Shattered Oaths [RP]

Kaj

"I will liberate those who's freedom has been denied." Kilo whispered. It had been a long time, but now was the time. His goal? To free the listener children who were being overworked and mistreated.  His spren had encouraged this, though they weren't fully bonded yet. Kilo was in a ravine. There was a Highstorm expected to clash with the Everstorm here in a few days, but this was the best base of operations he could find without being noticed. He wore a set of double bracers. They were composed of Iron, Duralumin, Electrum, and Bendalloy. He didn't want/need the others as they would ruin the purpose of this mission, and unless Soul (@Life&Death) decided to show up, he as of yet, unable to use his surges. The interesting aspect of the bracers were the large gemstones embedded in them. They were large chiorite ones, just for dramatic flair. They were also dun. Kilo had learned the listener language, Alethi, and Thaylen. He had studdied the Rhythms and had memorized them. He tapped connection, of which he had been storing up months of, and set to climbing out of the chasm.

For those who want to join, the purpose of this one is to further Kilo's work in developing as a Knight Radiant. It is still completely open ended and open to all.

It is also a chance for me to interact with all of you.

Timeline: Post Oathbringer

The camp is located about fifty kilometers from Kilo's current position. All of which are in an unexplored area of the Shattered Plains. Feel free to jump in.

Kilo smiled and breathed in stormlight from the pouch at his waist. Kilo lurched upward, arced back down, and crashed eerily softly to the ground next to Soul. "It has." Kilo grinned back while brushing the crem off of his leggings. "I also need to work on my lashings. You would think my experience with storing my weight would be enough." The last wisps of the small amount of stormlight evaporated off of Kilo's lips.

Another figure emerges out of a shadowed crack in the wall, then summoned his shardblade. He cut his way up, and landed in front of the two. 

Hellbent walked up, and calmly stated, "Hey, you want to free the remaining listeners children? If you will have me, I will help."

“Practice is the only thing that will help.” Soul replied with an insane look in his eyes. “I’ve found that this is the best way.” Stepping out above the chasm he fell face first towards the bottom of the canyon towards certain death.

"Hellbent. I would greatly appreciate it." Kilo leapt in the chasm just to the left of Soul.

"Are you sure it is a good idea to follow him to certain death?" The shimmering woman asked.

"We'll be fine, there's more than one way to survive this one." Kilo responded.

Syen walked the chasms looking for plants she could use for one of her potions quietly humming some kind of song she moved slowly, not wanting to miss a rare one. Her dark hair was pulled back in a loose braid and her clothes wrinkeld and a bit dirty from travelling. After a while she looked up and saw two figures leaping into the chasm. For a heartbeat she stood there, watching them, then she started running, positioning herself so that they could see her. In a hunch, she lifted her hand and waved, still running towards them. If they really wanted to commit suicide maybe she could help them. And if they didn't then it would be interesting to learn who they were.

Hellbent sat on the plateau, and created a bright, glowing light around him. He then summoned his spren, vortex, as a shardblade. The light turned into a training arena. Hellbent began to practice. I will need to practice if I am going to be successful in this. I am not nearly practiced enough with this blade. He moved quickly, slicing through the illusions of people. He needed to make a mark in the world. Adn this is where he would start. Freeing listener children.

Edited by Ark1002

Kilo swung in a swooping arc and tumbled to a stop on the stony bottom of the chasms. The girl had stepped back to avoid being collided with. "I don't think we've met." Kilo said. "It looked like you were trying to get my attention though. I am called Kilo." Kilo stepped forward and held out his hand in greeting.

Soul made his body frictionless, and through some subtle lashings he slid along the chasm wall, onto and across the floor, and started back up the opposite side. 

“Hello! I’ll be right with you!” He called. Vaulting of the wall he did a backflip towards the center of the chasm. Lashing himself back down he landed in a crouch next to Kilo and the woman. Stormlight shot out of him in a ring of smoke.

”I am known as Soul. What brings you here?”

Sven also extended her Hand.

"I'm Syen. I was looking for plants here  in the chasms. I use them in potions and the plants here are rare."

She smiles relieved as she continues.

"For a moment I thought you were going to jump to your death. I planed to help you, as a truthwatcher maybe I could have done something, but you seem to be fine."

"What were you doing here? Can I help you?"

Edited by Sorana
Typo

"As a matter of fact, if you wanted to, we are practicing a little bit of our surges before we go to rescue some children. I found out they are being used as slave labor. I hated being a captive, and I don't want them to have to endure it as well. I guess it is fitting that I am aspiring to be a Skydancer." Kilo said. "So far, the only other one we have is up top. We better go see what Hellbent is up to before he gets bored."

Kaj glanced over to Soul and back to Syen. "I would offer to launch you up, but I am unpracticed and it would likely be rough."

"Rescuing children sounds good, and practicing as well. I'd come along if you don't mind. Ja it necessary to bring some medical  tools? Some bandages and more imporant food? If they work as slaves there's a good chance some of them are injured or malnourished."

She pulls a piece of cloth out of her pack, spills some water over it and puts the gathered plants in there. Then she rolls it all toghether and puts it away.

"Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'm totally fine with climbing. Not fast or flashy, but it works. My rope is not far from here, you can also use it if you want to."

She looks over to Soul:

"I mean both of you, of course."

Edited by Sorana

“Thanks for the offer, but I can manage, also if you want to go faster, I can launch you up quite smoothly.” Soul walked over to the wall and then took a few steps up the wall. “Then we can go pick up you rope, it would really be no trouble.”

"Medical supplies would be very helpful. You are right about potential injuries and malnourishment. There will almost certainly be some." Kilo said gratefully. "I think I may take you up on the rope offer. I need to keep my physical strength up as well. I almost didn't because I need to practice my lashings, but I think I can do that when we get to the top."

Abi nodded in agreement, making a face towards Soul, though Kilo didn't know if it was directed at him or his spren. She definitely has an attitude. He thought.

"I have some bandages with me and know how to use them, but I don't know if they will suffice."
She turned looking at Soul:
"Thanks a lot for the offer. But I won't let Kilo climb alone. My rope hangs just around the next corner, I haven't been here long before meeting you. We see each other up there?"

Smiling she turned and walked a few steps, waiting for Kilo to follow her to the rope. Her voice turned soft, not much more than a muttering:
"Oh come on Essun. Sometimes we have to talk to somebody. We can't spend our entire time alone. And helping children seems a worthy goal." An sigh followed by: "I know. Not now..."

Gesturing to a wall she looked at Kilo:
"Just over there."

Edited by Sorana

Kilo followed Syen. Abi was getting easier to see, clearer and clearer by the moment. She flitted through the air exploring every nob and crack in the chasm walls. The rope was a strong chord with no knots.

"I take it you use this for more than just climbing." Whiteout waiting for the reply, Kilo started climbing. Legs dangling, one arm then the other. I am definitely going to feel this one. He thought. 

"Of course you are." Abi said flitting around him. "That is why you chose to do it, yes?"

Syen watched Kilo using only his hands and shook her head. Men, she thought, always showing off.

She waited until he finished then stepped up to the rope. Carefully tying one end around her waist she adjusted her Backpack and started climbing. As usual her left arm made it diffcult, not giving her the reach she needed. She couldn't move it higher than her shoulder for so long, that she almost had forgotten how it would be with two healthy arms. Only now and then she really missed it. Like now. But she had climbed here before, had chosen this spot because it allowed her for lots of possibilities to push herself upwards and not only to pull. Whenever possible she stopped, adjusting her knot and shortening the rope, so that she wouldn't fall back to the bottom of the chasm if she missed a handhold. It took her a while to reach the top of the chasm, and definitly longer that it had taken Kilo, Essun helping her, highlighting good spots to put her feet or her hand.

Afterwards she pulled the rope up, coiled it and tied it at her backpack.

"You're right. I use it for more than climbing. A rope often comes in handy. Are you eady to go join the others or do you need a moment to catch your Breath? That was an impressive display of strength."

"I'm ready. I wasn't trying to show off. I apologize if it liked like I was. The reason I do it is so that I can maintain the physical strength I have and so that I don't become too reliant on my abilities." Kilo replied, starting to walk.

She was right. He was a bit out of breath, but he was a bit worried about leaving Hellbent and Soul for too long. They had a tendency to draw attention."I am curious though. What brings you out to an unexplored of the shattered plains?"

"I meant when I said impressive. No criticism intended. I wouldn't have been able to climb the wall like that. And you're right. It is better not to rely solely on stormlight."

Syen shot him a quick glance and fell silent for a few steps.

"I was looking for plants. My mother taught me how to use them to cure some illnesses or keep away infections. So that's what I was doing."

Again she fell silent, looking at Essun sitting on her hand, barely visible in the sunlight.

"And I was here, because I'm not so good with people. We are not so comfortable around people. I could have found the plants somewhere safer, but sometimes I have to get out. Be alone for a while. I try to be polite, to fullfill the expectations but it's hard. For me it's hard. Once in a while I have to get out."

Reaching up she grabbed a few strands and put them back in her braid.

"And you? Is there anything I should know? About the children or..."

She stops and smiles apologetically.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to prey."

Edited by Sorana

"No problem. I understand being put under pressure. It's good to stay informed. They are Parshendi children. Apparently, someone has a grudge against those who refused to take on a form of power. Their parents are dead, and they are being severely mistreated." Kaj replied. "Do you know much about Parshendi?"