The obvious cliche that i hope wont happen

TousenShadowForged

Based on the end of OB, it seems like Moash might be putting (or at least gathering) his own 'Bridge 4' together.  (Notably, Khen was a Parsh Kal semi-befriended who actually survived the slaughter.)

I could envision a scenario where Moash and Parsh Bridge 4 end up in Kaladin's home town, and Kaladin arrives to save his family only to realize in doing so he would have to kill the Parshman (rough) equivalent of his own story.  Kal's breakdown in Part 3 of OB seems like something he might have to confront again at some point. 

Though one major argument against Moash ending up in Kal's village is that Moash seems a little too...important in the Fused world to 'waste' going to some unimportant minor town.  (Unless there's a Herald hiding there we don't know about.)

If it does happen, Brandon is very good at avoiding cliche's and coming up with unique twists on commonly seen things, so I wouldn't be worried even if it does. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, Oltux72 said:

If the Fused did not go for Kaladin's family, we would have to ask for a reason. Gathering intelligence and attacking opponents at weak points should be a priority.

How would they know? Not like they have social media or computers or anything of the sort.

Darkeyes don't even have surnames, Stormblessed is just a name he was given by his men. Would be storming difficult or a hell of a coincidence if they just ask around 'hey any of you know that windrunner guy?' And somebody actually knows (especially since he isn't the only one any longer)

Just now, Void89 said:

How would they know? Not like they have social media or computers or anything of the sort.

Darkeyes don't even have surnames, Stormblessed is just a name he was given by his men. Would be storming difficult or a hell of a coincidence if they just ask around 'hey any of you know that windrunner guy?' And somebody actually knows (especially since he isn't the only one any longer)

They have Moash. They know which troop of Parshendi he joined. Hence they know where he came from approximately. And Kaladin displayed a shard blade. Rumors do travel. He told the people in his village that he is a Radiant. They will talk to people in neighboring villages. The Parshendi will hire agents.
Spy agencies predate computers by several millenia.

34 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

They have Moash. They know which troop of Parshendi he joined. Hence they know where he came from approximately. And Kaladin displayed a shard blade. Rumors do travel. He told the people in his village that he is a Radiant. They will talk to people in neighboring villages. The Parshendi will hire agents.
Spy agencies predate computers by several millenia.

1. Moash doesn't know where Kaladin is from. Only knows Amaram betrayed Kaladin

2. Troop of Parshmen Kaladin joined came from many different towns converging from various directions over a period of days. Not directly from Hearthstone

3. Kaladin traveled through multiple towns/villages gathering information on parshmen in every single town/village Only stopped at one point at Hearthstone, which is a random village of no strategic importance to the Fused

4. He also told every other village he visited that he was a Radiant. Not sure how that would single out Hearthstone

5. He never informed any of the villages he visited of his place of origin. 

6. Spies spy on places of strategic importance. Hearthstone is of no strategic importance. 

Just now, Pathfinder said:

1. Moash doesn't know where Kaladin is from. Only knows Amaram betrayed Kaladin

2. Troop of Parshmen Kaladin joined came from many different towns converging from various directions over a period of days. Not directly from Hearthstone

3. Kaladin traveled through multiple towns/villages gathering information on parshmen in every single town/village Only stopped at one point at Hearthstone, which is a random village of no strategic importance to the Fused

4. He also told every other village he visited that he was a Radiant. Not sure how that would single out Hearthstone

5. He never informed any of the villages he visited of his place of origin. 

6. Spies spy on places of strategic importance. Hearthstone is of no strategic importance. 

These are Alethi. They have legends about Darkeyes winning Shard Blades. And now you have one who even became a Radiant. Of course they will talk about the local hero. Moash knows that Kaladin is a Radiant. That he was trained as a surgeon. That he was in conflict with Roshone. Any decent agency knows where Roshone rules.

Kaladin's parents are practically dead if they stay there.

Kaladin never told Moash about roshone, all he said to him was that he was responsible for the 2 dead silversmiths moash blamed elokhar for.

Also, until Kaladin has ascended to radiance he was technically dead and invisible - I doubt they bothered a lot keeping their paperwork in order after he got famous, since they had much bigger problems at hand :P

Edited by Void89

Just now, Void89 said:

Kaladin never told Moash about roshone, all he said to him was that he was responsible for the 2 dead silversmiths moash blamed elokhar for.

Also, until Kaladin has ascended to radiance he was technically dead and invisible - I doubt they bothered a lot keeping their paperwork in order after he got famous, since they had much bigger problems at hand :P

The Fused are not stupid. That is ample clue.

7 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

These are Alethi. They have legends about Darkeyes winning Shard Blades. And now you have one who even became a Radiant. Of course they will talk about the local hero. Moash knows that Kaladin is a Radiant. That he was trained as a surgeon. That he was in conflict with Roshone. Any decent agency knows where Roshone rules.

Kaladin's parents are practically dead if they stay there.

But the problem with that logic is they have to have a reason to look in that area to begin with. As I said the group of parshmen Kaladin came with came from numerous locations. None of them knew where Kaladin came from. They took him "prisoner". Second most of the parshmen group is dead as per the battle of Kholinar. So there isn't any information coming from that group that would pin point Hearthstone to express any interest to begin with. So if they do not have any reasons to send spies to and around Hearthstone, then how are these none existent spies supposed to over hear people talking about Kaladin the radiant from Hearthstone? Further Kaladin did not identify to any of the other villages that he is from Hearthstone. He literally went from village to village. There is only one person with spanreeds in all of Hearthstone, Laral (I think thats her name? Kaladin's ex). Kaladin used stormlight to travel from village to village, so news is not going to spread amongst the darkeyes unless specifically requested and sent via spanreed. So again, not seeing how this information is going to get out. 

2 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

The Fused are not stupid. That is ample clue.

That is a faulty argument. The fused will do what I say, because the fused are smart, so they would do what I think is smart. There is nothing of substance in that statement to derive anything from. 

Edited by Pathfinder

But the problem with that logic is they have to have a reason to look in that area to begin with.

Only if they are fools. They will have a team working on gathering information on all Radiants. They know the story about Moash grandparents. They will look into the affair and wonder why Kaladin agreed to murder Elhokhar. They know who had the silversmiths killed. The have the capitol, they have had the queen.

As I said the group of parshmen Kaladin came with came from numerous locations. None of them knew where Kaladin came from. They took him "prisoner".

Sure. They have a group of Parshendi cooperating with a human. They punish them. Of course they know where they met Kaladin. Not exact, but they have maps. They will look at them and see, among other things, which route a man travelling from Roshone's place to the capitol would take.

Second most of the parshmen group is dead as per the battle of Kholinar. So there isn't any information coming from that group that would pin point Hearthstone to express any interest to begin with. So if they do not have any reasons to send spies to and around Hearthstone, then how are these none existent spies supposed to over hear people talking about Kaladin the radiant from Hearthstone? Further Kaladin did not identify to any of the other villages that he is from Hearthstone. He literally went from village to village.

Even worse. So people there will talk about meeting a Radiant. He has laid a trail pointing home. You send people into the bars traders frequent and tell them to listen.
Shallan told you and demonstrated how to do that. They just ask who could save them? Maybe the new Radiants? Bang. It will take a few weeks for news to travel by caravan. So Kaladin has time. But act he must.

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

That is a faulty argument. The fused will do what I say, because the fused are smart, so they would do what I think is smart. There is nothing of substance in that statement to derive anything from. 

You are right. There is no point in talking to you.

4 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Only if they are fools. They will have a team working on gathering information on all Radiants. They know the story about Moash grandparents. They will look into the affair and wonder why Kaladin agreed to murder Elhokhar. They know who had the silversmiths killed. The have the capitol, they have had the queen.

Sure. They have a group of Parshendi cooperating with a human. They punish them. Of course they know where they met Kaladin. Not exact, but they have maps. They will look at them and see, among other things, which route a man travelling from Roshone's place to the capitol would take.

Even worse. So people there will talk about meeting a Radiant. He has laid a trail pointing home. You send people into the bars traders frequent and tell them to listen.
Shallan told you and demonstrated how to do that. They just ask who could save them? Maybe the new Radiants? Bang. It will take a few weeks for news to travel by caravan. So Kaladin has time. But act he must.

"Only if they are fools", "of course they know where they met Kaladin", "He has laid a trail pointing home"

Well I think that says everything. When you would like to provide in book references and WoB to back up your assertions then I will take your arguments seriously. Till then, this reads as a strawman argument all over. 

This is partly why I think Roshone is Kalak. Moash kills Heralds. Moash hates Roshone. Kaladin hates Roshone. This is the next separating point between Kaladin and Moash building up to a final fight. Kaladin will overcome hatred/Moash will give in further to Odium.

1 hour ago, YKDG22 said:

This is partly why I think Roshone is Kalak. Moash kills Heralds. Moash hates Roshone. Kaladin hates Roshone. This is the next separating point between Kaladin and Moash building up to a final fight. Kaladin will overcome hatred/Moash will give in further to Odium.

Thing is we know Elhokar spoke with Nale and Kalak in person. He just didn't know they were heralds. In that flashback Kalak looks like a young man. Roshone on the other hand just six years later looks like a much older man. The Heralds in their current bodies do not age (as they have not in the thousands of years since they abandoned the oathpact). So not exactly sure how Kalak would manage such a disguise for so long if he was Roshone. But I wish you luck with your theory. 

• 1 month later...

Here's my question, the fused take on living people(singers bodies) what if heralds take on human bodies? Do the bodies the fused take age? Do they age at a normal rate and whatnot? We really dont fully understand how things work. Moash Is going to go for Roshone, but will it be more than typical revenge?

17 minutes ago, YKDG22 said:

Here's my question, the fused take on living people(singers bodies) what if heralds take on human bodies? Do the bodies the fused take age? Do they age at a normal rate and whatnot? We really dont fully understand how things work. Moash Is going to go for Roshone, but will it be more than typical revenge?

the Heralds do not take existing bodies. They have new ones generated for them by some mechanism.

There's a WoB on this, but I currently don't have enough brainpower to go looking for it.