Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

Hellbent spun, getting out with only a huge burned gash, instead of death. He sucked in stormlight, starting to heal. He punched, hitting Drako straight in the chest, oblivious to the pain from hitting shardplate. He summoned his shardblade.

Hellbent grinned, an evil grin. "Thanks, Drako. I was beginning to become bored."

"It turns out it is a pure form of investure. I have enough to make that storm of yours and have some left over." Solace said, deactivating his sabers and putting them on his belt. "We need a safe place to do so." 

He said this with a smile noting the rhythm of Elkanah.

Sorry sound femalen  I'll change it

20 minutes ago, Mraize said:

...Even the mighty TUBA

Aww shucks. *blushes* You're mighty too!

Mace approached Solace, brushing molten metal out of his beard as he did so. His fingers lingered above his empty sword scabbard.

"We aren't called the underground bakery association for nothing. Our basement appears to be... undergoing a spontaneous renovation at the moment, but we've got another subterranean hideout not far from here. The entrance is right next to that Shoggoth, we can slip in there and prepare uninterrupted."

Mace tilted his head to point the way. 

"I am very aware of its name, Mace, after all I helped choose half of its name, the underground part if you are aware. Anyways let's stop lingering here and get going. We done have any time to waste. The sudden storm should give an advantage, hopefully." Solace said "after you old friend."

Resolve thrums through Elkanah. It was a common Rythym, but he could still hear it, thanks to his bond. "How do we beat a Shoggoth?" He says, "they regenerate so quickly and have no center for a shard to cut through. We won't be getting into that base. Unless..." he trails off. "Could we lure it somewhere? I'm fast enough I could loop around and catch up" he says to Confidence. "Someone just needs to be ready to block the door."

If he seems more confident then before... well... forms can change the mind, not enough for a complete personality change, but a noticeable difference.

Edited by Inklingspren

Rohan spun his swords quietly so that the bottom was facing up. He let the canisters of silver dust spray to add to the cloud. Slowly, he accumulated a massive amount of metal. He was the nexus, the core of a storm. He had enough bits of silver, nickel, steel, and bronze about him that he was untouchable. He began to walk towards the TUBA HQ, to Solace, Mace, Elkanah, and Kane.

There was something he needed to do.

Kane (Who was with Mace, Solace, and Elkanah) began to speak. 

"I can block it. I will do ChayShan. Once it gets close, and I have built up enough strength, I will strike."

He glanced over with alarm. A shrapnel storm was approaching. 

Rohan shouted to Kane.

"I can hold off the Shoggoth! You four go!"

Edited by BitBitio

"WHO WILL FIGHT ME? WHO WILL TEST THEIR POWER AGAINST MINE?"

Devaan ran towards the sound, his body a blur from the sheer amount of speed he had and found Hellbent and Drako already fighting. He sat back. If Drako couldn't handle it, He'd step in and take out Hellbent.

Solace shurged. "I took out off those giant things in about two seconds. Sure it isn't Da worthy but I could probably handle it by myself or we could just-"

Solace grabbed Elkanah and Mace teleporting them inside the doorway. He slammed his body against the large aluminum blast door sealing it.

"- use the surge of transportation." Solace finished. "Before you say anything I lived here too. I know most of the ways in and out of here as well as this here facility. Anyways where to? Also are you sure we wont accidentally summon the Storm in here?"

Finishing off the cookie, Voidus brushed the cookie crumbs off his shoulders and onto the ground. He could feel something elsewhere in the city, a source of power unlike the others. But thankfully it was still distant, still something that others might be able to handle.

"So you want to end the war?" Voidus asked Rashan, taking a step towards him. "You were acquainted with a friend of mine it's true. But that in itself is not enough for me to trust you with something like this. You're asking me to take you to the linchpin that holds the world together. Even if I believed you had no malicious intent, if you flail around with these new abilities you've acquired without understanding them it could throw the balance out, set off a chain reaction that could destroy not just the city but this entire universe and everything within it."

He took a steadying breath, only now noticing how aggressive his tone had been. He took a step back, to his original position. Forcibly relaxing himself.

"It seems my emotions are getting the better of me today. I apologize."

He pulled out a small stopwatch with a silvery backing and pressed the top of it in slightly. The world around them crawled to a snails pace, leaving a small bubble around Voidus and Rashan that continued at a normal speed.

"Now we have some time. So, while I may be inclined to accept your payment if I believed that you could do what you claim, what proof do you have that I can trust you and that you can control your abilities?"

22 minutes ago, Voidus said:

"Now we have some time. So, while I may be inclined to accept your payment if I believed that you could do what you claim, what proof do you have that I can trust you and that you can control your abilities?"

As much has Caer hate to admit it, Voidus was right. This wasn't just arriving at someone's house and asking to go inside. This was asking to fiddle with one of the most powerful parts of the universe. Caer needed more than words and promises to ensure he wouldn't (accidentally or intentionally) make the war worse.

"I have... these." He said, bringing out 3 zincminds. He'd used one up looking in Devaan's soul. "I can see the future, but I can't comprehend it. These boost my mind so I can actually perceive the information I get instead of going mad, or worse."

He put two in his pocket and held the last one in front of him and Voidus. "If I'm correct, I'll only need two of these big ones for the Worldspike, which leaves with this small one." Caer stepped forward.

"And if you really need proof I can control it, then, well," he hesitated. "Then I can look into your soul with this zincmind. That could work, right? And then when I look, I'll see everything about you, things only you know, so when I say them, you'll know that what I do can be controlled." He hoped a physical demonstration of his abilities would be enough for Voidus.

"What do you think?"

Edited by I think I am here.
This is getting interesting...

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

"WHO WILL FIGHT ME? WHO WILL TEST THEIR POWER AGAINST MINE?"

Devaan ran towards the sound, his body a blur from the sheer amount of speed he had and found Hellbent and Drako already fighting. He sat back. If Drako couldn't handle it, He'd step in and take out Hellbent.

Drako definitely could not handle it. Despite the (relatively) weak force of the kick, he staggered back, falling to his knee behind a growing line of Salamanders space marines. He and the space marines showed all the signs of having gotten into a fight with God and lost- shattered Shardplate, broken or damaged weapons, and wounded barely able to walk.

Despite all this, they were still space marines, and they were armed to the teeth. Bolt rounds, plasma bursts, thermal cannons strong enough to melt tanks- all were fired directly at Hellbent.

Death started humming to the Rhythm of Your Obedient Servant. damnation Hamilton was good. He saw a nearby soldier try to get close to the Worldspike. Fool. Death let a tendril of pure untamed investiture escape his mouth and strangle the man. Death did the Darth Vader thing with his hand because it looked cool.

Yzabet, who was unaware that her RPer had been gone hiking, blinked as if waking up. There were screams. There was blood. There were people who she didn't know, and she wasn't comfortable this close to the fighting. 

"The entrance is only accessible to those with TUBA membership." She muttered, watching the armored, tentacled knights in gory armor attack the TUBA technicians. "But that doesn't stop those monsters. I...…….. I said that I would listen." Her eyes narrowed, and Jael appeared in her hand as a long, bright bastard sword. 

"I will listen! I will remember! Life before death!" She screamed, charging at the enemy. 

"RUTABEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Fine. Wait here." Solace said.

He returned outside using transportation. He grabbed Storm and Kane and reteleported out grabbing Rohan and returning back to others. 

"You all owe me a favor for saving your lives."

@BitBitio I didn't catch you were double charactering it

"I think you'd need more than a Zincmind to comprehend that." Voidus said, a small smile tugging at his pale lips. "But I take your point."

He reached into another pocket, pulling out a small golden coin, a pattern of grooves in its surface seemed to distract the eye, drawing the vision in to follow the patterns into infinity. Flipping the coin towards Rashan, Voidus nodded his head towards it.

"Not as old as I am, but if you can discern the history and purpose of that then you might have a chance."

Caer caught the coin hesitantly, and listened to Voidus' challenge. Okay, he thought, wrapping his fingers around its surface and squeezing it tightly in his palm. You can do this. Simple. He'd never tried an inanimate object before, but all things had a soul, and besides, the Worldspike wasn't exactly a person either. If he was unsure with dealing with non-living things, better mess up on the coin then on the Worldspike, right? But if he messed up on the coin, then he wouldn't even be able to go to the Worldspike. All in all, failing was not an option.

Squeezing his eyes shut - he didn't his physical eyes open to see spiritually - and holding the coin in front of him, Caer felt the familiar texture of a zincmind in his other hand as he tapped into its reserves, simultaneously peering into the coin's cognitive, and soon its spiritual identity.

It was a mess.

Jumbles of flashes of people and events and Connections cycled through Caer. This was way more complex than a human. At least living things had a lifespan! This coin could've easily been around for thousands of years. As the landscapes swooped past Caer tried to concentrate and tapped his zincmind further. You can do this, he kept repeating to himself. You. Can. Do. This.

Slowly, each of the flashing images seemed to slow down, to become more clear, and to provide Caer with more information. He went back, to the creation of the coin, to its inception. 

Scadrial. The thought seemed like it was directly pinged to his mind as Caer saw the lush forests, the small villages and yellow flowers. But while this looked like it was set after the World of Ash, it was clear industrialisation had not reached here, and for some reason Caer couldn't recognise the forests.

No way, Caer thought, a realisation hitting him like the Scadrial thought had hit him before. These people, the clothes, this wasn't Elendel or even set remotely after the World of Ash. No, this was before it. The time before Rashek. How old was this thi-

Caer's thoughts were interrupted as a man darted from the bushes, leaping off of a gold coin and being chased by men in suits. Odd. Men didn't wear suits in Classical Scadrial.

The running man flung back some coins and hid behind a log as a cover. He was on his last gold coin. Clutching it in his fist (much like Caer was clutching the same coin in his own fist) the man uttered one solitary word, "guide", and a multitude of what seemed like Breath escaped him and went into the coin before it blasted into the air and flew away before the suited men killed him, obviously looking for the coin.

Fast forward hundreds of years snd thousands of flashes and Caer could see it held in the hands of the DA, passed from general to general and kept as a sacred artefact. He saw men use it to navigate their way through the alleys, and so numerous fights between the DA and the same suited men over it.

Caer saw the coin switch hands, and switch owners, until finally it came to Voidus, who held it before Caer, who held it before -

The flashes and visions ended as Caer quit his spiritual gazing, noticing his zincmind was empty. Oh well, he'd gotten the information he needed. Voidus stared at him intently.

"It's a map." Caer said, tossing back the coin. "Awakened and pulled from Scadrial, it's a map of all the alleys the DA has. All of them." That was all Caer said about the coin for the time-being. He didn't feel too keen into the rest of what he'd seen. It still disturbed him.

"Is that enough?" He asked hopefully.