Guess who's baaaack

Delightful

Hey everyone,

I've been away for.....a really long time so I feel like i should do an intro post. Specially since I never did one to begin with. 

Hi, I'm Delightful! I'm Australian and Jewish, massive bookworm though netflix is a solid contender for my story time these days. I'm a critter as well, new campaign though I haven't seen much of Vox Machina. 

Oh and, rather important, I met my husband on this site. Don't trust internet strangers kids :P. 

I've had a not great year and life got in the way but I've realised I missed this community. So nerves aside I guess I'll jump back in and hope it all goes ok!

I have an AMA thread somewhere I think, but otherwise feel free to ask me stuff. Or just hang out. 

And if you're offering my spiked cookies I want to know which hemalurgic abilities come with it. What am I singing up for here? :P

3 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Uh..

Welcome back!

Why did you leave?

No specific reason, I just got busy and had less time to be online and *¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 minutes ago, Silva said:

Welcome back!

Are you willing to accept a spike-free cookie courtesy of TUBA? We also carry ones with kosher certification if you'd prefer those, others (like myself), have found them quite delectable.

Ooooh. What's TUBA? Who's certification are they under? :P

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Ooooh. What's TUBA? Who's certification are they under? :P

You must've left before we came into the being. TUBA is The Underground Baker's Association. Probably under the Cosmere K. Alleyverse equivalent to an OU.

1 minute ago, Silva said:

You must've left before we came into the being. TUBA is The Underground Baker's Association. Probably under the Cosmere K. Alleyverse equivalent to an OU.

I suppose I could deign to eat OU digital cookies. :P 

*nibbles* Oh these are good! 

So are you like, Chabad of TUBA? *am now imagining a chabad house sitting inside a tuba and dealing with a  lot of windiness*

5 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I suppose I could deign to eat OU digital cookies. :P 

*nibbles* Oh these are good! 

So are you like, Chabad of TUBA? *am now imagining a chabad house sitting inside a tuba and dealing with a  lot of windiness*

When there's only one customer to a certain section, there's no real demand for it. So nope. Can't really have a functioning Chabad without a minyan.

Guess who's back. Back again. Say it's Mac, tell a friend. Except it's not Mac, it's Delightful. That legendary Sharder. Yeah. 

This is awesome! I'm a huge fan, Delightful. I'll admit I'm a little sad to see Kitty has been replaced, but Ms. Marvel is cool too. Welcome back!

6 minutes ago, Silva said:

When there's only one customer to a certain section, there's no real demand for it. So nope. Can't really have a functioning Chabad without a minyan.

Unless its like some super remote place that has a Chabad couple and their children and Israeli backpackers. This is not the conversation I expected to be having on the Shard. :)

Just now, Archer said:

Guess who's back. Back again. Say it's Mac, tell a friend. Except it's not Mac, it's Delightful. That legendary Sharder. Yeah. 

This is awesome! I'm a huge fan, Delightful. I'll admit I'm a little sad to see Kitty has been replaced, but Ms. Marvel is cool too. Welcome back!

D'awww thank you! I used to change profile pictures a lot. Dunno if Kamala's gonna stay yet. Hi!!

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I look forward to seeing your thoughts on all the awesomeness that has sprung up on the shard.

I'm sorta thread hopping at the moment. Some of them, people have barely commented in months. Its a little quiet. 
Any particularly good spots you could point me to?

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

I'm sorta thread hopping at the moment. Some of them, people have barely commented in months. Its a little quiet. 
Any particularly good spots you could point me to?

I would highly recommend the Alleyverse. We have a subforum, we're in the RP section.

Also, the ghostbloods. Cool guild. In the Alleyverse.

Hi @Delightful!
Welcome back.

I have a few options if you're looking for that nostalgic 17th Shard type of cookie.
I have a plain chocolate chip cookie that contains a Bane from the Nightwatcher which causes you to be unable to perceive a certain shade of blue.
A double chocolate chip cookie that contains a bond with an Inkspren.
Or a white chocolate chip cookie that contains the ability to know where the nearest mustache to you is at all times.

(There is also another cookie that contains the full suite of Mistborn powers, but that one has raisins in it. I plan to hunt down whichever acolyte committed this grievous sin and make them pay.)

Just now, Voidus said:

Hi @Delightful!
Welcome back.

I have a few options if you're looking for that nostalgic 17th Shard type of cookie.
I have a plain chocolate chip cookie that contains a Bane from the Nightwatcher which causes you to be unable to perceive a certain shade of blue.
A double chocolate chip cookie that contains a bond with an Inkspren.
Or a white chocolate chip cookie that contains the ability to know where the nearest mustache to you is at all times.

(There is also another cookie that contains the full suite of Mistborn powers, but that one has raisins in it. I plan to hunt down whichever acolyte committed this grievous sin and make them pay.)

Heya!

Hmmmmm tempting. What does an inkspren do?

See how does the cookie define moustache? Because if it's going to remind me that I need to wax my fuzz that would be annoying. :P

Just now, Delightful said:

Heya!

Hmmmmm tempting. What does an inkspren do?

See how does the cookie define moustache? Because if it's going to remind me that I need to wax my fuzz that would be annoying. :P

An Inkspren bond would allow one to become an Elsecaller.

As for the mustache, we're still not completely sure. Leading theory is that it's tied to the ability to attract mustache-spren and uses their cognitive identity.

4 minutes ago, Voidus said:

An Inkspren bond would allow one to become an Elsecaller.

As for the mustache, we're still not completely sure. Leading theory is that it's tied to the ability to attract mustache-spren and uses their cognitive identity.

So thats probably no except for like a really low self esteem day.  

Else caller is teleportation and transformation? Ill take that please. :) What do I owe you for the cookie dear sir?

Also....you had a kid right? How's your kid?

Edited by Delightful

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

So thats probably no except for like a really low self esteem day.  

Else caller is teleportation and transformation? Ill take that please. :) What do I owe you for the cookie dear sir?

Also....you had a kid right? How's your kid?

Oh well you know the DA, we don't charge for our services. *
*Possible requirement that you surrounder your immortal soul, pursuant to the standard DA disclaimer.

She's doing well, 2 years old now. Thanks :)
How have you been?

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Oh well you know the DA, we don't charge for our services. *
*Possible requirement that you surrounder your immortal soul, pursuant to the standard DA disclaimer.

She's doing well, 2 years old now. Thanks :)
How have you been?

Yeah but what if I don't have an immortal soul? How do you *know*?

Good to hear :) 

I've been.....not amazing honestly. Trying to get adequate healthcare but everything is slow. Came back here cause I'm lonely. 

*Real ball of sunshine there Delightful, think of something funny*

I discovered my local library has a standing order to buy every new Sanderson book that comes out. They now have Legion and Lies of the Beholder but not story 2 who's name I've forgotten. Which also means I'll get Skyward for free reading soon! So thats nice.

52 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Oh come on, raisins are good!

Also, hello back @Delightful! :) I see you kept my signature pets :D

Also, if you feel like it, join our 17th Shard Discord server :) It's the reason why some of the older threads got much less active, a lot of day to day interactions happen on Discord.

Just now, Mestiv said:

Oh come on, raisins are good!

Also, hello back @Delightful! :) I see you kept my signature pets :D

Also, if you feel like it, join our 17th Shard Discord server :) It's the reason why some of the older threads got much less active, a lot of day to day interactions happen on Discord.

Your signature pets are adorable and I'm keeping them forever. :D

I sorta forgot about the discord. Good idea. :)

On 11/6/2018 at 10:06 PM, Delightful said:

Unless its like some super remote place that has a Chabad couple and their children and Israeli backpackers. This is not the conversation I expected to be having on the Shard. :)

A little late to respond, but me either.