The Chat Thread

Archer

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Past Hemalurgy, I am having difficulty wrapping my head around the other magics. Could you explain what you had in mind?

He is not good at hemalurgy. He sees it as an impurity. He's good at sand mastery, and cytonics. 

He's also proficient at using guns, bows, crossbows, and mortars.

He currently lives in whatever's left of the church of the stick. In his RV.

He entered the alley by trying to access a shortcut in lossand. He later re-entered the alley, and stayed, trying to flee from some gang members or the like from earth. 

Currently, I've only read a bit of mistborn. So... Sorry if my readings of coppermind are inaccurate to the plots.

No worries 😄 

So sand mastery and cytonics are from two different worlds - how did an anthropomorphic dog, made of aluminum or not, get access to either of those powers? 

I'm not gonna say you can't RP here, that's your decision, but I'll note that you'll probably be spoiled on a lot - this RP is full spoilers for published works - and you'll likely be confused on things. The Coppermind will help, but reading the books is the intended way of gaining the basic information. Up to you if you want to dive in that deep end, just wanted to warn you that this isn't really intended as a beginner's space. 

14 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Are you walking about Corbeau? They were the aspiring mayor, and RPed by @Ravenclawjedi42, but they’ve been absent for some time.

Hmm, that's kind of a problem. Is there any way to reach out to him? I'd like my character to interact with him, or at least ose position of authority.

20 minutes ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

Hmm, that's kind of a problem. Is there any way to reach out to him? I'd like my character to interact with him, or at least ose position of authority.

Sadly, I currently have no easy way of communicating with him. Assume that the current active players are me, @Lunamor, @TheRavenHasLanded, @Scars of Hathsin, @Stormlightsong, @RoyalBeeMage, and yourself. Our crew is currently not the largest, but the hope is to gather more recruits!

3 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Sadly, I currently have no easy way of communicating with him. Assume that the current active players are me, @Lunamor, @TheRavenHasLanded, @Scars of Hathsin, @Stormlightsong, @RoyalBeeMage, and yourself. Our crew is currently not the largest, but the hope is to gather more recruits!

are you gonna update the plot summary?

Hey @TheFrugalWizard: what is your character doing right now?Me and Sonyr are currently at the Dancing with Death Diner in the Corridor, and are bickering about Sonyr’s secret library in the Mistwarrens that was burned a couple of days ago by Corbeau, but where the fire was pinned on Perses. For context, I recommend you read my plot summary, as well as take a gander at the post formatting in the Alleyverse guide, as there’s a few formatting errors in your post.

If you really want to get into the weeds of the library burning, it can be found starting on page 4 of Era 7 episode 2. There’s also a brief description of the secret library under specific locations in the guide.

Edited by Koloss17

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Hey @TheFrugalWizard: what is your character doing right now?Me and Sonyr are currently at the Dancing with Death Diner in the Corridor, and are bickering about Sonyr’s secret library in the Mistwarrens that was burned a couple of days ago by Corbeau, but where the fire was pinned on Perses. For context, I recommend you read my plot summary, as well as take a gander at the post formatting in the Alleyverse guide, as there’s a few formatting errors in your post.

If you really want to get into the weeds of the library burning, it can be found starting on page 4 of Era 7 episode 2. There’s also a brief description of the secret library under specific locations in the guide.

He is currently attempting to secure a position as head of the police.

Edited by TheFrugalWizard

6 hours ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

He is currently attempting to secure a position as head of the police.

A few recommendations: where is your character currently? That should probably be in the post, in the standard character, area of the city, specific building/street formatGiven the size and diversity of the city, I’d recommend going to perhaps the smokestack district police rather than the city police, as they will generally be more directly involved with the going ons of the mistwarrens (which as technically not a district will likely not have a proper police force), if that’s what you’re going for.

Folks, we good to time skip to the next  day? Or do people have something to wrap up in the current “time”.

Not that it really matters, but we seem to have a lot of plotlines that continue once some amount of time has passed, and while keeping temporal continuity doesn’t really matter all that much, since we can keep it, why don’t we?

@TheFrugalWizard, @Stormlightsong, @TheRavenHasLanded

45 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Folks, we good to time skip to the next  day? Or do people have something to wrap up in the current “time”.

Not that it really matters, but we seem to have a lot of plotlines that continue once some amount of time has passed, and while keeping temporal continuity doesn’t really matter all that much, since we can keep it, why don’t we?

go ahead!

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Sure. Again, is there a list of locations anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lunamor said:

What metal (if any) do Asylum and Frisian have on their persons?

@Stormlightsong

@TheFrugalWizard

I don't know if a shardblade counts...? Besides that, a metalmind that pierces his skin, a hemalurgic spike, and metals buttons on his coat. He is familiar with Scadrian magic systems, however, so the buttons are only for show. The coat also has a set of wooden buttons beneath and reinforced padding to defend against allomancers using his buttons against him. It's not super extensive, however, so a skilled allomancers would still be able to leverage them.

Apologies for the double post, but I have a question. For a Radiant/Feruchemist, how would the alleystorm refill investiture? I assume giving the Radiant a decent amount of stormlight, but how about the metalmind? Refilling it a set amount? Or to the highest point it's been at recently? Or not at all? 

Again, sorry about the double post.

21 minutes ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

Apologies for the double post, but I have a question. For a Radiant/Feruchemist, how would the alleystorm refill investiture? I assume giving the Radiant a decent amount of stormlight, but how about the metalmind? Refilling it a set amount? Or to the highest point it's been at recently? Or not at all? 

Again, sorry about the double post.

Honestly this is a bit more of a Cosmere forum question.

The Alleystorm is just the equivalent of the highstorm on Roshar. From what I understand, it has the same properties as the highstorms. So the question is do highstorms refill metalminds? I would think the answer is no, but if you would like to post a question elsewhere on the shard and get back to me, you are more than welcome to.

1 hour ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

Question about the alleystorms: are they totally third party; the Investiture is unkeyed, or are they just Highstorms, and therefore keyed to Honor and Cultivation?

@Koloss17

I have just inquired with those more knowledgeable than I. Here is their response:

image.thumb.jpeg.2c2d9d772a591bf2983698220fb6dffa.jpeg

Edited by Koloss17

37 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

I have just inquired with those more knowledgeable than I. Here is their response:

image.thumb.jpeg.2c2d9d772a591bf2983698220fb6dffa.jpeg

... so that means feruchemists can compound using Stormlight. Just right off the top of my head that seems absurdly overpowered. If you want to allow it I won't complain but consider this: stormlight from alleystorms allows a feruchemist to draw power from it, but only in normal amounts, so stormlight replaces direct storage of traits. I cant compound but I dont have to store traits as long as I have stormlight.

Again just a suggestion, easily worked into the magic system. If you want to keep it Cosmere canon I get it, just beware of absurdly fortuitous... everything from Frisian.

Also mind if I friend you on discord?

Edited by TheFrugalWizard

1 hour ago, TheFrugalWizard said:

... so that means feruchemists can compound using Stormlight. Just right off the top of my head that seems absurdly overpowered. If you want to allow it I won't complain but consider this: stormlight from alleystorms allows a feruchemist to draw power from it, but only in normal amounts, so stormlight replaces direct storage of traits. I cant compound but I dont have to store traits as long as I have stormlight.

Again just a suggestion, easily worked into the magic system. If you want to keep it Cosmere canon I get it, just beware of absurdly fortuitous... everything from Frisian.

Also mind if I friend you on discord?

Not a problem in the friend department! I will check in with the elders on if that was their idea for the unkeyed-ness.