On 8/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, breakingamber said:

So... um... couple questions.

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles: Would Jade and Nathan even stick around for the meeting? Seems like they'd just hightail it out of there as soon as something looked vaguely like 'a bunch of Epics in the same location'.

@Comatose: I was told that you could contact Saze? Would you be willing to do so

@Voidus: How do you plan to coordinate the timeskip and stuff involving your two characters outside the time bubble?

Hope I haven't irritated all the mods... oh wait. On a side note, I wish I'd thought through my character a little better. I'm rewriting her and her backstory left and right, and I just know there's  bunch of contradictions in my posts I've yet to notice.

Contradictory backstories? Hahahahaha, you should see my timelines. I'm shoving "character ages" under my bed sheepishly and hoping absolutely nobody squints too hard. (It's not just Kokichi too, one of the main three from my original project is temporally confused too.)

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Contradictory backstories? Hahahahaha, you should see my timelines. I'm shoving "character ages" under my bed sheepishly and hoping absolutely nobody squints too hard. (It's not just Kokichi too, one of the main three from my original project is temporally confused too.)

Haha, I thought you said 'temporarily confused' for a minute there, and thought, 'isn't everybody?'

I'm probably going to iron out some more of the kinks as I keep writing and revising what I've already written, but at the end of the day I know I'm just not a very good writer. I do hope to become better with time and practice though. 

Also, does anyone revise their posts they've already made because something was off or you'd written something wrongly or something just seems OOC etc.?

7 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I did that with Drake once because I had a character who was better at predicting other's actions then I am, and they should have predicted Drake's response, as the conversation was leading that way.

See that's why I always either make my characters on the slow side, mentally (e.g., Phytomagnet getting easily fooled by Kokichi) or absurdly smart to the point of clairvoyance (because then I can just ask people what they're planning).

4 hours ago, Weirdpersonx said:

See that's why I always either make my characters on the slow side, mentally (e.g., Phytomagnet getting easily fooled by Kokichi) or absurdly smart to the point of clairvoyance (because then I can just ask people what they're planning).

I just give my characters Absolutely Over The Top Personalities All The Time and let that guide their actions, no matter how stupid that seems from my perspective. It tends to work... okay? I'm not good at telling what people intend to do, so actually trying to react to their plans in character before or as they happen is pretty much as doomed to end badly for the characters as relying on their Absolutely Over The Top world views. At least having them Absolutely Over The Top ends weirder and funnier. 

10 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I just give my characters Absolutely Over The Top Personalities All The Time and let that guide their actions, no matter how stupid that seems from my perspective. It tends to work... okay? I'm not good at telling what people intend to do, so actually trying to react to their plans in character before or as they happen is pretty much as doomed to end badly for the characters as relying on their Absolutely Over The Top world views. At least having them Absolutely Over The Top ends weirder and funnier. 

Hm... that sounds like an interesting strategy, but it also sounds difficult for one to relate to that kind of character. For me, it's usually just strange and awkward rather than weird and funny. 

Although I guess that's the basis for cringe comedy.

9 hours ago, breakingamber said:

cringe comedy.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*continue high pitched screaming to taste*

On 8/12/2019 at 9:38 AM, breakingamber said:

Hm... that sounds like an interesting strategy, but it also sounds difficult for one to relate to that kind of character. For me, it's usually just strange and awkward rather than weird and funny. 

Although I guess that's the basis for cringe comedy.

Just make the over the top personality an exaggeration of something that you already are. 

EDIT: On an unrelated note, is anyone else into the SCP Foundation? Because I jsut got into it, and dear lord does Doctor Clef remind me of Deathwish, a comparison that nobody should ever deserve. 

Edited by winter devotion

12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Just make the over the top personality an exaggeration of something that you already are. 

EDIT: On an unrelated note, is anyone else into the SCP Foundation? Because I jsut got into it, and dear lord does Doctor Clef remind me of Deathwish, a comparison that nobody should ever deserve. 

Scp foundation is great. Clef is interesting as well. I also really like the concept behind Bright.

7 hours ago, kenod said:

Scp foundation is great. Clef is interesting as well. I also really like the concept behind Bright.

It's delightful. There's so much content, and the meta's simply fascinating. Only problem is the dilemma I always face when getting into anything: do I wanna finish so I can contribute to the conversation or do I wanna keep enjoying the experience of consuming!

EDIT: Thinking of writing a containment procedure for Ko and Red. Somehow, Red continues to be incredibly compatible with other settings.

3 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Thinking of writing a containment procedure for Ko and Red. Somehow, Red continues to be incredibly compatible with other settings.

Red would be fairly simple I think, as long as her room is hermetically sealed (or at least isn't capable of letting fluids out). Kokichi would be a lot harder. Telekill alloy or Scranton reality anchors might work, but other than that I don't really know. Maybe something psychological could work?

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Red would be fairly simple I think, as long as her room is hermetically sealed (or at least isn't capable of letting fluids out). Kokichi would be a lot harder. Telekill alloy or Scranton reality anchors might work, but other than that I don't really know. Maybe something psychological could work?

Kokichi probably wouldn't be too much of a problem, actually, as long as they didn't hate being there and was given plenty of stuff to chill out with. If they wanted out, they'd get out, but if they knew that getting out would mean being hunted down by some tots hardcore dudes they probs shouldn't mess with, lol, they'd stick around. Maybe learn a bit about science and get an education. And also, perhaps, some Aderall. 

5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Kokichi probably wouldn't be too much of a problem, actually, as long as they didn't hate being there and was given plenty of stuff to chill out with. If they wanted out, they'd get out, but if they knew that getting out would mean being hunted down by some tots hardcore dudes they probs shouldn't mess with, lol, they'd stick around. Maybe learn a bit about science and get an education. And also, perhaps, some Aderall. 

Maybe, but I don't think the foundation would accept the fact that they don't want to leave as enough security, especially given the thread to normalcy someone like Kokichi would pose.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Maybe, but I don't think the foundation would accept the fact that they don't want to leave as enough security, especially given the thread to normalcy someone like Kokichi would pose.

Fair. I'm just getting into how they handle reality warpers, so I'm not sure how their abilities would interact with them. I doubt it would be possible to completely stop Kokichi's powers, because there are long term subtler affects that are about their role in the narrative. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

Fair. I'm just getting into how they handle reality warpers, so I'm not sure how their abilities would interact with them. I doubt it would be possible to completely stop Kokichi's powers, because there are long term subtler affects that are about their role in the narrative. 

Depends on how strong the warper is I think. Reality anchors have been used I think, and so have artificial comas. In a lot of cases they just terminate them I think, though it does depend on the power level of the reality warper and their sanity. It has been noted in some canons that a lot of anomalous individuals are allowed to walk free because the foundation lacks manpower, like with type blues (mages). I think most reality warpers are just terminated though if they can't be safely contained.

Just now, kenod said:

Depends on how strong the warper is I think. Reality anchors have been used I think, and so have artificial comas. In a lot of cases they just terminate them I think, though it does depend on the power level of the reality warper and their sanity. It has been noted in some canons that a lot of anomalous individuals are allowed to walk free because the foundation lacks manpower, like with type blues (mages). I think most reality warpers are just terminated though if they can't be safely contained.

Kokichi's strength is kinda a weird thing, because it's so contextual. 

Kokichi's strength is kinda a weird thing, because it's so contextual. 

I think the lack of control would make them a threat though. There's also the fact that they might just punch their way out of any prison you put them in, which is probably what would make containing them really difficult. On the other hand, if the researchers are aware of what their powers do they might be able to abuse certain tropes to keep them contained.

Just now, kenod said:

I think the lack of control would make them a threat though. There's also the fact that they might just punch their way out of any prison you put them in, which is probably what would make containing them really difficult. On the other hand, if the researchers are aware of what their powers do they might be able to abuse certain tropes to keep them contained.

They couldn't actually punch their way out. It'd be a bit more complicated than that and probably hard to plan out without just doing it. Same on my end-- I couldn't explain what they'd do. Very flexible, that one. 

Man, I love my smol chaotic child, who, chronologically speaking, is actually several years older than me. 

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Man, I love my smol chaotic child, who, chronologically speaking, is actually several years older than me. 

Mental age has always been more important than physical age.

12 minutes ago, kenod said:

Mental age has always been more important than physical age.

In terms of mental age, I'd put them somewhere between immortal and eleven. 

EDIT: Update. Upon further exploration of "The Lores," I have determined I may have misidentified a certain character. Dr. Clef is actually Nighthound wearing a silly hat. 

14 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Update. Upon further exploration of "The Lores," I have determined I may have misidentified a certain character. Dr. Clef is actually Nighthound wearing a silly hat. 

Nah, Clef actually has a semi-functional moral compass and a sense of responsibility.

Unless you're reading Lolfoundation stuff of course.

6 minutes ago, kenod said:

Nah, Clef actually has a semi-functional moral compass and a sense of responsibility.

Unless you're reading Lolfoundation stuff of course.

Not sure-- Just read the stuff on Incident 239-b so far. 

I like the patchwork style of canon. :)

4 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Not sure-- Just read the stuff on Incident 239-b so far. 

I like the patchwork style of canon. :)

Cool, haven't read that one myself yet. I think that one is fairly old though, I think his characterization has moved on somewhat since then.

Just now, kenod said:

Cool, haven't read that one myself yet. I think that one is fairly old though, I think his characterization has moved on somewhat since then.

Ah, yeah, I think it was from 2012? I'll check out some newer stuff, eventually. Once I get a good grip on... like, anything. 

Ah, yeah, I think it was from 2012? I'll check out some newer stuff, eventually. Once I get a good grip on... like, anything. 

Cool. Just keep in mind there's a good chance you're reading Lolfoundation stuff, which is a lot different from modern stories and SCPs.