what if heralds take on human bodies?

They don't. Warbreaker spoilers 

Spoiler

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Can a Returned be made from Stormlight?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

How would you count the Heralds?

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

I haven't read much, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

In the Stormlight books, there is a set of people who are constantly reborn, into full sized grown bodies that are being created for them. Would you count that as being Returned?

Or do you count Returned...What's your definition, right? You can create something that is Returned-like. But your definition of what is Returned and what is not, is going to be involved in that.

Legion Release Party (Sept. 19, 2018)

19 minutes ago, YKDG22 said:

Do the bodies the fused take age? Do they age at a normal rate and whatnot?

The Fused are the same class of being as the Heralds and a few other people we've seen in the Cosmere. They shouldn't age any more then the Heralds have in 4500 years. 

23 minutes ago, YKDG22 said:

Doesnt ash go around destroying her likeness but not the others?

Yes, Ash only destroys her own likeness.  However, just because there are representations of the Heralds doesn't mean that any of them are accurate.  It would be surprising if there was only one representation of each Herald across Roshar - different cultures are going to have their own ideas of what they looked like.  It's only been ~2000 years since Jesus, but how many different representations of him are there?  

On 2/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Oltux72 said:

They know the story about Moash grandparents.

He literally told them when he was asked its not like they had any idea ahead of time. 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Oltux72 said:

They will look into the affair and wonder why Kaladin agreed to murder Elhokhar

Considering they are so corrupted by Odium's essence they would probably think it legitimate if he wanted him dead because the king put his boots on wrong.  Also Moash thinks Kaladin became disillusioned because of the dueling fiasco.

Also I have a hard time believing that the fused will want to spend time spying on humans who they view with irrational hatred even if they do have disguises that will let them pass for human.

On 12/03/2019 at 2:03 PM, Karger said:

He literally told them when he was asked its not like they had any idea ahead of time. 

Considering they are so corrupted by Odium's essence they would probably think it legitimate if he wanted him dead because the king put his boots on wrong.  Also Moash thinks Kaladin became disillusioned because of the dueling fiasco.

Also I have a hard time believing that the fused will want to spend time spying on humans who they view with irrational hatred even if they do have disguises that will let them pass for human.

True the fused are half made listener shaped piles of odium´s investiture, i sincerely doubt the give a single drop of cremy water about Kaladin´s parents also when Moash became Vyre ,that meant his past was gone.

I personally think what is more likely to happen is gavinor getting kidnapped .

• Chaos locked this topic