“That means you’re better now, right?” Dan said, just laying next to Shae quietly for a few minutes. “Okay, now I’m bored and I don’t have anybody to talk to. Waaaake up.” He licked Shae’s whole face and neck a few times, then focused on Shae’s eyes and mouth.

He groaned, blushing deeply and curling up- hiding against Dan out of instinct and wincing from the burns that were left. He felt exhausted, and Dan was warm- he didn't want to wake up yet... besides, it felt like his whole body ached. He'd have words for Dan when he decided to get up- there were only two reasons he'd be this sore that he could think of, and they were both Dan's fault. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Why?

Shae muttered to himself, reaching up with one hand to try and cover Dan's mouth- try being the key word, because he covered Dan's left eye instead and took maybe a minute of moving his hand around before he finally covered Dan's hand. He was still pretty out of it. "Wanna... sleep..." His hand dropped, and he started to zone out sleepily again. 

Shae grumbled, then realized he was burning tin. He blinked his eyes open, confused. How would Dan know that? He only did that subconsciously if he had extra or had been hurt. Realization made him glare up at Dan. "Just how hard did you work me during our last exercise session? Or did you beat me up like this when we sparred afterwards? I'm gonna show you exactly how upset I am once I... get the energy to move my legs..." He groaned, closing his eyes to try and rest them. He felt so exhausted...

He shuddered, then relaxed against Dan and sighed. "Explain... please..." His scars all over his body looked less faded, and some old burn scars all over his back looked like they'd just finished forming that morning. His eyes didn't get fixed either, remaining as damaged as they were. 

Shae stared at him, processing that and blinking away the mental image that came with it- a flash of memories all focused on panicking and needing to protect Dan. He shook his head, hugging Dan. "How? You couldn't have stopped the copter, and I would've got into shock anyways, so... how are you a bad boyfriend? You should know better than to think that... besides, the church should be fine. I'll need to touch up that soulstamp though... I'm glad I attached it to a base, rather than having it be self-contained. I can update it to hopefully make it more... explosion-proof..." He sighed. 

“But I’m the oldest and I need to keep everyone else safe because that’s how it works!” Dan muttered. “If I can’t keep everyone else safe then I’m not the oldest but I am the oldest so I need to keep everyone else safe but I couldn’t protect you so what am I doing with my life anyway?” He huffed and licked Shae’s face again, wanting to cry but knowing that doing so would be bad because then everyone would know that he was weak and would stop relying on him.

Shae blushed. "Dan, you are allowed to really on other people. If I'm not allowed to get hurt protecting you, I'd feel the same way you do right now. I deserve the right to protect the people I love, and you don't have to take all of the responsibility in the world. You aren't the oldest person alive, after all. No one is. You're only human, after all... you can't be perfect." He smiled,  hugging him happily and comfortingly.

“Mmph,” Dan said. “I’m the oldest sibling. That means I have to take care of other people always.” He know that Shae wouldn’t get that, so he just licked Shae’s face again, then said, “We should probably get going. I know where we can get back to the Complex.”

Shae stared at them, tensing. He had no way to protect himself- his limbs were tied, his magic purely artistic, and he refused to awaken. He was even having trouble thinking right now because he was so tired. If these people wanted to hurt Dan,  or him,  he couldn't do anything to stop them...

The green-armored giant came to a halt.

"I-" he said haltingly. "I have an Apothecary- storm it." He reached up for his helmet and took it off. The face underneath was scarred and twisted, but his eyes were clear, and frighteningly intense.

"The assassins who did this are still at large," he said, the words spilling out in a rush. "You may not be safe here. The Dark Angels are offering you, and anyone affected by the attack, asylum, medical treatment, supplies, whatever you need."

@Sherlock Holmes

“Just get us back to the Whiterose Complex, if you really want to help,” Dan said. “And maybe pay for the medical bill. If you wanted, you could also patrol the Complex to keep future attackers out.” Dan moved in front of Shae, trying to keep him safe.

@Grey Knight

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Shae blinked. "Um... Thank you? I agree with Dan, but... are you sure they were Assassins? I thought they were invaders..." Dark Angels... wasn't there a guild nicknamed the 'DA'? Were these those people? That didn't seem as bad as everyone seemed to think, if they were... 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith