accomplished.

After reading through Meta's list of current and proposed rules, I have noticed that the Wandering Merchant Exclusion is not present. @MetaTerminal, is this an error? I know that there is at least one vote supporting it (yours :P).

Penguins.jpg

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

9 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Okay so moderator hat on for a moment, I'm going to need to nix the reputation point rule. I think it's far too likely to lead to reputation manipulation on the site.

The Reputation Rule is hereby considered to be taken out of effect - points already rewarded shall not be deducted, as per the Paradox.

I shall do vote counts and egg counts later this afternoon. After that, Ene’s Second Rule will take effect 24 hours afterwards. :3

Edited by MetaTerminal

14 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Okay so moderator hat on for a moment, I'm going to need to nix the reputation point rule. I think it's far too likely to lead to reputation manipulation on the site.
*Moderator hat off*
:3

Ene would just like to point out that she mentioned this.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Ene would just like to point out that she mentioned this.

Voidus would like to thank Ene for this and is sorry he didn't manage to mention this before the rule was implemented, he knows this was somewhat against the spirit of the game but thanks everybody for their understanding.

15 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Voidus would like to thank Ene for this and is sorry he didn't manage to mention this before the rule was implemented, he knows this was somewhat against the spirit of the game but thanks everybody for their understanding.

Voidus is either wearing a third-person hat, has been possessed by Sudiov, or is dissociating. Perhaps all of the above? :3

4 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Voidus is either wearing a third-person hat, has been possessed by Sudiov, or is dissociating. Perhaps all of the above? :3

Ene agrees that it's probably all of the above.

17 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Per Paradox, you have only received 10 (alongside Hemalurgic and Ene. My rep just slid outside the time period...)

No, I found a loophole, the rule was:

For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points.

I was awarded a total of 5 reputation, all to posts between the voting in of the rule and now.

Edited by AonDii
I now have info

4 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule.

The Reputation Rule does not specifically supersede this, and thusly only 10 Eggs are awarded. :3

@AonDii

Edited by MetaTerminal

1 minute ago, AonDii said:

I know, it doesnt apply to posts made in the past

The only reputation received by one of your posts on this was the seventh post - since the Reputation Points Rule was enacted at the end of Page 10, you only receive 10 points. Reputation earned on posts before enaction don’t count. :3

2 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

The only reputation received by one of your posts on this was the seventh post - since the Reputation Points Rule was enacted at the end of Page 10, you only receive 10 points. Reputation earned on posts before enaction don’t count. :3

It doesn't specifically state that the posts are in this thread

2 hours ago, AonDii said:

It doesn't specifically state that the posts are in this thread

In which case, it’s probably good that it was revoked...

If you provide evidence of the other upvotes, I’ll factor it into the Egg counts. :3

FIRST OFFICIAL EGGS COUNT:

Spoiler

Please note that exactly 24 hours after the posting of this list, anyone not in accord with Ene’s Second Rule will be UNO-able. If you have queries about your Egg amount, then just contact me in the thread.

Edited by MetaTerminal

Hello I'm joining the game
I have -10 Eggs

Votes for

Spoiler

16. Voidus' Law of unfair advantage.
29. The chessboard rule
41. The spikes rule
43. The brevity act
56. The musical page proposal
62. Ene's third rule
67. Jaywalks first decleration
68. Voidus' law of things
73. Voidus's ultimatum of doom
95. The Corporations Rule

Votes against

Spoiler

26. The self punishment act
27. The fair play act 
30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game
40. The taxation rule

46. The law of inactivity
47. The discord of disrupts
49. Dapper Anti rule 15Act
50. Discard proposal
52. The internal consistency plea
57. New Rule proposal
60. The proposal proposal
66. Ene's Fourth rule
74. Macthorsten's government increase of efficiency proposal
77. The settler's of disputes
78. The Fonz rule
79. First rule of Idiocy:
86. The Bold Text Initiative
87. The Rule of Egg Puns
88. The Continuation of Democracy
89. The Relevancy Rule
94. The Let Fate Decide Rule
96. law of people who obsessively correct other's grammar

Animal

Spoiler

d

I propose rule 97. The forgotten naming scheme: All points shall henceforth be called "stygian drops" or "drops". 10 drops will be called a "forgetful water balloon" or "water balloon". 100 drops will be called a puddle.
I vote both in favor of The forgotten naming scheme 
I also vote to strike the forgotten naming scheme.

I would also like to propose the actually fair start amendment which amends rule 37 so that new players have a minimum of 0 Eggs.