The North Sea

Archer

A paper appeared in Damaya's hand. It was rolled up and tied with a thin black string. On it read:

Damaya and Araha,

It's Pry. Sibling's fine. Turns out we had a little gold ferring on our hands. I have a feeling I might need to get places quickly soon, so I'm not coming back over quite yet. But I will try to soon as possible. Might be a strangely obvious request, but try not to die.

There was a smiley face scrawled after the last sentence.

@Sorana

@Kidpen

23 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

"Should we hurry? This might get dangerous fast if we don't go in further." Araha looked around the cave, seeing a cremling skittering along the wall. But it was red and black, And it glowed. Huh.

Damaya nodded at her, happy that she wasn't alone, that Araha was here. Pocketing Pry's message she touched the strange veins. They felt almost alive in her hands and she quickly let them fall back against the wall. Slowly she stepped farther into the tunnel, followed Nogard. Her soaked skirts made walking difficult and she had water in her shoes, squishing around with every step. She stroked along her hair, to get some of the water out of it and then continued to follow Nogard.

Huh. Guess Araha doesn't get to see the message then.

Araha smiled, following, then saw a slight detour. "I'm going this way!" The split she followed wasn't the one everyone else was goign on, but it looked interesting. Quickly she reached a glistening pool of clear blue water and saw... underwater Parshendi? Mermaids? She wasn't sure, but they looked cool. "Damaya, come look!"
@Sorana

16 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Araha smiled, following, then saw a slight detour. "I'm going this way!" The split she followed wasn't the one everyone else was goign on, but it looked interesting. Quickly she reached a glistening pool of clear blue water and saw... underwater Parshendi? Mermaids? She wasn't sure, but they looked cool. "Damaya, come look!"
@Sorana

I thought there were two sheets of paper? One for each of us?

Damaya followed her and looked it the pool.

"That's beautiful."

She whispered and touched the water.

"I love the ocean"

She said ansently minded and moved her hand around. The water was cool, flowed around her fingers, like a soft piece of cloth.

Nogard bent down to study the water. Far below the surface he saw the water flowing past the bottom of the island. As he watched, he noticed the edges of the pool begin to pull inwards. He took a step back. The pool began to shrink, slowly at first, but gaining speed.

His observations were interrupted by Kodeka's voice in his head. The eyewall is hitting soon. As in, thirty seconds at most. Are you ready?

Nogard blinked and sent back an affirmative. Then he raised his voice to the others. "The eyewall is hitting soon. Get ready. It's going to feel like we're on a ship during a storm, so brace yourselves."

It was primal instinct that drove Klasten to seek cover. Under different circumstances he would have stayed out in the rain, enjoyed the feeling of it kissing his skin. But he was frightened. His day had been nothing but brief encounters with deadly monstrosities and lengthier periods spent running from them.

He looked at, through, his invisible arm. The infection had spread since he had last checked it. His shoulder and a portion of his torso had faded out of view. He looked like the victim of a fire-shark attack: a rare predator that cauterized the wounds it inflicted so its prey could live to be eaten another day. Assuming that brochure can be trusted, he mentally noted. It’s been wrong about a few things so far.

The rain continued to fall, but he hardly noticed it. His sole focus was on the water in the ground. After so much running, he needed a drink.

Klasten fell to his knees and dunked his head into the pool, gulping the refreshing liquid greedily. When he did, he noticed movement in the depth below him. One shape, the largest of the blobs he could spot, began to approach.

The loud patter of raindrops assailed his ears he came up for air. I wish I could speak, he thought. Then I could say something dramatic. Something like ‘It’s here’.

Exhausted and mentally drained, he heeded Nogard's advice and lay down on an open section of dirt, covering his head with his hands as the eyewall approached their position. 

Edited by Ookla the Paragon

The eyewall hit. The island shook.

Nogard was knocked to the ground. He tried to get back on his feet, but every pitch and roll of the island sent him back to the floor. He heard the others cry out in confusion as they too were thrown around.

Nogard finally managed to prop himself up on one of the walls. With some surprise, he noticed that he could still feel stormlight from the storm, despite being underground. He had just attempted a step away from the wall when a particularly violent shake sent him tumbling further down the tunnel. He grabbed a stalagmite and hauled himself to his feet again, trying to catch his breath.

Thanks. That's good to know.

Damaya felt the ground shake, and with a scream she fell to the ground. The storm? Was this the storm? Coru buzzed slight on her arm and she turned around, saw Araha vanish. Hastily she ran over, just in time to see her plunge into the water below. Damaya waited, called her name, and nothing happened. Araha was still alive, wasn't she? She couldn't be dead.
"HELP!!!"
she screamed. There had been other, they could help, they had to help. She screamed again, and then blindly ran in the direction, where she hoped she could meet the others again, calling for help as loud as she could.

@Ookla the Paragon

@Ookla the Phoenix

Edited by Sorana

Warwick woke to a blast of wind. He got up and looked around. He vaugly remembered a gerbil hitting him in the head with a sign. With a shirt saying "Stop Gerbil Snorting". Of course he would not do such thing. Gerbil snorting was second to none. He would find this gerbil and eat it. 

~~~

At this time, Hammond was very far away. He had found a gerbil snorting club advertisment in the man's pocket and he was very angry. Right now he was about 3 feet tall and growing. He decided to run toward the middle of the island and find shelter leaving the man to die from the hurricane.

~~~

Soon, Hammond found a cave. Wind blew and the island shook with the force of the hurricane. The front of the cave was collapsed but there was a tiny opening between the rocks. Quickly, Hammond calmed himself and shrunk. He crawled through the space and into the cave...