Just now, breakingamber said:

Alright, this made me laugh so hard. Unfortunately, I was TAing for a speech class while someone was speeching just after a particularly bad stumble, so now I'm sitting outside in the hall for a minute or two.

I'm sorry, I think? 

Also @Sazedezas if you wanted to work together to write Karabiner and Epoch talking before the meeting we can do that (possibly working on it concurrently with the meeting since we'll eventually post all of the stuff in sequence anyway), otherwise I'm going to drop that and focus mainly on moving the meeting forwards.

Speaking of the meeting, does anyone have plans for saying something to the question about Doubletake's death? To my knowledge none of our characters actually know what happened to Doubletake but if somebody wanted to say something (or stage an assassination or whatever :P) the door is open. Otherwise I'll probably move things along.

14 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Oh hey guys, I'm back. Gone all this week, so I didn't see y'all. I suppose I'll check the doc? And there's also an interrogation doc?

That's for the Quietus/Red & Jacklyn scene. It's worse than you think and we're not even too far in. 

I was Red in my dream last night. It was Red Lite, barely in any detail, because dreams and thank goodness for that, but still. Still. You know that quote that goes "Do you think God lives in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he created?" Yeah, that's me with this very special and respectable individual sometimes. 

I've been drawing her a whole bunch since I've included her in my webcomic project and it's certainly interesting. 

14 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

That's for the Quietus/Red & Jacklyn scene. It's worse than you think and we're not even too far in. 

I was Red in my dream last night. It was Red Lite, barely in any detail, because dreams and thank goodness for that, but still. Still. You know that quote that goes "Do you think God lives in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he created?" Yeah, that's me with this very special and respectable individual sometimes. 

I've been drawing her a whole bunch since I've included her in my webcomic project and it's certainly interesting. 

Huh. Well, I'll leave you to that...

I just sent you guys friend requests on Discord. Mine is Weirdpersonx#5543. If you'd like, you could all join my server (it's mostly inactive) and I'll give you all a tag saying you're from here. That way people can just @.Reckoners and we'll be good.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, MrakeDarshall said:

Also @Sazedezas if you wanted to work together to write Karabiner and Epoch talking before the meeting we can do that (possibly working on it concurrently with the meeting since we'll eventually post all of the stuff in sequence anyway), otherwise I'm going to drop that and focus mainly on moving the meeting forwards.

Speaking of the meeting, does anyone have plans for saying something to the question about Doubletake's death? To my knowledge none of our characters actually know what happened to Doubletake but if somebody wanted to say something (or stage an assassination or whatever :P) the door is open. Otherwise I'll probably move things along.

Yeah, we can do that. My musical has been optioned for the spring performance instead of the fall one, so I've got a tiny bit more time on my hands and it should be enough for this RP.

20 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Yeah, we can do that. My musical has been optioned for the spring performance instead of the fall one, so I've got a tiny bit more time on my hands and it should be enough for this RP.

Do you have a script I could look at? I am somewhat interested in reading things, and I don't know what to read now that I've gone through most of the Urban Fantasy Literature TVTropes page.

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Have you read Worm?

I was gonna say that :P

7 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

No. What's the author's name?

Wildbow. (his real name is John C. McCrae if that's what you're asking)

It's a complete web serial available here.

It's kind of like Reckoners, and kind of not.

Edited by MrakeDarshall

If you like bonus content, read at least some of the comments.  Early on it doesn't really matter, but later on it like doubles/triples the depth of the story, and you can watch as people slowly tried to piece together the background of the setting as you struggle to do so yourself.  In addition, it provides a bit of a time-buffer between chapters, which was part of the original format, and helps you experience the story as the author intended.  Also, there is Psycho Gecko, who is just AMAZING.

Oh, and at one point people are talking about the donation system the author set up, and someone was trying to figure out the average money made per hour of working on it, so the author said how much money he'd gotten from donations (2k something) and the someone replies, SaintSant, I think, with:

"Three thousand now, actually."

And everyone else is just like

"...."

Seriously, Worm is very similar to what the Cosmere would be if it was written as a Web Serial.

Go read it, and the comments too.

1 hour ago, breakingamber said:

I'm enjoying it! See you in a couple days! Maybe. I haven't checked the length.

It’s pretty long. If you count the sequel (which is currently being written) I think it could potentially rival wheel of time in word count.

EDIT: Just looked it up, it doesn’t quite match wheel of time levels of longness. Assuming Ward ends up being as long as Worm it would still be only ~75% the length of the wheel of time books.

Edited by MrakeDarshall

On 6/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

Did you read the comments?

That boosts it to a nine, at least.

I did read the comments when the chapter was confusing or I didn't know who the viewpoint character was in an interlude or something along those lines.