Multiple Radiancy Shenanigans

Invocation

Well the only technical requirement for multiple bonds is the semantic compatibility of the involved oaths. As long as the Ideals of one Order are consistent with the Ideals of another, then it would be possible for someone to hold to both sets of Ideals in good faith. And it could even be that the Ideals are ambivalent enough anyway, for such to be possible more or less no matter what.

9 hours ago, Ripheus23 said:

Well the only technical requirement for multiple bonds is the semantic compatibility of the involved oaths. As long as the Ideals of one Order are consistent with the Ideals of another, then it would be possible for someone to hold to both sets of Ideals in good faith. And it could even be that the Ideals are ambivalent enough anyway, for such to be possible more or less no matter what.

Yeah, that’s kind of the point. It is totally possible for someone to adhere to the oaths of multiple orders. It’d just be highly unlikely to find someone who could fit both orders, could attract both the spren, and could progress through the both sets of oaths.

Is it possible the other way round? I guess it is not possible for a Spren like Syl or Pattern to bond with two or more humans. Who would get the Shardblade anyway? But might it be possible for the Stormfather? He is quite powerful as Spren go...

17 minutes ago, equinox said:

Is it possible the other way round? I guess it is not possible for a Spren like Syl or Pattern to bond with two or more humans. Who would get the Shardblade anyway? But might it be possible for the Stormfather? He is quite powerful as Spren go...

I don't think that would work.

17 hours ago, Ookla-Shephir said:

It is totally possible for someone to adhere to the oaths of multiple orders.

As someone who has actually sworn several Vows (with a capital "V," in my head, when I swore them or think of them!), it still... seems... more generally unlikely even so. Not just like, "Well you could legit marry multiple people, but you're not likely to find more than one person you'd want to marry," by analogy. No, it's more like, "If I go Vow-level commitment on something, that tends to exclude the same level of commitment towards other things, even if those things aren't strictly opposite of what I'm committed to."

On 12/1/2018 at 11:57 PM, equinox said:

In the hypothetical example of a Forger bonding a dead blade, someone else subsequently bonding it and the Forger then stamping themselves to still have the blade, Brandon has said that this could happen but it would do weird things if either tried summoning the blade while the other was using it, because it would think it was bonded to two people.

That said, a dead blade has some pretty important Realmatic differences so what's possible for a deadeye may not be possible for a living spren.

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, MistboreD said:

Kaladin won't be a double-Radiant. He's a Windrunner.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/358-fanx-2018/#e11128

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

What would Kaladin's second Order be if he weren't a Windrunner?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

I would have to think about that. I haven't considered it.

My speculation....

Stoneward,

Edgedancer/Truthwatcher,

Dustbringer,

Elsecaller....

Stoneward- Time in Amaram's army, when no one could hold ground against Helaran Davar, Kaladin killed him. He stood when others fell.

Edgedancer- Grew up as surgeon, took the bridgemen who were forgotten and gave them new lives. Cares for others and healed them whenever he could.

This should be noted that my bid on Kaladin being a potential Truthwatcher comes from solely the fact that Wyndle, Lift's spren considered bonding with Ym, that means these two orders are very close. Learned and giving, the attributes of a Truthwatcher are also there in Kaladin because he trains bridge four and thirteen in Spears, how to make formations and fight. Also like. 

Dustbringer- As a guard of Dalinar and Elhokar Kholin, an attribute shared by Herald Chanarach herself, patron Herald of Dustbringers. Guarded the Kholins, never failed, even against Moash and Szeth in different occasions.

Elsecaller- Never fought empty or cold, never got consumed by the Thrill, thinks before action and respects his opponents. He is wise and careful, a trait loved very much by an inkspren.

I have a theory that Shallan a multi-bonded Radiant! I think there's a chance she may bond an Sja-Anat; and depending on the Unmade, that may give her powers akin to a Bondsmith.

Adolin is a close second, assuming he can revive Maya in some sort of way. He could bond her and then another spren to become either a Stoneward (completing his rivalry with Kaladin lol), Windrunner, Willshaper. 

Rock is also a possibility, with either a Bondsmith/Stoneward combo or a Stoneward/Windrunner combo. Rlain may also be a Windrunner/Willshaper or Windrunner/Bondsmith combo

Hopefully we'll see at least one in the first five books!

Edited by Use the Falchion

On 11/27/2018 at 10:18 PM, Kramerfarve said:

If this could occur, a wind runner bondsmith mix sounds a little OP

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the Fused that Szeth and Lift fought at the end of Oathbringer had the powers of both a Windrunner and Edgedancer

• Chaos locked this topic