1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You know, I just realized it would be absurdly easy for Epics to take over Alethkar. Just have the female Epics hold up their uncovered safehands while the male Epics read something. :P

Wait, which hand is the safehand? Because it might be the missing one.

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You know, I just realized it would be absurdly easy for Epics to take over Alethkar. Just have the female Epics hold up their uncovered safehands while the male Epics read something. :P

Imagine Alethkar!Fifty Shades of Gray. 

1 minute ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Wait, which hand is the safehand? Because it might be the missing one.

The left hand is I believe.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Imagine Alethkar!Fifty Shades of Gray. 

Please, no, this should never happen.

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

Isn't that basically what the book already is?

I remember hearing a fan theory some years ago that Bella actually falls in love with a statue and the entire series is the  increasingly bizarre story she tells herself about their romance. 

1 minute ago, breakingamber said:

Uh, what does that mean?

It means that the Alethi would be so incensed by the sight of exposed safehands and men reading that the Epics could pretty much just walk into Kholinar and take over. 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

It means that the Alethi would be so incensed by the sight of exposed safehands and men reading that the Epics could pretty much just walk into Kholinar and take over. 

While secretly being aided by Jasnah, who was getting annoyed by her people's bizarre cultural hangups.

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I remember hearing a fan theory some years ago that Bella actually falls in love with a statue and the entire series is the  increasingly bizarre story she tells herself about their romance. 

Ah. Also, this is probably that theory.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

To be fair, Twilight and Fifty Shades aren't really comparable except in the fact 50 was fic of Twilight. Twilight was a so-so YA romance with the typical mildly problematic genre trappings. Fifty Shades of Gray is Red's favorite book. 

Really? I'd have though Red was the type of person who thought the book was too tame, and then went to the internet to look for fanfics.

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

To be fair, Twilight and Fifty Shades aren't really comparable except in the fact 50 was fic of Twilight. Twilight was a so-so YA romance with the typical mildly problematic genre trappings. Fifty Shades of Gray is Red's favorite book. 

The discovery of a book that topped Fifty Shades on Red's favorite list in a Houston used bookstore is what prompted Obliteration to destroy the city.

13 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

17 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

This would make it so much more readable.

Just now, Kobold King said:

The discovery of a book that topped Fifty Shades on Red's favorite list in a Houston used bookstore is what prompted Obliteration to destroy the city.

And he was aided in this by Moral Guardian, who was so shocked by the fact that humanity could produce something like this that went apoplectic immediately afterwards.