Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

With my Silk hat on (does that sound weird?) you are No.2, so the way seems to be clear. At 10% over 5,000 words you would not be any more guilty than a plethora of other 'transgressors' - self included :)

Well, it just so happens that I cut 1K words from the submission, bringing it down to a cool 4500 words. I'm sure it could be cut even further. Not sure what that says about the writing, either way. :P

Edited by Marci

Still time to submit for this week? Even if it's *ahem* around 1K over the usual limit? :P

Hmm, double whammy? On the basis that we've only had two submissions so far and one was only 750 words, I can't see a reason against it.

(Hey Silk, are you okay?)

I want to submit on Monday, if that's okay with the group, and there's room. :)

Soooo... I really want to send out two chapters to meet all y'all's demands for content of a more fantastical nature, but as of right now that would add up to a whopping 6500 words. :P If I can't cut the text to a more manageable size (which at this point I doubt, because it seems like I keep adding each time I open the document), there'll probably be just the one chapter. 

Edit: Got it down to 6K for both chapters. Yea, or nay?

Edited by Marci

Sooo... this would be where I slink back in and apologize profusely for my absence, I suppose. :P

In all seriousness, though, folks, I am terribly sorry for going MIA. Excepting a brief stint out of  town I can really only chalk it up to what was apparently a VERY extended brain fart. I've been a little more overwhelmed than I realized, apparently.

So... um... hi, and so far we have Fantastic Fox for Monday?

And yes, we tend to be a little flexible on the word limits, especially on quieter weeks.

Sooo... this would be where I slink back in and apologize profusely for my absence, I suppose. :P

In all seriousness, though, folks, I am terribly sorry for going MIA. Excepting a brief stint out of  town I can really only chalk it up to what was apparently a VERY extended brain fart. I've been a little more overwhelmed than I realized, apparently.

Silk! Glad to have you back, and I'm glad to see there wasn't anything too serious going on. We were getting worried about you.

If you need help with something, don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you both!

Yes, I really am sorry about that. I have no idea how I managed to overlook something like that so completely. And thanks for that, Shrike--I'll be fine, it's mostly just life stuff. Not even bad stuff for the most part, there just seems to always be a LOT of it...

Oh and uh, I should perhaps mention that I'll be out of town this afternoon through to Monday again, so when I disappear (for a much shorter time this time!) it's not because I've fallen off a bridge.