I figure it's a long shot, but does anyone here ship Jasnah and Shallan?

I have done so from the begining, but it increased even more when I read a tweet online asking Brandon if he was aware that he made Shallan sound bisexual with her crush on Jasnah, to which he replied that looking back on it, he did it subconciously, and that he was flattered/honored that there were people who saw this in her.

I wish so much that it were canon between the two of them.  I have read other fantasy novels where a writer would set a character up with another, only to have the relationship not work out, and have them shift to another that does.  I wish so bad for that here in this series, to the point of being admittedly militant/irrational, lol!

A girl can dream, right?  Even though it may never happen, and I am stuck with Shallan/Adolin, I still wish there would come a time in the series that Shallan would throw caution to the wind, out herself to Jashah, and the two could unite together in heart and soul.  If anyone can break the ice around jasnah's heart, I firmly believe Shallan can be the one.

Please don't hate me....

Edited by Shallanah

I personally don't think this is likely but who knows what could happen. After all, Shallan's different personalities/disguises show different preferences. Shallan's love/fondness for Kaladin is very apparent in Veil, her love for Adolin is mostly connected to Shallan. Brightness Radiant is the personality Shallan uses when she wants to be professional in her capacity as a Knight Radiant. This personality echoes Jasnah a bit in my opinion so maybe... Plot twists are Branderson's specialty, are they not?

^i mean you can use that argument for almost anything but the fact is he also hasn't done a ten book long series with a ten year gap in the middle before. So possibilities are endless. Few weeks back someone was shipping the Lopen and Kal, and that sounded awesome. As things go, this one sounds about as awesome to me. Cuz Jasnah and Shallan can bring out something really different in each other and seem rather complimentary. That said that doesn't really ever equal relationship. But could be fun to read.

31 minutes ago, ND103 said:

^i mean you can use that argument for almost anything but the fact is he also hasn't done a ten book long series with a ten year gap in the middle before. So possibilities are endless. Few weeks back someone was shipping the Lopen and Kal, and that sounded awesome. As things go, this one sounds about as awesome to me. Cuz Jasnah and Shallan can bring out something really different in each other and seem rather complimentary. That said that doesn't really ever equal relationship. But could be fun to read.

Cool, then I will keep hoping, even if it proves futile in the end,lol.

^Man, I wanted to upvote that comment, but then you pulled a Rian Johnson on me by subverting my expectations!~ (I still love ya though)

22 hours ago, CrazyRioter said:

It's canon that Shallan is attracted to Jasnah but I don't see it going anywhere because of the age and maturity gap and also because Shallan is oblivious and I headcanon Jasnah as asexual.

Meh, the age gap does not really bother me.  Shallan is 19 in book 3, and Jasnah is 34?  It's happened before, in fiction and in real life. As far as her maturity is concerned, she's working on that.  The only times I remember her being really immature was when she was around Kaladin.

Edited by Chaos
Don't double post

Apart from the fact if it's likely to happen or not, or if it makes sense or not, or if their age difference is too large:

I definitly support a Shallan - Jasnah relationship! They would fit really well in my point of view and I can definitly see them both happy together.

But sadly, I don't think it's likely.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Apart from the fact if it's likely to happen or not, or if it makes sense or not, or if their age difference is too large:

I definitly support a Shallan - Jasnah relationship! They would fit really well in my point of view and I can definitly see them both happy together.

But sadly, I don't think it's likely.

You.  I like you.

I could see it happening, but not for a while at least though (and I'm one of those crazy Kaladin x Jasnah shippers first and foremost! ;))

Shallan needs two things in my opinion:

1. Respect/validation

2. Stability/someone who knows her

As long as Shallan and Jasnah have their mentor/student relationship, Shallan will never have the respect/validation she craves from Jasnah. And while Shallan is trying to break that pattern and be seen as a peer, Jasnah doesn't seem to see the problem with it. In terms of stability/someone who knows her, Jasnah should be the best person for that, but she's too focused on saving the world. 

So it could happen, and it would be interesting to see, but I'm not sure Jasnah can provide what Shallan needs. 

Oh hey I'm the person sanderson was replying to!!! it makes so happy that that lil convo makes other people happy heheh..... Personally I dunno about long term ship but like, Jasnah is absolutely Shallan's bi awakening?? I like to imagine like, Jasnah knows about her crush and thinks it's super cute, and likes her too but maybe more casually, mostly because she's just too busy for romance... So Jasnah like kinda indulges her and then is like "sorry this really can't go anywhere" but then kisses her goodbye....... and shallan is like wow im gonna pine for you forever but also this is more than i expected to get and im gonna treasure it forever! wow! anyway shallan does need someone on more equal footing imo to end up with in the end, but also. also. also they ARE gay and probably have kissed, or will kiss, some time in the future. or hey, this series is gonna last so long time-wise, maybe something could happen in ten years or something when they are more equal.. shallan is a super badass and then JASNAH starts crushing and is like oh jeez how the tables have turned. and THEN they date. anyway. anyway. anyway yeah shallan has the biggest gayest crush on jasnah in the world.

On 2018-11-05 at 9:32 PM, BeneathSilverStars said:

Oh hey I'm the person sanderson was replying to!!! it makes so happy that that lil convo makes other people happy heheh..... Personally I dunno about long term ship but like, Jasnah is absolutely Shallan's bi awakening?? I like to imagine like, Jasnah knows about her crush and thinks it's super cute, and likes her too but maybe more casually, mostly because she's just too busy for romance... So Jasnah like kinda indulges her and then is like "sorry this really can't go anywhere" but then kisses her goodbye....... and shallan is like wow im gonna pine for you forever but also this is more than i expected to get and im gonna treasure it forever! wow! anyway shallan does need someone on more equal footing imo to end up with in the end, but also. also. also they ARE gay and probably have kissed, or will kiss, some time in the future. or hey, this series is gonna last so long time-wise, maybe something could happen in ten years or something when they are more equal.. shallan is a super badass and then JASNAH starts crushing and is like oh jeez how the tables have turned. and THEN they date. anyway. anyway. anyway yeah shallan has the biggest gayest crush on jasnah in the world.

10/10 would read this fanfiction 

• Chaos locked this topic