Shattered Oaths [RP]

Kaj

Dude, couple things. First of all, probably easier just to do quotes. Second of all, you're not really supposed to ask for rep. You saw Mestiv's quote in the longest thread, right? In general, rep isn't a super big deal. You'll get rep if people want to upvote you. Or you won't. Doesn't matter that much.

"Abi says that the way is clear in this area. Whatever they are mining for isn't in this area. We are going to slip into a crack that leads to the mines under the plateau. We will then climb up an abandoned part up on the plateau within patrol borders. My hope is that we can get a  Lightweaver up to get an aerial view of the place and then give us a rendering of it as a map. We will have to be careful, there are Voidspren in the area. That means that besides lightweaving, no surges. After that, we get our plan together and then wait for the storms. It's more dangerous, but we are more likely to succeed.

3 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Hey guys, could we all upvote each other's posts in order to increase our ranks? 

I think asking for upvotes is frowned upon by the mods. Just FYI

“Hello, I have arrived.” Using a complex lashing Soul stopped his falling so he hovered next to the group, and then started spinning around so he flipped from upsides down to right side up over and over again. “As for my name, Soul will do just fine for now.”

Elefthera formed into a women and made herself visible to everyone. “I am so sorry for him, he is recovering from an Identity crisis and murder withdrawals, so just let him act strangely for a couple days and then he will be back to normal.”

Edit: Sorry didn’t see this page so didn’t see Kidpen’s response.

Edited by Life&Death

Syen straightened herself and shook her head few times. Jumping around was... odd.

"It's alright. I think we all have our issues."

Looking from Elefthera to Soul she added:

"A name is a powerful thing. A lot of your identity and how you see yourself is connected to the name. If you want to be called Soul then it's solely your decision."

After a short break she put her backpack down, taking out her canteen.

"I don't need a surge to care for wounds. I have some basic medical training. It's only an offer and something I thought you should know before something goes wrong. If you can take care of that yourself that's fine, saves me work and supplies." She smiled again, hoping that they would see her offer as that what it was. An offer, no trap, no second thoughts. And hopefully she hadn't offended them by indicating they couldn't look after themselves. Shards people were so complicated. 

Walking a few steps she refilled her canteen and stored it again afterwards.

Edited by Sorana

"Well, I think it's worth noting," Tena, putting a coin down softly on the floor and Pushing against it, flipping herself over so that she stood on the uneven roof of the crack, "that Soul definitely has less cool Investiture than me." Seeing everyone upside down was weird, though seeing Soul not upside down was even weirder. She started walking into the plateau via the crack, Pushing the coin slightly in front of her so she wouldn't fall and crack her skull, thinking, It's kinda odd that the ceiling of this thing is wider than the floor. "Also, Syen, I'm an Edgedancer with the Surge of Healing-thingy, so we can both heal people right up. And, uh, you made a pun about Soul's name a second ago. That's pretty awesome. You know, if I went to the Nightwatcher, I'd have to ask her to give me the ability to come up with great puns on the spot. Sounds like an awesome power, doesn't it?

"Wait, wait, I'm getting chatty. But then again, when am I not?" Tena gave everyone a mock-stern look. "If I ever get ridiculously chatty, tell me, okay?" She stopped Steelpushing and flipped again, landing on her feet flawlessly, something she'd mastered doing in Elendel after many embarrassing failures. Then, she took a few jogging steps and un-friction-ed herself, gliding forward and up with momentum that she kept going with her steel Metalminds. She found where the crack led into the mines and crouched there, waiting for the others. 

"I made a pun?"
Syen thought about her words and shrugged.
"Actually I didn't intend to make one. I'm sorry."
After a short break she added:
"Kilo wanted us to not use any surges, because of the Voidspren. That's why I brought the whole healing-without-a-surge topic up. But it's good to know that in an emergency you can act as well."

Edited by Sorana

"Yeah, and I can use Steelpushing and Steelrunning without any of those void-y things getting onto me for it," Tena affirmed sensibly. "Also, I can Awaken stuff without them noticing, unless they can sense any Investitiure at all, which I doubt." She spoke as Syen walked haphazardly up the crevice. 

Grinning Syen looked up at her:

" I don't know much about other forms of Investiture. I still have a long way to go learning what I can do."

She pointed at a small plant next to Tena:

"But I can tell you, that the small plant over there helps when you have an headache."

Soul burned aluminum and immediately fell on his head. Standing up he pulled out a sword. “Alright, let’s kill things!”

”No, we are here to watch and to play support remember?” El interjected.

Making an annoyed face Soul lowered his sword.

Kilo went completely weightless and hovered, grinning as he slowly spun. "Who wants to try and get up there? Tena, do you mind getting them up into the air. I would use an illusion to cover yourselves. I just need an aerial view of the camp. I'm going to assume that it is more than just this mine and the stormshelter. There will probably be barracks, wagons, bridges, guards, and a place where the Fused manage things." Kilo said.

Floating over to a branch in the crack, he continued. "Crawl through this crack. You will come up just behind the stormshelter."

“I got that Kilo.” Soul lashed himself into the sky, and when the portion of the shattered plains they needed looked small enough, he pulled out a large blank map. 

“Alright El, pen please.” El formed into a pen form, but no ink case out. Lashing the paper so it would move Soul held it up so he could see the dark chasms outlines through the page, and traced them with his knife-pen. After he had a stencil of the map, he pulled out another piece of paper. Lashing this one to the first so they remained stuck together he poured ink over the first page. Pulling them apart he lashed the ink covered stencil into the distance and waited for the map to dry.

”El, how can I be useful if I am going crazy?” He whispered. She formed into a woman and sat on his shoulder and remained silent. Sighing Soul wrapped up the now dry map and shot down to rejoin everyone.

Tena walked along the roof of the mine, Pushing a coin slightly in front of her in a way that would keep her on the roof of the mine. She crept forward, and heard the sound of maybe three miners. She saw them coming and flattened herself against the roof. A supervisor was with them, and as she passed under Tena, Tena stopped Pushing against the coin and fell behind her, landing on her feet and smacking the femalen over the head with her Shardstaff. The supervisor crumpled to the stone ground without even a sound. The Parshendi children she had been chaperoning spun around, but Tena held up a hand to tell them to be quiet.

All three of the children were small, skinny, and very thoroughly miserable-looking. Tena immediately felt like giving them all hugs, but they were clearly wary of her. One burst out into tears, and Tena hugged that one, the little girl not pushing her away as the other two children looked like they would've.

"Okay now," Tena said gently to all three, the little femalen she'd been hugging backing away, "I'm here to get you all out of here, safely. Do you know where the other children are?" All three nodded, their silent, sad faces making Tena sad. She gestured her comrades out of their hiding place.

"Well, we still have around a hundred children to locate and rescue." Kilo paused and scratched a copy of the map into a shelf-like, stone slab near one of the walls. "The storm should be here in less than an hour. They will be locking the children in the storm shelter up above. That is likely the only time they will all be in one place. Their captors will be in this shelter just across the plateau. I think they are a bit worried what the children might turn out to be capable of. Whatever the reason, that will be our chance to get them out. During the storm, there will be so much investiture going, it will be hard to tell that we are out there. That means powers will be back online. Once we are out in the storm, however, it will be dangerous. We will need to protect them until we get to this chasm to the south. There, I have prepared a way into the cognitive realm. Let's see if we can get that far."

Abi nodded with approval. "For once, you're taking charge."