Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

Yzabet cocked her head to the side.

"Embrace it? You sound like Odium." Yzabet smiled. It was a smile that had seen friends and family slaughtered. It was a smile that had been beaten into bloodied half-complacency. It was a smile that had been through hell and back, yet still found a purpose for existence.

"And do you know what people like me say to Odium?"

"You cannot have my pain."

Yzabet attacked.

Devaan looked up and saw a giant stone falling from the sky.

He tapped speed and drew a card.

His hands fumbled. Fumbled? he hadn't messed up a draw so bad in years.

Devaan dropped the card and watched as it hit the ground. Devaan reflexively tapped zinc.

The world slowed. Devaan calmed and was able to plan out his moves.

Devaan tapped steel and dove out of the way. Sharp pain burst in his foot. The numbness, a cracking sound. He looked down at his left foot oh. lord ruler save me he had to tap electrum to stop himself from vomiting as he looked down at the sight of his mangled, shattered foot.

Devaan felt something snap within him. Pure anger burst forth. Devaan stood on his right foot, his left was slowly healing from stormlight, but he knew there would be permanent damage there. Devaan stored his weight and tapped a nicrocilmind he wore on his upper arm, giving him allomatic pewter to increase his balance, he limped towards hellbent.

"I'm not going to play anymore" Devaan snarled

"I'm not going to let you have any more time"

"I'm going to murder you"

Devaan limped onwards, drawing Atius. He was still faster than a normal human due to his speed but was slowed considerably due to the damage to his foot. he tranformed Atius into Simirtas by twisting it's hilt and pointed it at Hellbent.

"Lets see how long you'll live" Devaan spat

Water began to fill the dome from the ground up. Devaan started tapping Cadmium to be able to breath under water.

The water went up to the two fighter's waist, then neck. and soon both fighters were plunged underneath.

A section of Yzabet's helm shattered, and her sight went black. She stumbled, blood spraying everywhere. Regrowth healed her head in barely a second, and she continued in her attack, swinging at Azrael's left side.

Proof of this sort of healing: OB spoilers.

Spoiler

Shallan gets shot through the eye (into the brain) and easily survives. Renarin gets super squished by one of those big stone monsters and heals within two or three seconds.

Edited by I am Witless

A plasma pistol is... somewhat more potent than a bow, but that's just me being nitpicky.

Also, does that mean your Shardplate helm is gone?

Azrael, surprisingly, stepped into the blow, taking it on her (it's hard to tell with power armor) helm, but getting close enough to ram her power sword* into Yzabet's breastplate.

"The Shard of Hate is but a plaything to Chaos," Azrael snarled. "And your own god couldn't beat him. What makes you think you have any hope of winning?"

Edited by Grey Knight

1 minute ago, Grey Knight said:

Azrael, surprisingly, stepped into the blow, taking it on her (it's hard to tell with power armor) helm, but getting close enough to ram her power sword* into Yzabet's breastplate.

"The Shard of Hate is but a plaything to Chaos," Azrael snarled. "And your own god couldn't beat him. What makes you think you have any hope of winning?"

Yoops, you're right. She does have a helm on. Let me edit that... Renarin, who has regrowth, healed from being totally squished by one of those giant stone voidbringers. Yzabet, as an edgedancer, has regrowth as well.

The Shardplate held, but barely. Storms, this is like fighting another Shardbearer! It's been a while since I had a fight like this.

"You are not a God. You aren't even a god." Yzabet grunted, careful to pronounce the capital letters. It was a capital punishment to mispronounce a capital letter. She slammed Jael into Azrael's left side.

Did you name him/her after the greatest Discworld Death on purpose?

Nope! Didn't even know that was a thing. I just picked a random name I knew from 40k.

And also, Azrael is a she. The "it's hard to tell with power armor" was a retcon for why I used "he" in my previous posts.

Azrael grunted, the Shardplate cracking on her side. She slammed Jael aside with her power sword, firing the plasma pistol at Yzabet while she was open.

"You're not listening," she snarled. "Isn't that the whole point of your 'order'?"

Yzabet gasped, then breathed in more Stormlight to heal her wounds.. She wasn't quite running out, but better safe than sorry. 

"I listen to those who have been ignored. I remember those who have been forgotten. I speak for them who have no voices. You. Aren't. Those." I'm better than this. I'm better than this. It's just been a while since I fought another Shardbearer. I can do this.

Yzabet threw herself under Azrael and stabbed her in the knee with Jael, then kicked upward.

Azrael flew through the air, her bloody tabbard streaming behind her before she landed in a pile of rubble.

She rolled back to her feet, shouting incoherently as she raised her plasma pistol and fired again. Though nearly all of her left side had cracks in it, nothing was broken.

As the water went over his head, Hellbent swum up to Devaan. He tapped a huge store of luck, and grabbed at him. He managed to get a bag of spheres, and sucked in some of the stormlight. This would let him survive without breathing.Then he pulled out a knife, one of his last resorts. It flashed, and penetrated the flesh of Devaan. It was aluminum. He then swam to the edge of the dome, and used his shardblade to cut open the wall. The water washed out. 

Hellbent smiled tiredly. Then it turned into a grimace, pain shooting from his ribs. "Well, then I won't play either."

Devaan saw the man tapping huge stores of luck. He tried to resist but the aluminium knife pierced his shoulder, stormlight flooding into the wound as Devaan ripped out the knife.

Devaan felt the water flood out of the dome. That wouldn't save him. Devaan went through some stances with Simirtas, and  the water rushed out flying straight towards Hellbent. Devaan used allomatic chromium, combined with the harmonium core would leech away the luck when Hellbent was hit with the water.

Devaan matched Hellbent's level of tapping again. Cancelling it out. 

Hellbent was sent into the wall with a tidal wave of force, leeched of his feruchemical stores, his stormlight and his allomatic Chromium. Devaan released his luck once his bronze sense registered investiture was no longer being used.

Devaan watched has Hellbent writhed. Whenever he tried to swim out of it, Devaan commanded the water to rise with Hellbent.

Hellbent knew what it was to drown. It had happened before. But never had the water actively tried to drown him. As he panicked, he nearly died. Then he remembered one thing. His gift from death. More then one got a gemheart of teleportation. He used it, teleporting behind Devaan. He then grabbed a metal vile off Devaan's belt, chugged it, and did the same thing Devaan had just done to him. Leeched him of stormlight, leeched him of metals, and leeched his feruchemical stores. They always forget. I'm a leecher to. But even I can't last much longer.

Edited by Ark1002

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Leeched him of stormlight, leeched him of metals, and leeched his feruchemical stores. They always forget. I'm a leecher to. But even I can't last much longer.

Yeah! Leechers unite! :P But still, Rashan’s got a personality to follow so I can’t help you just yet.

With a gasp of surprise Caer quit peering into the Spritual Identity of the spike. He knew. The Solution. He had to share it.

He tried to focus in on his cognitive sight, and managed to get a glimpse of two aggravated minds not far away. Worried, he sprinted, leaving Voidus at the Worldspike and started tapping steel as soon as he was out of the shield, before zooming in that direction.

He was surprised to see the friend Devaan fight another man.

“Wait!” He said, trying his best to appear between them. “Why are you fighting?”

He had to understand why. He had to try and stop the infighting. He had to.

@Snipexe

How’s the breach going?

Edited by I think I am here.

"We're late storm it!!" Tevarah said riding up to the wall of the city then circling back to his command post ."If only we wouldn't have had that mishap with the cannons." 

"Tevarah." Tessi said calmly. "Dont be so hard on yourself, there's still time to help." 

"Right," Tevarah sighed. "but it would have been better to be here for Solace and the other council members, but now it's time, All of this preparation" he looked to the thousand some odd lifeless soldiers they had been spiked perfectly. He had started with one thousand five hundred lifeless, yet perfection is key to hemalurgy,  set a spike in the wrong place and you mess things up. It was very messy work and yet he had been chosen to be the Overlord of Hemalurgic Constructs and Research, it was his job and he was amazed at what you could do. He turned back to face the wall. "prepare squadron three, seven and one, load the trebuchets first knock down that archers nest, then send the-"

"Comander" sounded a deep masculine voice right into Tevarahs head, it had a slight accent of one well educated. "My men are ready."

Tevarah turned around, looking to the Meeker genaral, "prepare your men for launch, get with squadron seven they are going to send you in there with tbe trebuchet just like we practiced. Did you get the armor I sent to you?

"Yes my lord" the meeker replied.

"Good, you and you men are very valuable, your going to make the path safe for my men to go through, we must gain and hold some of this ground, be safe my friend, now on your way." The meeker nodded then scuttled away. Tevarah studied the map for a few minutes then looked up just in time to see the first boulder hurled at the archers nest crashing into it, the second and third going over the wall and landing in the city. Each of those special boulders will be carrying about fifteen highly intelligent Meekers who have been spiked and trained, ready to kill. "This is it what we have planned for it's not like we imagined, but we prepared nonetheless." He mounted his horse took the remainder of his troops and started for the Ghostbloods Command tent.

Edited by Jehoiada

3 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Azrael flew through the air, her bloody tabbard streaming behind her before she landed in a pile of rubble.

She rolled back to her feet, shouting incoherently as she raised her plasma pistol and fired again. Though nearly all of her left side had cracks in it, nothing was broken.

Jael formed into a shield, blocking the shot easily as Yzabet charged. She was on the offensive now, and wouldn't let herself be overcome quite so easily. She dismissed her armor, then summoned it again as a whole piece without crack or blemish. It took up a lot of Stormlight, but Yzabet still had her aluminum-lined bag.

Yzabet slashed at the pistol, taking off the front six inches. 

I don't know how Radiant Shardplate works, but this seemed feasible.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

With a gasp of surprise Caer quit peering into the Spritual Identity of the spike. He knew. The Solution. He had to share it.

He tried to focus in on his cognitive sight, and managed to get a glimpse of two aggravated minds not far away. Tapping steel, he left Voidus at the Worldspike and zoomed in that direction.

He was surprised to see the friend Devaan fight another man.

“Wait!” He said, trying his best to appear between them. “Why are you fighting?”

He had to understand why. He had to try and stop the infighting. He had to.

@Snipexe

Mind editing this so you leave the area around the worldspike before tapping? Otherwise bad things happen :wacko:

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

"This man" Devaan snarled, voice full of rage. He stopped glowing as he was leeched. His deck of cards was always stored in a waterproof pouch, and his backup connection minds were in the other pouch, he started tapping his backup minds. It seemed Hellbent had the ability to teleport, he wouldn't let that take him by surprise again.

"This man came into the war. Not to help the city, not to defend it. But for one sole reason. to kill. He just wants to murder and fight. He cannot be allowed to live and kill more" 

Devaan looked at his foot, it was slowly reforming, he could balance on it now, so he drew a card in his deck.

A joker

The fight was practically over as soon he started tapping the card. Each object split into different forms. He saw a copy of Rashan look astonished. Then the main Rashan did the same.

Atium. One of his rarest magical artefacts. Kept since just before the catacendere, He 'borrowed' a  vault full of the trust so he can make cards such as these. He only uses them every decade or so, however.

He saw a shadow of Hellbent behind him. he immediately spun, punching Hellbent in the throat.

Teleportation was powerful, but precognition defeats it

When Syen heard the Meekers she let out a sigh of relief. That meant someone was back at the camp, that meant more troops were possibly coming. And that meant, she maybe should explain why some inhabitant were heading that way.
With a grimace she turned around and started running for the camp, keeping to the part of the Alleys she had been in during the last hours. Through pure luck she found an injured horse, healed it and climbed above. Galloping to the warcamp she arrived when just in time to see a figure upon a horse reaching the command tent. She reined in her horse a bit and checked her braid, hoping to offer a confident and calm picture. With a sigh she took in her bloodied and torn cloths. More likely she looked like beggar crawling through a sewer. She hesitated a moment, unsure how to proceed.
"You can do that."
Essuns voice was quiet, but comforting.
"The moment I say something, they will all look at me. It's one thing to politely knock on a door. But this is something different."
Essun sighed a bit.
"They are already looking, Syen. Just tell them you can give them an update what happens in the city."
Syen directed her horse a bit closer and forced herself to smile.
"Hello. Do you need an update on whats happening in the city?"

@Jehoiada

Edited by Sorana

Finally got most of it figured out. Going to do the breach in this post.

The Shoggoth has died far too quickly. And for what? Killing a few defenders? He’d sacrificed part of his sanity summoning it, and it seemed it was all for not. The change in the overall battle was in himself. The voices were only getting worse, and he was starting to see things. Nothing solid, no, they were far too clever for that. It was just little glimpes, figures on the edges of his visions. Dark, grinning, figures. As the ghouls continued to explain to him what happend, Gaan practically growled with anger. Though his assistants were preparing for another summoning, it was taking far too long, and he wanted an immediate counterattack. The ghoul finished explaining the situation, and then departed with its squad, looking for intruders. Gaan turned around, preparing to help his assistants, when Voidus appeared in front of him. The figure, covered spikes, simply handed him a key, and gestured for Gaan to follow. They walked quickly, passing through various Alleys and passages, Voidus explaining nothing of what was happening, ignoring Gaan’s many questions. They finally got to a door, one that Gaan had never seen before. Voidus gestured for Gaan to insert the key into the door, and then opened it. As Gaan followed him into the room, Voidus closed the door behind them, and then gestured. They were on a balcony, overlooking something incredible. The Cages, where all of the DA’s many hemalurgic creations were kept (not actually in cages of course, luxury suites are much more effective). Voidus gestured towards a simple button, labeled, “Party and Cake!!!”. “You want me to press that?” Gaan asked. Once again, instead of speaking Voidus simply gestured at the button. Why didn’t he just press it himself? Well he was a god, and maybe they don’t concern themselves with such things. As Voidus‘s gestures grew more frantic, Gann happens to look backward. What he beheld shocked him. Instead of an open door, there was just a doorway, with nothing in it. Had he really gone that crazy? Gaan shrugged his head, and then pressed the button. All the doors to the cages unlocked. Voidus grinned and then disappeared. Gaan watched in horror as all the creations were released into the village. The button had just said,”Party and Cake!!!” Why did the cage doors open. He looked at the button again, but this time it read as something different, “Mass Release”. Gaan realized what happened. Voidus’s not speaking and sudden appearance and disappearance. The lack of a door, where one had once been. The changing of the name of the button. Gaan was far, far, far crazier than he thought he was. It seemed he could no longer trust the world as he saw it. He would have to make sure he had an assistant with him at all times, to prevent this from happening again. He once again looked out onto the empty suites in horror. What he had done was unforgivable. He would have to make up for it. He would make up for it.

Ok, the abominations are loose. Now seems a great time as ever to band together! Also, please keep in mind these things are storming powerful. I would expect moderately powerful people to have a challenge with one. If you're gonna fight multiple, at least some pretty big consequences for it. Anyway, I look forward seeing lots of characters dying now. Also, here's a list of the monsters just as a reminder. 

Quoting Voidus' post:

"DA experiments that may be found running loose and their abilities (More to be added when possible):
(My Lovecraftian knowledge isn't perfect so information on Eldritch beings may be subject to update if others find it inaccurate)

Ghoulshttp://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ghoul
Appearance: Feral, cannibalistic humanoids. Appear humanoid in shape, usually with canine features, rubbery skin and hairless.
Natural abilities: 1 in ten may be spiked with an Allomantic of Feruchemical ability, otherwise none.
Physical abilities: Darkvision, otherwise no better than the physical abilities an athletic human might have.

Shoggoth : http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Shoggoth
Appearance: Shapeshifting balls of flesh. Usually have a multitude of eyes and mouths on their body along with a few amorphous tentacles.
Hemalurgic abilities: None
Natural abilities: Shapeshifting, Resilient, Physically Strong
Other Notes: Like a Kandra they can naturally shift their bindpoints, would be almost impossible to kill with Shardweapons due to difficulty cutting their core. Not quite animalistic in their intelligence they are not as intelligent as most humanoids. Likely competitive with a chasmfiend in physical strength.

Stranger
Appearance: Human but with deep black voids in space instead of eyes.
Hemalurgic abilities: Duralumin Feruchemy,  5x physical speed.
Spikes: 8
Other Notes: Have had their Identity spiked from their body and they store Connection continually. This renders a Stranger almost impossible to notice, especially when combined with their enhanced speed. Will generally try to assassinate the closest living creature to them.

Kolossal
Appearance: Appear like Koloss, however these can grow up to twenty feet tall.
Hemalurgic abilities: Strength (8x), weight reduction
Spikes: 9
Other Notes: Incredibly strong, Incredibly angry. Kolossal have had a portion of their weight permanently removed from them, allowing them to exist at an evenlarger scale than a regular Koloss.

Sentry
Appearance: Human but with bat like wings sprouting from their backs, sunken eyes and permanently sweaty (It's a bug, we're still ironing it out)
Hemalurgic abilities: Weight reduction, Enhanced Sight (2x), Iron Feruchemy, Iron Allomancy(2x), Surge of Gravitation
Spikes: 7
Other Notes: Excellent detection capabilities, general mode of operation is to fly up into the air, spot an enemy from an extreme distance, Lash themselves multiple times in that direction and then tap all their weight as they impact.

CopperCrow
Appearance: A slightly larger than normal crow, copper spikes usually protruding from its beak and a coppery sheen to their claws, which usually carry more copper spikes.
Hemalurgic abilities: Copper Feruchemy, Duralumin Feruchemy,
Spikes: 4
Other Notes: Have an instinctual knowledge for Hemalurgy. They fly around in groups, and when they find a likely victim the flock descends, attempting to stab a copper spike into one of the victims bindpoints and spike out their memory, then store these memories in their copperminds.

Dread
Appearance: Human but tall (6-7 ft.), with a large hunch to their back and their teeth filed to points.
Hemalurgic abilities: Allomantic Zinc or Brass (x12)
Spikes: 12
Other Notes: Even when not using their allomantic abilities project an aura of despair around them, when using their Allomantic abilities they approach Duralumin levels of Soothing and Rioting."

5 hours ago, Voidus said:

Mind editing this so you leave the area around the worldspike before tapping? Otherwise bad things happen :wacko:

Oh, yeah. Sure.

Caer didn't hear it.

No, he felt it.

A disturbance. Death. Pain. The bodies of so many dead flashed in his vision, and then returned, each time a little different. Each a different outcome of the war. And all of them ended up with thousands dead. The Solution could only work for people. What he felt ahead... it was completely different. Monstrous.

"Oh, no." He whispered, before hearing a mighty roar in the distance. They'd come.

Edited by I think I am here.

It was time.

The beige cloud that once hovered over the battle began to float downwards, slowly at first, then picking up speed. The flat cloud twisted into a tornado-like spiral and slammed into the ground. A gigantic beige mushroom-shaped mist enveloped several square yards of the battle inside the alleycity.

All was still.

Then, the mushroom cloud, which had lingered for a few seconds and obscured the vision of everyone inside, was promptly sucked back into itself, leaving behind a vacuum that pulled everything inside towards the center as well as the air rushed inwards to fill the empty space.

The fighters staggered, their battle momentarily stalled.

Then they saw her.

She stood where the middle of the mushroom cloud would be, her eyes and fingernails glowing beige. She stepped forward, causing some of the soldiers in her path to retreat back a few steps.

Neither side knew whom she would strike.

Then, Naermen smiled. She flared Iron and pulled a sword out of a defender's hand, one of those they classified as the 'DA'. She did not strike him, though. She swirled and stabbed a TUBA soldier by pulling him into her blade.

She declared war on TUBA. They must not get the worldspike.

As a young Black Crusade trainee walked into a bar, without his armor, he felt like he had to use the restroom.

So he walked down the hall.

Opened the door.

And nearly screamed.

Affixed to the ceiling were seventeen dead bodies, and the ground was covered in almost half a foot of blood.

Then.

He saw

Bubbles in the blood. He shot at the bubbles, but nothing happened. A gurgling sounded beneath his feet. 

Then, a demon shot out of the water, stabbing his claws into the young man's neck. Bloodbath twisted the trainee's neck, and snapped it. Then, he took out a few stakes from a pouch on his side and affixed the corpse to the ceiling.

And with a gurgle of blood down the drain, Bloodbath was gone. 

Edited by Mirv

Hellbent felt pain shoot up his neck. How did he do that? I thought all Atium was destroyed! He tried one last time, teleporting. Devaan was there. He ran out. He was out of energy, bleeding, and had broken ribs, and on top of that, Devaan had punctured his throat. He fell to the ground, writhing.

"Kill me. I see now. I deserve it. But one request. Give his to my daughter."

With a weak hand, he pulled out a letter. A will. It said:

To my daughter, Ambrosia Nightshade, give her my piece of gemheart, for teleportation.

To my closest friend, give him my armor.

"Do it. If you don't, I'll be scarred for life. AND I DON'T WANT TO LIVE PAIN!" Anger returning, Hellbent dropped the letter, trying to drive a regular knife through Devaan's chest. He ran out before he got there. The voice that sometimes spoke to him returned. You were always a pawn. And a broken one at that. Your life was a failure. 

"AAAARGH!" He grimaced, glaring at Devaan.

As Death walked through the Alleyverse, a flow of blood formed from a crack in the wall.

"Death, we pledge ourselves unto thee, though we have done much of your work, we wish to become your champion, if you would acquiesce to this request."

Edited by Mirv