Araha stared surprised at the woman's statements and how seemingly without tact they were. While yes, it was true that Damaya would likely be able to stop fearing her powers later on, how she phrased that Damaya's problems were only a 'temporary setback' felt somewhat callous, but Araha didn't want to scold a woman who was much older than her, and didn't want to take from Damaya's agency, still though.

She even almost missed the answer directed at her. While yes, it wasn't Investiture from the Cosmere, Investiture seemed to be a catch-all term now for abilities beyond those of regular humans.

Edited by Cyanic

Damaya nodded. Hard words, but if there was a truth in them, then there also was a little piece of hope for herself.

"Thank you. And I really hope you're right. I don't even want to think about what happens, if I can't figure out these illusions soon."
She shuddered slightly and unconciously made herself seem smaller.

Edited by Sorana

“Of course. Welcome.” Turning back to Tena he responded. “Clearly you are very experienced as you are at least a third ideal Radiant. Now about your illusions, I might be able to help a little bit, are you an artist of some kind?” 

“What is it you want to learn about non-cosmere magic?”

I think Tena has every right to be callous, Cyanic. She lived through the Alleywar and killed Naermen. 

"It's best to take your time when learning how to Surgebind," Tena said matter-of-factly. "Elsewise, you and your spren will have a difficult time getting along, and that is about the worst thing for a Radiant. I met a Lightweaver once-" Tena cut herself off, not wanting to scare the girl. "Nevermind. Anyway, you don't have to rush into Surgebinding. Taking your time will prove more satisfactory in the end." A proverb popped into her head as she said this: "Endurance overcomes the cheetah, in time." 

Turning to the new guy, she said, "A Dustbringer? Of course there's room for you join. Are you skilled with weapons?" 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

@AxeliustheGreat being callous isn't a right, but I get what you mean, though that was Araha's own reactions rather than mine, we are in RP after all

Araha turned back to Mr. Amber. "Um, I just wanted to learn if there were other forms of Investiture that could be given to a person even if they weren't born into it," she said, then quickly added: "Without hemalurgy of course!" She knew about BioChroma and Awakening, but she wasn't sure of any other way to bestow Investiture (besides hemalurgy) on a person with Cosmere Investiture, she was curious to know if non-Cosmere Investiture had the same restrictions.

“I have heard that light weaving is easier for artists, as they can incorporate their art into their illusions.”

”I do not know how rithmatists get their abilities and many other Magic’s you must be born into, but epic derived technology is almost exactly like the powers themselves and anyone can use them. I happen to have some small abilities stored away if you are interested.”

Interesting. Pry thought. He could be helpful, if he weren’t being swarmed by people. 

She retreated back to her rock from earlier, content to wait. That she was good at. 

Pry picked up a stone and carved in her initials with her nails. It had become her tradition to leave her mark everywhere she went. Even something as small as a pebble contented her. She made a mental note to go back to the other training grounds as she’d forgotten to.

The night’s chill finally reached her and she stifled a few shivers before tapping into her brass. Pry had plenty of heat stored up from many summer’s worths of hot days, so she didn’t feel bad not being stringent with it. The warmth flooded into her. She let out a contented sigh and pulled two things from her bag. Yep. She could wait on that rock all night.

Edited by Silva

"Well, that explains a part of it."
she answered and then fell silent. If she needed to be an artist to create illusions apart from those that she managed, then that meant that she wouldn't learn how to do different ones here. She couldn't learn it. Not in the set timeframe.
Desperation grabbed at her heart and she covered her face in her hands, tried to think clearly, to find a way out and failed gloriously.

Edited by Sorana

Mr. Amber's mention of technology piqued Araha's interest, though it might be best to ask about it later when there wasn't such a group forming and he wasn't having to answer questions left and right. "I'm indeed interested, but maybe another time."

Araha noticed Damaya's distress though, and she wanted to help out her close-acquaintance. It was probably the line of questionings that was getting to her, "Oh!" Araha said to no one in particular. "I think I forgot something in my room, I didn't see it earlier," she then turned to Damaya. "Damaya, can you come with me? I might need help finding it, also so that I don't get lost." She chuckled, and motioned for Damaya to follow.

“Being an artist isn’t necessarily the only way to use lightweaving.” Mr Amber paused for a moment. “I will see if I have something to help you, later. Now Tena, I am unable to spar with you at the moment, but perhaps later?”

I think that was everyone besides @PrinceDusty and @Silva. Have I missed anyone?

“Pry, if you want, I can help you practice left handed sparring now.”

"Poor girls," Tena said to Mr. Amber as soon as the girls were inside the building and out of earshot. "So new to their powers and unsure about them. I wish they... I don't know, I kind of wish I could switch places with them." She smiled to herself sadly, and then suddenly said, "I don't get the prejudice about Hemalurgy, honestly. I ask for permission or have a request before I spike anyone. The Lightweaver I was about to talk about, he hated his spren and his Surges and the spren hated him. They asked me to spike them to get rid of the powers since the man was looking to become a Dustbringer instead. I just kind of have a fourth Ideal Lightweaver spike that I've yet to use. It's weird, the guy had sworn four Ideals, but still wanted to not have Lightweaving. I don't know what happened to him." 

She shook her head and ice-skated around some trees, her spren making a noticeable impression for once, laughing with joy at her use of the Surge. 

Pry watched the girl follow the other. She hoped she appreciated the paper she’d slipped into her pocket, titled ‘Pry’s guide to drawing.’ It wasn’t a masterpiece by any stretch, but she hoped her step to step diagrams could help her out. They’d improved Mejin’s artistic abilities by a tenfold, but then again Mejin’d never tried applying herself to art before.

“Sounds good,” Pry told Mr. Amber after standing up.

Ioc was sitting on the L-shaped steel pole, gazing at nothing. The ship lay to the left and in front of it, a grassy expanse everywhere else. It was stuck. Wherever the IID had taken it, Ioc couldn’t leave.

It was doomed to die.

Except that Ioc couldn’t die of old age, because reasons, so Ioc was doomed to be bored forever.

“I understand,” said the holographic image that had been following Ioc recently. “We need to escape. I’m willing to work with you,” The image looked like a 6’ lanky man in a business suit and briefcase.

“Thanks for the offer,” said Ioc, “But go away forever, then we’ll talk about it,”

“What did I do to upset you?” asked the man, who frowned.

“You didn’t help me get out of here twenty astronomical time units ago!” (This was a time measurement made up by Ioc itself, meaning the length of time it took to have astronomy. Not the science, but the stars and planets and such. Basically, the time it took for the universe to be) Ioc exclaimed.

The hologram cocked it’s head, then smiled. “Ah, you think I’m a trick one of your brain persona’s is playing for you. Thalamus, perhaps?”

Ioc did a double take. Not at the image. If the image was indeed from thalamus (who hadn't said a word of late) then of course the image would know about Ioc’s inner brain personas. No, Ioc did a double take of the spaceship, which was beginning to glow like a fire.

“What?” Ioc asked, still looking at the ship.

“Ah,” said the man. “I see you’re confused as to how I know you have inner brain personas. Let me tell you-”

“Shut up,” said Ioc. “Why is the ship glowing?”

The man flushed. “The ship is glowing because it is ready for another overdrive,”

Ioc was on its feet in an instant. “Another one? Who are you?”

“I,” said the man, smoothing down his suit with one hand, “am the AI companion of the IID. Recent labs began pairing them in order to stem the flow of chaos that came from such machines,”

Ioc snorted.

“However, as you know,” the man continued, “this didn't work. Improbability is improbability. So, here we are, slaves to the IID. However, I do hold one power over it. I can turn overdrives on and off. Frankly, I’m bored here, so I want to get away. But something is stopping us. Some force preventing us from leaving,”

Ioc began to laugh. It laughed boisterously. “You haven’t seen it yet?” Ioc asked, through loud chuckles.

The man cocked his head the other way. “Seen what?”

“This planet,” Ioc exclaimed, “Is magical,”

There was a pause.

“And?” the man asked.

“Huh,” said Ioc, “I thought you’d be more surprised by that. Magic is, after all, not real,”

The man sighed. “I’m pretty sure magic is real. You know the Cosmere?”

“Good point,” said Ioc, blushing slightly. “Anyway, back to the story,”

“Yes,” said the man, “What is going on here?”

“You see,” Ioc said, throwing it’s chest forward in an attempt to appear awesome, “This planet is magicable. So magicable, you see, that the mackis and myths are so darn magickable-”

“Excuse me,” said the man, “Could you use real words when you speak?”

“Sure,” Ioc said, “But I’m sure what I say is unrelevant,”

“Unrelevant? That one’s not real either,” the man said.

“Really?” Ioc answered, “I thought that one was,”

‘Gee, thanks, Hippocampus,’ said Subconscious.

‘GOOOOOOoooooooooo…..’ said Hippocampus.

“The story?” prompted the man.

“Glad you could use a different word than ‘said’,” Ioc said. “Now, this place is so darn infused with magic, a different magic than the Cosmere’s investitures, mind you, that everything must be perfect. Everything resents. Everything stays the same. So, when we arrived in a blast of Improbability, and the magic of this world couldn’t stop us, it had to reset to accommodate us. And now that we’re already here in the complete power of this planet, we cannot leave,”

There was a pause.

“Huh,” said the man. “That makes sense. “How’d you know that?”

“I’ve had a long time to think,” Ioc said proudly.

“A long time to think?” the man said. “This ship, and you, have been on the surface of this planet for just over twenty-two hours,”

There was a pause.

“WHAT????” Ioc exclaimed, throwing up it’s hands. “But what about all the adventuring i’ve done?”

“You mean when you’d wander around the ship, muttering to yourself, then start walking in one direction for about ten minutes, stop, wait for everything to reset, and start walking again?”

“I was walking for years each time!” Ioc yelled.

“No, you were not!” the man said.

“YOU KNOW WHAT??” Ioc screamed. “I’M SICK OF REFERRING TO YOU AS ‘THE MAN’! WHAT’S YOUR NAME?”

There was a pause.

“You,” said the hologram, “are a very strange being. My name is Jerry,”

“How’s that spelled?” Ioc asked, it’s voice now much calmer.

“G-E-R-R-R-I,” said Gerrri. “I know it’s not the common spelling, but it suits my needs,”

“Huh. You realize you have three ‘R’s in a row, right? That’s very uncommon,”

“Yeah. The one who programmed and named me was illiterate,”

“How does that work?” Ioc asked.

“Not very well. Because of that, I cannot spell either,” Gerrri answered.

There was a pause.

“So,” Ioc ventured (It was tired of ‘saying’ things), “How do we get off this rock?”

“That’s the problem,” Gerrri answered. “It is utterly impossible,”

“Ah,” Ioc breathed. “Darn,”

“So,” Gerri said, “If we can bypass the magic’ effects on the IID, there should be enough Improbability of us ever leaving to get us to leave. However, we need to lessen the effect that the magic had on the ship,”

“So what’s the plan?” Ioc asked. “Everything is reset pretty consistently, about three seconds between each reset. That’s not enough time to do, well, anything,”

There was a pause.

“I got it,” Gerrri said. “But it will involve a lot of sacrifice on your part,”

Edited by Gancho Libre

From high above, Ran saw Araha moving away from the crowd and followed her, turning into the form of a grain of sand.

When they were inside, Araha turned to Damaya. She still seemed out of it. She didn't really need Damaya to lead her around since she miraculously remembered where her room was, and she didn't really have anything to look for, that was all just an excuse. Now though, at least Araha understood better, Damaya wasn't just afraid of using her surges, she was actively distressed by people talking about it. She kept that in mind.

"Damaya, are you alright?" She's clearly not, Araha. She scolded herself in her mind, then gingerly put a hand on Damaya's back, hoping to comfort her.

Tena did an acrobatic flip and un-slicked her feet, coming to a full stop to watch Mr. Amber's and Pry's sparring. Her spren formed into a staff just as Tena leaned on it, then decided against wasting time, and began a complex Ketan, going slowly as she could, the moves made different by the fact that she was using a staff instead of a sword. She then modified the move further by slicking her feet partially so that it was harder to balance.