The book I bought today is

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter. I've heard such good things about this book, and I'm so excited to start it.

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. I absolutely loved the First Law Trilogy up until the end of the third book. Despite having read ASOIAF, I was not prepared for how depressing the ending was. However, after cooling off for a year, I'm ready to try his works again, now that I'm hopefully emotionally prepared for grimdark.

8 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. I absolutely loved the First Law Trilogy up until the end of the third book. Despite having read ASOIAF, I was not prepared for how depressing the ending was. However, after cooling off for a year, I'm ready to try his works again, now that I'm hopefully emotionally prepared for grimdark.

You’ve read his three Stand alones right? There is some important stuff going on that you may be lost on if you haven’t. I currently listening to the book now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blood of Empire by Brian McClellan - - actually bought it yesterday on release day. It's the 6th Powder Mage novel, & the final book in the "Gods of Blood and Powder" trilogy. On Brandon's blog, his assistants Adam & Isaac just posted about it, so it seems I'm in good company.:) I'm looking forward to more Mad Ben Styke and his Mad Lancers! "Ride, lancers, ride!"

On 10/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ammanas said:

You’ve read his three Stand alones right? There is some important stuff going on that you may be lost on if you haven’t. I currently listening to the book now

How did this message slip past my radar? Well better 2 months late than never. Unfortunately, I haven’t read the independent books. I actually didn’t realize there were any until I finished A Little Hatred and went on reddit to look at discussions about it. I feel bad for missing so much, especially because people seem to love Shivers, but I didn’t even know he was an established character. I’m sure there’s a lot else I missed too. :(

Edited by Ooklidean Geometry

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to get to B&N over the weekend!

I got the following while there: Evil Thing The Story of That De Vil Woman, Dawn of the Future? (This is the DLC cut from Final Fantasy XV that was supposed to be the full ending), Murder She Wrote Season 1, Chaplin’s The Gild Rush and I ordered volume 1 of Journey to the West since it wasn’t available in store.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...