Need as much help as possible.

lwd24era

Hello creative people of 17th Shard!(:

I'm writing a book and I need dozens of gods/goddesses for the world it's in. Am I good at coming up with dozens of unique characters? Not very fast. So hey, I figured I could ask my fellow Sanderfans for help! Any and all contributions needed and welcome. They all need to be humanoid and can range from super powerful or demi-godish power. Thanks to any who help!(:

Disclaimer: if I use the character you came up with I WILL acknowledge you in my book, but let it be known I would have creative license with the character.  

No omnipotence. finite power. otherwise that's pretty much it. Imagine Greek gods or superheroes/villains. Kind of like the Shardholders in the cosmere or the court of returned gods in Warbreaker.

Do you mind giving out a bit of information about the world?

Not enough to spoil the book, obviously; just something to set the 'tone' of it. Do you want Greek-style Soap Operas? Grim dark Viking sagas? Something entirely different?

Count me in as the god of...... campfires? Knives? I don't know  I'm a scout who reads a ton, plays jrpgs, and is generally cool. I also cook, so you can throw fire, knives, cooking together if you really wanted to.

Or you can just base something off me and give me random crap. I don't care.

Quick, cheap and dirty idea for basic god concepts:

Take a typical diety and reverse the gender.

I've just been thinking for a while now I'd like to see a story with some of the typical diety tropes turned upside down. One idea I had ages ago was wondering how a female Loki might act; a Tricktrix, rather than a Trickster. 

I've just been thinking for a while now I'd like to see a story with some of the typical diety tropes turned upside down. One idea I had ages ago was wondering how a female Loki might act; a Tricktrix, rather than a Trickster.

Actually, Loki was actually turned into a woman in the comics(and I believe the actual mythology).

I've always found the idea of incredibly mundane people worshipped as deities to be hilarious, so that might be a subtle humor that's suitable. Examples include the town drunk, a dirty old man, an old crone that still fancies herself a looker, a thief, etc. 

Another thing to note is that honestly, the Greek Gods were incredibly immature. For goodness sakes, the Trojan War was started because two goddesses were offended that one dude didn't choose their gift! They acted suspiciously like bratty six year old kids with ADHD (which is why I found the Percy Jackson series to be so painfully accurate and humorous).

Also, if you're going for a specific character, I'd like mine to be an extremely voluptuous and seductive woman... whose domain is purity, chastity, and virtue. And if a man dares to think dirty thoughts about her, she'd hit them over the head with something. A whip, I don't know. I think that'd be pretty funny! 

Or you could have all your gods store a specific attribute passively and their followers can beseech them for some of the attribute... sort of like metalminds but not end negative. end positive because the gods unconsciously store an atribute

Or you could have all your gods store a specific attribute passively and their followers can beseech them for some of the attribute... sort of like metalminds but not end negative. end positive because the gods unconsciously store an atribute

This reminds me of how the large corporation of Indian gods are structured - a god for every single idea, virtue, job, event that you can think of. (Note:this is not a mockery of Hinduism. Merely an observation that a follower may choose the set of gods they want to worship based on their job or status in life.)

Quiver, your idea sparks The Great and Powerful Tricktrix in me. (MLP reference)

How about an impotent god - someone whose powers only work when granted to an ordinary being for specific needs? He'll be like a godmaker, but the effects of godliness will wear off after a set time.

How about a suite of gods of the psyche - or even one, with manifestations tied to an unaware mortal. Thus, when the chosen sleeps, Sleep walks the world. When he wakes, the Woken walks. When he takes drugs, the mighty Trippin Balz strides the planet.