Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

I have a 4-page scene that I'd like some input on before continuing with the rest of the chapter. Would it be okay if I share it this week along side the other members? I don't want to take anyone's spot though.

Edit: After waiting for 24 hours, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it :P

Edit2: I realized i did not wait for 24 hours lol but more like 12

Edited by king007

I have a 4-page scene that I'd like some input on before continuing with the rest of the chapter. Would it be okay if I share it this week along side the other members? I don't want to take anyone's spot though.

Silk is the gatekeeper but doesn't check on this thread every day.

Sorry, I didn't see this. I don't always have a chance to check the threads early in the week.

Shrike, king007, smgorden, AuthorityHellas

We also have a new member joining us this week, but not sure yet if they want to post right away.

I only have one submission (5k words) and wont have another for some time if the time it took me is any undication. So if someone is consistently submitting and doesnt want to break their momentum I would be happy to wait a week.

I havent been critiquing as I felt weird about critisizing the writing of others so I dont want to steal the spot of someone who regularly critiques/submits to the group

I havent been critiquing as I felt weird about critisizing the writing of others so I dont want to steal the spot of someone who regularly critiques/submits to the group

Critiquing others' writing can feel foreign at first, but it's an important part of the process. Don't worry about feeling "weird" about it--people expect you to do it.

It looks to me like that's our five slots for tomorrow: Formlessfox, king007, Shrike76, smgorden, and Eisenheim. Given that it's a full story at that length, Eisenheim, I'd be fine with you submitting the whole thing--assuming those who are most active at the critiquing right now are fine with it.

I have story ready to submit that comes in a 6,463.  I'd love to submit, and also to take people's temperature on just sending the whole thing.

For my part, I have no problem with that - shame to break something up that clearly is meant to be read in one sitting.

One vote 'for'.

Hello there! I'd like to put my name in for submission, whenever there may next be a slot available. This will be my first time submitting/participating with the group. I've kind of been hanging back to get a feel for how things work around here.

I'm quite a ways into my current novel. Two chapters are in decent enough shape to share, I think. The chapters are long, but split into multiple scenes/sections, so it should be easy enough to feed them to the group in 5K word (or less) increments. If something runs longer, I'll let everyone know ahead of time. Part I of Chapter 1 is just under 4K words.

Please let me know where I fall into the queue. I'm nervous, but looking forward to being an active member of the group. Thank you!

Welcome to Reading Excuses! Have you asked to be added to the distribution list to receive all of the submissions? That would be step one, and then it looks like you're first in line to submit for next week (Monday), but Silk can confirm that when they poke their head back into this thread.

Yay, thank you! And, yes, I've been a part of the distribution list for a while now. I've just been keeping a low profile. :)

Lol - well that's not going to last much longer :) Looking forward to reading your stuff, and feel free to jump in and critique everyone around here has pretty thick skin!