16 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Keep away from the Alleys."

He answered.

"The hospital is safe. As for the rest, nothing is."

Redatrick paused. Nothing outside the hospital was safe? He sat up again, and thought about the alleys the boy had mentioned. For a city to be named after alleys was interesting, if the alleys were dangerous. And if the hospital was the only safe place, he’d have to stay here. The outside might be filled with monsters, or unbreathable or something.

“Thank you,” he said. “What makes everything outside this building so dangerous?”

52 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Redatrick paused. Nothing outside the hospital was safe? He sat up again, and thought about the alleys the boy had mentioned. For a city to be named after alleys was interesting, if the alleys were dangerous. And if the hospital was the only safe place, he’d have to stay here. The outside might be filled with monsters, or unbreathable or something.

“Thank you,” he said. “What makes everything outside this building so dangerous?”

"The people."
Mike replied, his voice intense, passionate.
"Those belonging to the Dark Alley are everywhere, and they will use you for experiments and then they will throw you away."

"If you're lucky, you only stumble in a guild war, or in one of their conflicts. Some of them are always fighting."

He thought for a moment.

"We had some peace a few years ago, but then that was precedented by a nuclear explosion, so I'm not sure if that counts."

Eying Redatrick he extended his hand.

"I'm Mike. And you look dangerous, you'll find a way."

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

Eying Redatrick he extended his hand.

"I'm Mike. And you look dangerous, you'll find a way."

“Thanks, Mike.” Redatrick said as he took Mike’s hand and shook it. He lurched out of where he was lying and stood up, though he still leaned on the bed for support.

“I’m Redatrick,” he said, grabbing his hat from a nearby table and putting it on. It still had a  dried up splash of blood on its side. “You can shorten that to whatever you want.”

He thought about outside this building. According to Mike, it was like a constant warzone between factions? With a little bit of crazy experimenters mixed in between.

Jarret would love this place, he thought. While he and his gang usually only tortured for information, Lucky Jarret was the only one to actually experiment on them. He said he was on the brink of some discovery, but Redatrick had left before he could hear it.

Mike said Redatrick would probably be fine, but Redatrick still didn’t know heads or tails about the world. “You know, I could really use a guide to help me out,” he said. “Even if I go out of here, I’m still in the wild.”

16 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Mike said Redatrick would probably be fine, but Redatrick still didn’t know heads or tails about the world. “You know, I could really use a guide to help me out,” he said. “Even if I go out of here, I’m still in the wild.”

Mike nodded eagerly. He wanted his help. Someone wanted his help.

"Sure!"

He jumped to his feet and winced, when his spikes moved. He'd almost forgotten about them for a moment.

"I'm part of some kind of gang, you could come and join us! Bella wanted to recruit new members, and then we planed on meeting later today."

He felt his leg strech and with a groan tumbled to the ground, as his leg suddenly changed into the arm of a squid. Focus, he needed to focus. As long as he wasn't distracted, he could at least stop his body from changing. Pressing both hands against his leg, he imagined flesh, bones, a knee, a foot. He needed to change back. A sob escaped his lips and he forced himself to take a deep breath. Breathe, the soother had told him, in one of their sessions. Breathe, it is your body. You share it with some animals, but it's still your body. His body his leg. Slowly he felt his flesh harden again, and sagged in relief.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Slowly he felt his flesh harden again, and sagged in relief.

Redatrick stared with wide eyes. “Bloody magics,” he mumbled, instinctively reaching at his hip for his shotgun but his hand just flew through empty space. He looked around for it, and found it lying on another table. But he’d have to wait until he was ready to walk before getting it. He continued to stare at Mike. Slowly, he bowed his head in respect.

“Faceless Immortal,” he said. Though he worshipped the divine Phoenix, Harmony’s own hands deserved respect, at least. Mike seemed to match everything. Shapeshifter, can look human but actually were other creatures. Crossbow Cameron, another member of his gang, had always wanted to find one, if only to kill it. Cameron had also been the cause of that crossbow bolt in his thigh.

“I’d be fine with joining your gang,” Redatrick said. Suddenly getting the offer seemed more legitimate now that he knew who it was coming from. He remembered his old gang, the fact they were still after him. “I’m trying my best to not be trackable, though,” he said. “How secret is this gang?”

11 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I’d be fine with joining your gang,” Redatrick said. Suddenly getting the offer seemed more legitimate now that he knew who it was coming from. He remembered his old gang, the fact they were still after him. “I’m trying my best to not be trackable, though,” he said. “How secret is this gang?”

"What?"
Mike asked.
"Who is immortal?"
Slowly he got back to his feet, rubbed his hip where he had fallen on the floor.
"Well, we're working for those that pay us. I don't think we're the most secretive you could find. But Bella is cool, she's strong and she's scary. "

37 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"What?"
Mike asked.
"Who is immortal?"
Slowly he got back to his feet, rubbed his hip where he had fallen on the floor.
"Well, we're working for those that pay us. I don't think we're the most secretive you could find. But Bella is cool, she's strong and she's scary. "

Was the Faceless Immortal trying to pretend not to know? Of course, they were in a hospital. With people. Of course the Faceless Immortal wouldn’t admit it in a public area. Redatrick would have to discuss that in private.

“Nevermind,” he said, listening to Mike talk about his gang and a person called Bella. “All I need to make sure is that I can’t be located or traced to the gang. That, and a disguise. But I’d be happy to join you.” He walked over to the table with his gun and picked it up. All ammo was there with it. He’d rested enough he could walk for now. He put the gun in its holster and looked to Mike.

“Where do we go?”

19 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Where do we go?”

Mike nodded.
"I can get you a disguise somewhere on the way. I'll show you. If you don't know the city, it makes no sense if I tell you where?"
He hesitated.
"I'm not sure how easy it would be to locate you there. I never really cared to stay secret."

Ark plans to post the corresponding thread when he wakes up again, so sometime the next few hours.

Kera felt the power flow into Nekorb and hit a wall. Gritting her teeth, she pushed, forcing the Investiture in.

The wall drank it in without even pausing.

Kera sighed and gave it up. Clearly the hole was gone for good.

She stepped back a couple of steps and spoke to Mira. "What happened to him that caused all of these injuries?"

@Sorana

Edited by xinoehp512

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike nodded.
"I can get you a disguise somewhere on the way. I'll show you. If you don't know the city, it makes no sense if I tell you where?"
He hesitated.
"I'm not sure how easy it would be to locate you there. I never really cared to stay secret.”

Redatrick nodded. At least, even if his ex-gang tracked him, hopefully this gang could protect him. He knew that if they were hunting him down they wouldn’t hesitate to kill a few more people along the way.

“Alright,” He said. “Let’s go, then.”

Let’s jump to the Bloodflame thread now?

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Redatrick nodded. At least, even if his ex-gang tracked him, hopefully this gang could protect him. He knew that if they were hunting him down they wouldn’t hesitate to kill a few more people along the way.

“Alright,” He said. “Let’s go, then.”

Mike nodded and led the way.

Changing threads.

===================

@Sherlock Holmes

Could you maybe edit the thread so that it has an Era 3 tag?

Edited by Sorana

A day and a half later, some people were walking to the front entrance of the hospital. Three of them decided to stay outside, and three entered.

On the left was a man with something large and leather-sheathed resting on his back. Maybe a sword.

In the middle was a man who was looking over the hospital and smiling.

And in the middle was a man in better quality clothes than the others, almost like a country suit. He wore a black and gold cowboy hat.

As they approached the front desk, the smiling man moved to talk but the man with the clothes cut him off.

“Hello,” he said. “We’re looking for a friend of ours who was here recently. Heavily injured?”

@I think I am here.

The old man at the reception smiled politely at them.

"Do you have a better description? We have lots of heavily injured people here."

=================

@xinoehp512

She stepped back a couple of steps and spoke to Mira. "What happened to him that caused all of these injuries?"

"Some kind of explosion. A young woman brought him here."

"Here, take this and pull back his flesh. I need to staunch the bleeding or he will die."

She continued with her work, looking after one injury after the other. Finally she stepped back and nodded at Kera.

"If you can't do anything more - I can't either. I took care of his wounds, but if he survives - that depends on him."

She gestured to a nurse.

"Check on him regularly. Call me or Kera, should he seem to be getting worse."

Edited by Sorana

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

The old man at the reception smiled politely at them.

"Do you have a better description? We have lots of heavily injured people here."

The trio paused, then whispered to each other. Finally they turned to the receptionist again.

“He had a cowboy hat,” the finely dressed man said. “Carrying a shotgun and maybe a knife. Other than that, I’m unsure.”

They went silent again, and suddenly the smiling man clicked with his fingers, an idea coming to his head.

“He would have had a... thing stuck in his leg. A sharp -”

“A wooden weapon-edged crossbow bolt with a sleek tip and a low file cut,” the man with the sheathed weapon interrupted. They all had a Roughs accent, though his was thickest.

“He would have had it stuck in his thigh.”

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“A wooden weapon-edged crossbow bolt with a sleek tip and a low file cut,” the man with the sheathed weapon interrupted. They all had a Roughs accent, though his was thickest.

“He would have had it stuck in his thigh.”

The old man raised an eyebrow.

"And you don't have a name?"

He started looking through his ledgers, then paused again.

"It's a lot of effort for mme to find someone with such a vague description... What about a compensation?"

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

The old man raised an eyebrow.

"And you don't have a name?"

He started looking through his ledgers, then paused again.

"It's a lot of effort for mme to find someone with such a vague description... What about a compensation?"

After some more whispers among them (“Compensation?” “Nah. Do you think they have his name?” “Prolly’ not.”) the trio turned back to the old man.

“Though a compensation sounds nice and we are curious as to what you have to offer, we really want to meet our friend. He must have admitted here at least a day or two ago, and... he’d have a silver necklace on with some sort of fire bird on it. That’s notable enough, right?”

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

After some more whispers among them (“Compensation?” “Nah. Do you think they have his name?” “Prolly’ not.”) the trio turned back to the old man.

“Though a compensation sounds nice and we are curious as to what you have to offer, we really want to meet our friend. He must have admitted here at least a day or two ago, and... he’d have a silver necklace on with some sort of fire bird on it. That’s notable enough, right?”

"Sure."

The man nodded, smiled at them politetly, waiting.

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“So, do you know what room he might be in?” The smiling man asked, fiddling around with a coin in his hands.

The man noticed the coin and a short smile crossed his face.
"No. But I might tell you where he went."

The smiling man faltered, then looked to his partners.

“He already left?” He whispered to the man with the weapon.

“Sounds like Red,” came the response, accompanied by a sigh. “No one should be able to heal that fast. He’s no Bloodmaker.”

“Some of the worldjumpers we hunted could heal like that,” the smiling man said. “Who’s to say now that he’s betrayed us and joined the bad guys he doesn’t have the same magics?”

“We’d just have to assume he does,” the well dressed man whispered. “And I believe they call themselves Worldhoppers, Jarret.”

“Oh, shut up, Mickey.”

They finished their whispers again and turned to the man, real concern showing on their face. “We’d really like that,” the well dressed man, Mickey, said. “Where did he go?”

30 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

They finished their whispers again and turned to the man, real concern showing on their face. “We’d really like that,” the well dressed man, Mickey, said. “Where did he go?”

The old man tapped the table in front of him and looked meaningful at the coin.

11 minutes ago, Sorana said:

The old man tapped the table in front of him and looked meaningful at the coin.

The smiling man, Jarret, followed his gaze to the coin, which he now realised he’d been holding. So, apparently currency was the same here. And bribery still went. He quickly pocketed the coin.

“What are you doing, Jarret?” Mickey asked, readjusting his black and gold cowboy hat.

“He wants my coin.”

“Then it give it.”

“It’s my lucky coin!”

“Scrap the rust, you don’t need a coin for luck.”

Jarret glared, then took the coin out of his pocket and set it down. It was an ordinary silver boxing.

“You should probably know,” the man with the weapon said, crossing his arms. “We don’t like being cheated.”

Edited by I think I am here.

48 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“You should probably know,” the man with the weapon said, crossing his arms. “We don’t like being cheated.”

The man nodded.

"He went off with Mike, one of the youngs ones, that have to work here for a while. Mike led the way, so they were either off to the Ghostbloods, or to that gang Mike joined a few months ago."

39 minutes ago, Sorana said:

The man nodded.

"He went off with Mike, one of the youngs ones, that have to work here for a while. Mike led the way, so they were either off to the Ghostbloods, or to that gang Mike joined a few months ago."

“Ghostbloods?” Jarret asked. “That some sort of street gang or something?” So it was either that or another gang.

“We can split up,” the man with the weapon said. “Send us for the Ghostbloods, send Pell, Sam and Knife-eyes for the other gang.”

Mickey nodded, and turned to the old man. “How would we get in contact with these gangs?”