What is important enough?

NoiseSpren

I have none. Unless I figure out a less than 10 words phrase to say to Jasnah, during WoK:

"Hey, these Voidbringers you're researching are a combination of ancient parshendi ancestors, splinters of a deity called Odium, and monsters created by them, and they are coming back soon. Plus, the original ones were humans. Now let's get to the backseat of my car to talk of repayment for this piece of knowledge".

On 1/20/2019 at 11:24 PM, Nathrangking said:

Kaladin: Kill Moash!!!

To Moash, as he's confronting Kaladin with Graves: "You owe Kaladin EVERYTHING. How can you do this, Moash?"

That's exactly ten words. Ten. One per heartbeat as he summons his Shardblade, the one that Kaladin gifted to him. Ten heartbeats to revive the form of a dead spren, an embodiment of oaths as dead as his own loyalty.

Ten words he's saying to himself as well, in a corner of his mind. Let him hear them spoken aloud, in open accusation, in recrimination.

Could he still do it? Would he? Will he?

Narratively, I suppose he must. But let him walk into Damnation with spheres lighting the way.

Edited by robardin

3 hours ago, Luinedhel said:

I have none. Unless I figure out a less than 10 words phrase to say to Jasnah, during WoK:

"Hey, these Voidbringers you're researching are a combination of ancient parshendi ancestors, splinters of a deity called Odium, and monsters created by them, and they are coming back soon. Plus, the original ones were humans. Now let's get to the backseat of my car to talk of repayment for this piece of knowledge".

LOL, and she would say in response "I know that already. The issue is not the discovery, it is proving that to everyone else. Until you have such information, get out of my way, and if you come near me in that manner again, Ivory will show you how much I tolerate such an exchange"

Sorry had to lol

4 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

LOL, and she would say in response "I know that already. The issue is not the discovery, it is proving that to everyone else. Until you have such information, get out of my way, and if you come near me in that manner again, Ivory will show you how much I tolerate such an exchange"

Sorry had to lol

That's why I said During WoK. If you reread it, you'll find that at that time she didn't know about any of these things. She had only a theory about parshmen, and as a matter of fact, a flawed one, as she believed that the parshendi were "normal parshmen who were changed INTO parshendi", while we know it's the other way around. Given that, more shocking would be to her to know about the Fused. She didn't know about Odium either, and certainly was ignorant about the first Voidbringers being humans from Ashyn, as we know Hoid told her that at the end of WoR. I could also point to her the translation of the Eila stele, if proving it to everyone else was the problem. That was the joking in "finding out a way of telling this in 10 words".  And even if she knew everything, there's proof that she'd be pleased to know there's another person who believes her in chapter 74, when she is noticeably happy to know Shallan has come to the same theory as her, being the first person to do so. For the final part of my post, I really hope you realize this topic was meant as a way to amuse each other in a humorous way.

Lol to you, and my most sincere regards, sir. 

Edited by Luinedhel

15 minutes ago, Luinedhel said:

That's why I said During WoK. If you reread it, you'll find that at that time she didn't know about any of these things. She had only a theory about parshmen, and as a matter of fact, a flawed one, as she believed that the parshendi were "normal parshmen who were changed INTO parshendi", while we know it's the other way around. Given that, more shocking would be to her to know about the Fused. She didn't know about Odium either, and certainly was ignorant about the first Voidbringers being humans from Ashyn, as we know Hoid told her that at the end of WoR. I could also point to her the translation of the Eila stele, if proving it to everyone else was the problem. That was the joking in "finding out a way of telling this in 10 words".  And even if she knew everything, there's proof that she'd be pleased to know there's another person who believes her in chapter 74, when she is noticeably happy to know Shallan has come to the same theory as her, being the first person to do so. For the final part of my post, I really hope you realize this topic was meant as a way to amuse each other in a humorous way.

Lol to you, and my most sincere regards, sir. 

Actually during Way of Kings she did know. She was at Kharbranth to find definitive proof. Their conversation at the end says as much. 

Way of Kings page 990=991

""We'd be devastated. Civilization as we know it could collapse. We have to do something!"

"We are" Jasnah said "We're gathering facts, making certain we know what we think we know"

"And how many facts do we need?"

"More. Many more"

You can write anything you want. I was just making a joke regarding how I envision Jasnah responding. Nothing personal nor malicious behind it. Total harmless joke intended. 

13 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

"We are" Jasnah said "We're gathering facts, making certain we know what we think we know"

That's the point. She does well in making sure she gathers more facts, as she doesn't know exactly what she thinks she know. Read again what she thinks of the parshendi, and the lack of knowledge she has on the other topics I mention.

12 hours ago, Luinedhel said:

That's the point. She does well in making sure she gathers more facts, as she doesn't know exactly what she thinks she know. Read again what she thinks of the parshendi, and the lack of knowledge she has on the other topics I mention.

Yes I did read it, and yes I still say she knew the information , and was working to prove said information (with book quotes to back it up). I also do not feel Jasnah would respond well to someone asking to exchange sex for information, but all of that is beside the point. The point was making a joke on Jasnah's reaction to what you would say, not a debate on the veracity of the the statement that results in derailing the topic. It wasn't meant to be critical. That is what you would say, great. Good on you. I do not see the point of continuing this. 

Edited by Pathfinder

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Yes I did read it, and yes I still say she knew the information , and was working to prove said information (with book quotes to back it up). I also do not feel Jasnah would respond well to someone asking to exchange sex for information, but all of that is beside the point. The point was making a joke on Jasnah's reaction to what you would say, not a debate on the veracity of the the statement that results in derailing the topic. It wasn't meant to be critical. That is what you would say, great. Good on you. I do not see the point of continuing this. 

Those quotes prove what I said. Jasnah was remarkable for making the connection parshendi=voidbringers, but had no confirmation to it yet. Read the chapter, she thinks parshmen are the natural form, and that they were changed INTO parshendi, which everybody on Roshar knows to be false by the time of OB. She doesn't know either of fused, of humans being the original voidbringers coming from Ashyn (which we know she finds out at the en of WoR), Odium, Eila Stele, etc. There's ton of information she doesn't know. It's irritating to write all of this again, but you ignored it on purpose last time. It's like talking to a wall. I am sorry to be still writing this on this topic, but it's not fair to suffer someone telling you in a condescending tone that he HAS TO laugh about you. And even more so if he's wrong.

To continue the line of this thread, there's another phrase I could say, to Dalinar, eleven years ago: "Dude, don't burn Rathalas, Evi's inside!"

26 minutes ago, Luinedhel said:

Those quotes prove what I said. Jasnah was remarkable for making the connection parshendi=voidbringers, but had no confirmation to it yet. Read the chapter, she thinks parshmen are the natural form, and that they were changed INTO parshendi, which everybody on Roshar knows to be false by the time of OB. She doesn't know either of fused, of humans being the original voidbringers coming from Ashyn (which we know she finds out at the en of WoR), Odium, Eila Stele, etc. There's ton of information she doesn't know. It's irritating to write all of this again, but you ignored it on purpose last time. It's like talking to a wall. I am sorry to be still writing this on this topic, but it's not fair to suffer someone telling you in a condescending tone that he HAS TO laugh about you. And even more so if he's wrong.

To continue the line of this thread, there's another phrase I could say, to Dalinar, eleven years ago: "Dude, don't burn Rathalas, Evi's inside!"

You are putting words into my mouth. I never said you had to laugh at the joke. I explained the intention, and didn't want it to further digress. You are entitled to think those quotes support what you said. I disagree, which I am perfectly entitled to do too. I do not think it would serve anyone to continue this line of discussion as it wasn't the point of the thread. 

20 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Sorry had to lol

Seems like you put those words yourself. You intervened in this thread only because you had to laugh at my comment. Not to follow the theme of the topic.