I was reading some meta on the thirteenth doctor and I was surprised, while being somewhat amused, at how this could easily be about Funtimes:

"I know this scene is meant to be humorous (and it is) but it’s also really telling. The Doctor is desperate to be the hero. She wants so much not to fall off the pedestal her friends have put her on. She’s pleading with them. 'I tried. You saw. Whatever happens next, it isn’t my fault. You can’t hate me. You can’t be afraid of me. Please don’t be afraid of me.'"

(Are we sure the staff for season 11 hasn't been reading our roleplay? Hm...)

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles

13 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I was reading some meta on the thirteenth doctor and I was surprised, while being somewhat amused, at how this could easily be about Funtimes:

"I know this scene is meant to be humorous (and it is) but it’s also really telling. The Doctor is desperate to be the hero. She wants so much not to fall off the pedestal her friends have put her on. She’s pleading with them. 'I tried. You saw. Whatever happens next, it isn’t my fault. You can’t hate me. You can’t be afraid of me. Please don’t be afraid of me.'"

(Are we sure the staff for season 11 hasn't been reading our roleplay? Hm...)

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles

:mellow: 

It's amazing how something written about one Doctor could so easily be about another Doctor. 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Does that make Nighthound the antagonist from the episode where the Doctor literally fights the Devil? 

Yes. Yes it does.

Also, we get an episode where the Doctor just straight out scolds Calamity for forty solid minutes.

1 minute ago, Kobold King said:

Yes. Yes it does.

Also, we get an episode where the Doctor just straight out scolds Calamity for forty solid minutes.

She uses every PG-rated swear in the book and even invents a few new ones. And that's it. That's the whole episode. 

It is hailed by fans and critics alike as one of the best of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Next season casts Lightwards as the Master, confirmed.

...well, that'd certainly have some interesting implications. Considering the Foe-Yay between the Master and the Doctor. 

EDIT: 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

She uses every PG-rated swear in the book and even invents a few new ones. And that's it. That's the whole episode. 

It is hailed by fans and critics alike as one of the best of the season. 

Don't you mean of the entire series, new and old?

Edited by winter devotion

8 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

..well, that'd certainly have some interesting implications. Considering the Foe-Yay between the Master and the Doctor. 

I mean, I guess they do have some "opposites attract" stuff going on that might interest….someone? 

8 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Don't you mean of the entire series, new and old?

You know how, sometime around Day of the Doctor, the BBC kept putting out all kinds of bonus material, one of them being the guy who played the Fifth Doctor doing a dramatic reading of the speech Matt Smith gives to his assembled enemies at the Pandorica? 

I have a feeling Doctor-Doctor Funtimes' upbraiding of Calamity would be another speech fans ask former Doctors to read. 

I mean, I guess they do have some "opposites attract" stuff going on that might interest….someone? 

You know how, sometime around Day of the Doctor, the BBC kept putting out all kinds of bonus material, one of them being the guy who played the Fifth Doctor doing a dramatic reading of the speech Matt Smith gives to his assembled enemies at the Pandorica? 

I have a feeling Doctor-Doctor Funtimes' upbraiding of Calamity would be another speech fans ask former Doctors to read. 

Well, at the very least, Red's into it. If that's.. anything. Anything at all. 

Can... can you write it? Please?

3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Sometimes I look at Archive Of Our Own and I realize just how tame our Fanfics thread truly is. And for a moment, I'm glad we never built up a massive online popularity.

7 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Sometimes I look at Archive Of Our Own and I realize just how tame our Fanfics thread truly is. And for a moment, I'm glad we never built up a massive online popularity.

In one of Megan's alternate universes, it did build up that popularity and I read all of those fics. 
Especially the creepy ones. Because it'd be absolutely hilarious. 
EDIT: and that would be my only motivation. Absolutely. My only reason. 

Edited by winter devotion

It's….Red. So very, very Red. 

Perhaps. If the idea percolates just right and I get a good lead to follow. :ph34r: 

I just realized Red could totally come from "red flags," like in a relationship. (I also named the first person she had... a relationship... with "Crimson.") These were both total accidents. Past me just wasn't very creative. 

Hmmmmm...

Just now, winter devotion said:

I just realized Red could totally come from "red flags," like in a relationship. (I also named the first person she had... a relationship... with "Crimson.") These were both total accidents. Past me just wasn't very creative. 

Hmmmmm...

And I thought that was intentional all along. :mellow: 

I mean, do we just have a solid 40 minutes where Doctor Jade chews him out, or do we have some sort of action going on in the scene as well, like….I dunno, something Epic? 

And I thought that was intentional all along. :mellow: 

I mean, do we just have a solid 40 minutes where Doctor Jade chews him out, or do we have some sort of action going on in the scene as well, like….I dunno, something Epic? 

YES, IT WAS TOTALLY INTENTIONAL ALL ALONG, HAHAHAHAHA.

I mean, I'd be into both. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

YES, IT WAS TOTALLY INTENTIONAL ALL ALONG, HAHAHAHAHA.

I mean, I'd be into both. 

Funny story. I started a fanfic when I was 14, a really really horrible one that was so bad I deleted it later. But it stayed decent enough for a while that it gained a small following, and one reviewer said it was "very clearly planned out." I still wonder if I should tell that internet rando that I was pulling things out of my backside. :ph34r:

Hurm. 

2 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

*quietly hides Stormlight fanfic*

It's probably a lot better than the one I wrote. I mean, I've always been someone who figured everyone reading just wanted me to stop talking a more minimalist writer, so there was no purple prose, but….

Let me put it this way. I was 14. I'd never had a significant other at all. And my story involved an affair and a crumbling marriage. In a fandom that was more about action-comedy than couples drama. 

7 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Funny story. I started a fanfic when I was 14, a really really horrible one that was so bad I deleted it later. But it stayed decent enough for a while that it gained a small following, and one reviewer said it was "very clearly planned out." I still wonder if I should tell that internet rando that I was pulling things out of my backside. :ph34r:

Hurm. 

I look back on my (minecraft youtuber) fanfiction sometimes. I cringe. Then I read the comments that are nice and think to myself... who are you?